Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Legal Status of the NCL with the RFL

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

What is the legal status of the NCL with regards to the RFL after the RFL & Community Board agreed to use the following definitions to describe leagues at tier 3 & 4 operating in the community group.

1/ RFL Member league or 2/ RFL Affiliated league

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

What is the legal status of the NCL with regards to the RFL after the RFL & Community Board agreed to use the following definitions to describe leagues at tier 3 & 4 operating in the community group.

1/ RFL Member league or 2/ RFL Affiliated league

I believe the NCL is an "Affiliated League" - and I guess that means we are in control of our own destiny. I'm happy with that. How about you?

#3 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

No, NCL will be an RFL Member League, it is quite clear in the letter sent out

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Is it?

#5 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

The NCL will not sell their soul to the RFL, they will be affiliated.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#6 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think that you'll find that full time has been called on their independence and they're all "souled" out my old whistle-blower.

#7 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Definition 1  RFL Member League 

A League wholly operated by the RFL eg Yorkshire Mens League

Defintion 2   RFL Affilated League

A League that has a seperate legal status to the RFL but is affilated to the RFL thorough one of the bodies of the RFL Community Board. eg BARLA with the Pennine League

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

No, NCL will be an RFL Member League, it is quite clear in the letter sent out

If you look at the letter it has purposely left the NCL off of any definition 9Seems strange as it's the flagship) but added certain leagues to the definitions !!!

Could this just be a the smoke screen to hide the truth of where the NCL Committee's loyalties lie ? you know the old saying out of sight out of mind.

The letter does say over the last 18 months considerable changes have been made in the way leagues have been managed and administrated by the RFL, Lets be truthful here, who are the leading figures within the Community Board and who do they represent even if they did :jester: do have independent views.

Is there a legal reason why the English Schools are affiliated to the second definition ?

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

The NCL will not sell their soul to the RFL, they will be affiliated.

You mean like a double agent ? or to safe guard the Arnolds?

If as I suspect the RFL will start to offer friends with benefits even more benefits to definition 1 and your saying the NCL will be definition 2, well you know where I'm going with this one don't you. :ph34r:

Edited by Marauder, 31 July 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#10 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

The letter does say over the last 18 months considerable changes have been made in the way leagues have been managed and administrated by the RFL, Lets be truthful here, who are the leading figures within the Community Board and who do they represent even if they did :jester: do have independent views.

You could look on the RFL website to find out who sits on the board and who they represent but I suspect you know who exactly they are.

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

You could look on the RFL website to find out who sits on the board and who they represent but I suspect you know who exactly they are.

I do and I'm still baffled on how some got there :airkiss: unless there has been a lot of string pulling or creeping  :hi: because these guys are just being used to be the cheap butchers to gain the elite amateur clubs  :butcher: You only have to see where they cut funding and once they got the NCL on board and which clubs have and will benefit the most from the operational rules/guidelines to the loss of identification, the rest (pub teams) will be cut adrift.

Edited by Marauder, 31 July 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

A couple of warmers into the bank to aim you in the right direction to which definition 1 or 2 the NCL have their sights set, who is in control of the NCL website (I don't mean the Vichy government either) who can actually take complete control at the flick of a switch ? Who's computer software is getting blamed for fouling up this seasons NCL fixtures when the back of a fag packet would have sufficed and where do the RFL rep's site at a NCL meeting ? 

Edited by Marauder, 31 July 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#13 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

The NCL is an Affiliated Tier 3 League as opposed to Conference South , which is a Member League 

The NCL management committee is the Management group appointed to run the competition . The composition  of the Management Committee is governed by the NCL constitution , which provides for elections by the members at AGM. The Committee is ultimately responsible to the member clubs for what it does.. It is elected by them and can be removed by them - who actually controls the NCL should therefore be pretty obvious to all except those who do not want to see.........

#14 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

The NCL is an Affiliated Tier 3 League as opposed to Conference South , which is a Member League 

The NCL management committee is the Management group appointed to run the competition . The composition  of the Management Committee is governed by the NCL constitution , which provides for elections by the members at AGM. The Committee is ultimately responsible to the member clubs for what it does.. It is elected by them and can be removed by them - who actually controls the NCL should therefore be pretty obvious to all except those who do not want to see.........

So are the Yorkshire Mens League, NW Mens League, NE Mens League etc, they are run the way you explain the NCL is.

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Does that mean the Operational rules have been signed with strings attached or you will abided by the operational rules to gain benefits but will not sign them ?

#16 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Does that mean the Operational rules have been signed with strings attached or you will abided by the operational rules to gain benefits but will not sign them ?

I have no doubt Marauder that the NCL really can take care of themselves. You shouldn't worry so much about us dear. However, I am getting worried about you: you really must get a life.

#17 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

So are the Yorkshire Mens League, NW Mens League, NE Mens League etc, they are run the way you explain the NCL is.

In short don't think so.... but this isn't a forum for those leagues, that'll be the community forum

#18 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Why do you not think so?

#19 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Peter has already stated on a earlier thread that in its present state no one should agree to the OR .
They are at the moment just draft rules and all leagues have the right to challenge and offer amendments .
Wether the RFL listen to any objections and amend is another matter , but as they stand at the moment there are numerous points which our little league will be objecting to .
What I won't become is an unpaid worker for the RFL I do what I do for the love of the game and if I am going to have my hands tied behind my back and told how give up my time by having to be tied to a dictatorial bible then it's a good bye from me .

The RFL can't run the amateur game without the help and cooperation of us volunteers just look at the mess they made of the National youth league as an example .

#20 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

In short don't think so.... but this isn't a forum for those leagues, that'll be the community forum

Your wrong there Spidey the NCL is the pinnacle amateur league and the clubs in the NCL have teams that play in those leagues .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users