Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

eddie cochran

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Stop whingeing like a group of old men  - I think you all rise to bait too easily and are jumping on whatever OP says - sad really

Maybe he gets on your nerves, maybe you get on his - life is too short - whatever happened to witty banter to own someone and laugh about it ?

NB this is just an example. I see more and more of it all over the main forum too - opinions reached before someone even starts to type

and they say wimmin are the bitches  :tongue:  ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#42 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Stop whingeing like a group of old men  - I think you all rise to bait too easily and are jumping on whatever OP says - sad really

Maybe he gets on your nerves, maybe you get on his - life is too short - whatever happened to witty banter to own someone and laugh about it ?

NB this is just an example. I see more and more of it all over the main forum too - opinions reached before someone even starts to type

and they say wimmin are the bitches  :tongue:  ;)

...and your views on Eddie Cochran?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#43 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I've removed a few of the comments in here which had veered away from the thread subject and into personal territory.

For the millionth time, please stay on topic, and do not be drawn into making personal comments about other posters whose opinions you do not share.

Thank you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

eddie cochrane was responsible for three classic popular songs of the 1950s

his performances on those songs ranged from the unsaurpassable to the mundane

summer time blues arguably his best nobody did a better version: especially the Who who's rendition was overblown. Cochran's sparse production and understaded performance caught the essence of the song perfectly

C'mon Everybody was another great song, but Cochran's performance lacked the exuberance and tocking out nature of Humble Pie's far superior version.

Somethin' Else another beauty but performed much better by The Move.

Then there was the soppy trite  three steps to heaven

the novelty cut across shorty

the unintentionally funny mean when I'm mad.

As a singer Cochrane lacked the edge of Gene Vincent and the rest, including the ersatz Elvis Presley

I've been in bands that have performed Cochrane numbers so I'm not going to be disrespectable to him, and he does deserve recognition for those three classics.

but he doesn't merit the hagiography that the original poster gives him.

IMHO naturally

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users