Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

eddie cochran

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Are these the same brain dead generations who invented the phones that you can listen to Eddie Cochran on?

I would never listen to music on a mobile phone, how soulless.
the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#22 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,158 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Which form of audio entertainment has soul on your view?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#23 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,089 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Do you listen to the radio ,just another means of listening to music.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#24 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,158 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

you realy don't have a clue at all -do you?

I do if there's anything to have a clue about
How many of cochranes compositions can anybody remember?

Mean when I'm mad was unintentionally hilarious

Three steps to heaven was twee

Twenty flight rock was brilliant as was summertime blues, something else(done far better by the move though), and of course c'mon everybody(again eclipsed by humble pie )
Keeping it local

#25 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

I do if there's anything to have a clue about
How many of cochranes compositions can anybody remember?

Mean when I'm mad was unintentionally hilarious

Three steps to heaven was twee

Twenty flight rock was brilliant as was summertime blues, something else(done far better by the move though), and of course c'mon everybody(again eclipsed by humble pie )

It's funny you should mention Gene Vincent, he was in the same car when Cochrane was killed.  I was just becoming interested in pop music and Vincent and Cochrane had recorded sessions for "Saturday Club" the big pop show in those days on the Light Programme on Saturday mornings from 9-00 to 12-00.  I was a big Vincent fan, but I also liked Cochrane and certainly at that time he was a bigger star than Vincent.  I recall, "Cut across Shorty," and a version of "Hallelujah I Love Her so" by Eddie were pretty good.  But it's true he wasn't really old enough to be in the same league with Jerry Lee, Chuck Berry etc.  I like Buddy Holly and some of his stuff is still fresh today.  IMO no Buddy Holly, no Beatles.

Edited by Trojan, 01 August 2013 - 08:57 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#26 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,686 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

What does have a soul?
Fides invicta triumphat

#27 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Not an android, that's for sure.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#28 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,686 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

I would like to know how enjoying music is dependent upon the device that you choose to listen to it on. I suspect BB is a hipster type where only vinyl or medium wave is acceptable.
Fides invicta triumphat

#29 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

What does have a soul?

Hubert Parry's setting of the  poem by Henry Vaughan 

My soul, there is a country 
Far beyond the stars, 
Where stands a winged sentry 
All skilful in the wars:

#30 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,158 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I would like to know how enjoying music is dependent upon the device that you choose to listen to it on. I suspect BB is a hipster type where only vinyl or medium wave is acceptable.

Just got back from walking m'dogs
Had my I phone plugged in and cranked up
Dustbowl by joe biamassa rocking out
Followed by Dylan's blood on the tracks
A Little Walter compilation
Followed by Sam And Dave's Greatest Hits

Seemed loud enough to me
Keeping it local

#31 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,158 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hubert Parry's setting of the poem by Henry Vaughan

My soul, there is a country
Far beyond the stars,
Where stands a winged sentry
All skilful in the wars:

Isn't that entitled 'Ode To A Nightclub Bouncer,?
Keeping it local

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Just Spotifying Cochran on my Kindle.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#33 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

well, I hope you've washed your hands!

#34 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just Spotifying Cochran on my Kindle.

I don't have a kimble either and suspect I never will feel the void in my life to desire such an object

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#35 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

oh, you will, you will..unless you are a fan of the Championship, contested scrums, striking at the PTB, 5 metre lines, unlimited PTBs etc

#36 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't have a kimble either and suspect I never will feel the void in my life to desire such an object

Just read some Balzac on it and then got a top score in pinball. If Sky Go worked on it I'd be in heaven.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

To be fair, I was hip in the 1970's.

Nowadays, well, I'm not. I'm glad that there is still, in every community, a new in crowd and that they are basking in it. Eventually, they too will stop taking themselves seriously. The embarrassment of their previous pretensions will be offset by the memories of the decent girls they copped off with and the conviction that most modern music is inferior to that of their era. Plus ca change; plus ca le meme chose.

Probably goes for 50% of the board members.

Still, once again, I enjoyed a good night out tonight with friends that can laugh at each other and themselves. Better than sitting in front of a computer. We all need a regular therapeutic break from that.

Tomorrow is another day.

Points-scoring is only of any value if you're trying to score them off people who think that it matters. To be fair, then it is real good fun.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#38 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

The first Count Basie piece I ever hear, in the mid 1950's was "The Kid From Red Bank" .  I don't even need to list to it on any hardware  to recall it in my mind. I can just play it through in my head whenever I want. No MP3, no CD, No phone,  just the thoughts.  Sure< I can play it  on hardware when I want as loud as I want, too but I don't have to do that to enjoy it. I suspect that others have similar experiences. 

#39 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,686 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

To be fair, I was hip in the 1970's.

Nowadays, well, I'm not. I'm glad that there is still, in every community, a new in crowd and that they are basking in it. Eventually, they too will stop taking themselves seriously. The embarrassment of their previous pretensions will be offset by the memories of the decent girls they copped off with and the conviction that most modern music is inferior to that of their era. Plus ca change; plus ca le meme chose.

Probably goes for 50% of the board members.

Still, once again, I enjoyed a good night out tonight with friends that can laugh at each other and themselves. Better than sitting in front of a computer. We all need a regular therapeutic break from that.

Tomorrow is another day.

Points-scoring is only of any value if you're trying to score them off people who think that it matters. To be fair, then it is real good fun.

Aye, each generation has their thing. My youth has passed and I don't begrudge the current crop for enjoying their time, even though its not for me.
Fides invicta triumphat

#40 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Aye, each generation has their thing. My youth has passed and I don't begrudge the current crop for enjoying their time, even though its not for me.

My youth has passed

:D  :D  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users