Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Legal Status of the NCL with the RFL

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

So why cannot i have an opinion on how the ncl is run?

#62 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Of course you can, you will find the General Rugby League Forum first on the list and it invites you to discuss Super League, Championships & Other General RL topics.

Where does it say where you can and can not state your view's and opinions on any of the forum's ?.......................................Thought it didn't !!!

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#63 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Isn't it a bit pointless discussing Super League on here when there are many discussions available to join in elsewhere?  I bet you are the bloke who empties pubs and bars just by walking through the door.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#64 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Isn't it a bit pointless discussing Super League on here when there are many discussions available to join in elsewhere?  I bet you are the bloke who empties pubs and bars just by walking through the door.

Not at all, in fact I'd say I'm a popular type of guy who normally lets the world go.

#65 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

OK Once a Ref.

That's it for me . The  non NCL Trolls have finally taken the bridge. I had hoped that sharing info / ideas whilst maintaining confidentiality would have been of some use or even entertainment but this forum is totally screwed so I'm out of it at least until it gets back to what it used to be like.

For any genuine NCL people with issues just visit the contacts list on our website. The reps there will certainly help....

Enjoy your day......

"forum"

I thought that meant debate.

Edited by Li0nhead, 03 August 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#66 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Excuse me, can you please stop posting posts totally unrelated to the thread or you could risk the chance of someone reporting you to the moderators and you being a hypocrite..... 

#67 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

The NCL have had an administrator paid for by the RFL for over 15 years , following the 'deal ' struck between them and Lindsay securing the temporary future of demising pro clubs such as Chorley.. Smart move at the time as far as I'm concerned . At least 150k over that period of time towards admin costs alone ?

Ok Del, so based on the smart move and the £150,000 paid in kind to your league over 15 years, my next questions would be; is the Chorley club the same one as spent some time in the pro game and if so why are they in Northwest Men's (where's the Domino Pizza gone) and not in the NCL, along with teams such as Bramley and Nottingham Crusaders, both of whom I believe fit in the "demising pro clubs" category.  

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 05 August 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#68 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Chorley Panthers in the NWML are nothing to do with the old Chorley club that left the pro ranks to join the NCL. Chorley joined the NCL in 1993-94 finishing runners up to Woolston in the premier division then in 1994-95 they finished 3rd behind Woolston & Heworth. For the following season they returned to the semi-professional ranks. I went to Chorley RLFC last ever home game against York. There demise coincided with Blackpool Panthers entering the league. Chorley put an A team in the NWCL division 6 for the 1994-95 season but they disbanded after playing just 1 game. There was no open age amateur RL in Chorley after that until Chorley Panthers joined the NWCL division 6 for the 2002-03 season.

#69 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Nottingham Crusaders, both of whom I believe fit in the "demising pro clubs" category.  

The Crusaders were never a pro club.

The pro club was Nottingham City -nickname " Outlaws" - which played out of the Harvey Hadden stadium.

This is not to to be confused with the Nottingham Outlaws, who play in the NCL South, out of the Harvey Hadden.

The name is a reference to the legend of Robin Hood, who, as every sane man knows, was a bandit from the Doncaster area.

Any resemblance to real or imaginary forum members is purely coincidental   :ph34r: 

#70 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

The pro club was Nottingham City -nickname " Outlaws" - which played out of the Harvey Hadden stadium.

This is not to to be confused with the Nottingham Outlaws, who play in the NCL South, out of the Harvey Hadden.

The name is a reference to the legend of Robin Hood, who, as every sane man knows, was a bandit from the Doncaster area.

Any resemblance to real or imaginary forum members is purely coincidental   :ph34r: 

Yes you're right Raider I was factually incorrect with the Nottingham suffix. I must have got distracted as I watched the third Indiana Jones movie on Saturday - The Last Crusade.

However the fact still remains that there is no diminished Nottingham pro club at present or past operating in the NCL which takes away more credibility from Del Boy's explanation, as to why NCL have a full time RFL employee handling their business  

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 05 August 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#71 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

... takes away more credibility from Del Boy's explanation, as to why NCL have a full time RFL employee handling their business  

Again,  as we have come to expect of our BARLA officials, you ask the wrong questions.

The question should be how did BARLA allow former BARLA luminaries to hijack their own flagship league.

#72 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Again,  as we have come to expect of our BARLA officials, you ask the wrong questions.

The question should be how did BARLA allow former BARLA luminaries to hijack their own flagship league.

Not that I would ever refer Del Capo and team as an inspiration to others, I certainly would question seriously - what on earth BARLA were thinking of when they allowed the NCL to set up independently.

Definitely a monstrous, management, misjudgement to say the very least, considering that the league has certainly come back many times, to bite the association from which it was borne.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 05 August 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#73 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Apathy is the simple answer Cutskye , Barla set up the NCL and didn't manage it pure and simple . Just like they are still not managing the leagues they have now we are facing a major change in the way the game is being driven and what lead are we getting from Barla ?
Apart from one Barla official ie Roger Fagge no other buggar contacts us on any issue bit like our community board rep . The situation is a complete and utter joke and nobody seems to give a monkeys .

#74 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

I actually went over Barnsdale Barr today going home from Cudworth,

#75 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not that I would ever refer Del Capo and team as an inspiration to others, I certainly would question seriously - what on earth BARLA were thinking of when they allowed the NCL to set up independently.

Definitely a monstrous, management, misjudgement to say the very least, considering that the league has certainly come back many times, to bite the association from which it was borne.

Trust

#76 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Any resemblance to real or imaginary forum members is purely coincidental :ph34r:

Isnt Locksley in Sheffield?