Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

... and Campbell makes three!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

The club have announced that full-back/winger Johnny Campbell has become the third member of the current squad to sign up for the 2014 campaign.

With recruitment for next season well underway, JC is the latest Bulldog to commit to the club for next season. In his fifth year at the club, the multi-skilled Campbell has been a valuable member of our much-vaunted three-quarter line in 2013 and his capture for next season will be regarded as a significant milestone in John Kear's recruitment campaign.

#2 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

great news keep it coming , been one of best performers all season

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Player of The Year for me by some way. Always looks absolutely distraught when we lose too, which is demonstrative of the loyalty he has shown to the club.

Posted Image

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Player of The Year for me by some way. Always looks absolutely distraught when we lose too, which is demonstrative of the loyalty he has shown to the club.

This!

#5 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

A very pleasing announcement & agree with all the above. Always gives 100% & that's all we can ask for
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#6 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

I completely agree. For me Johnny has been standout. Seems really committed to the cause and there ain't many recently we can say that. Well done JC

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Great news and a great player. Johnny could attain legendary status at the dogs aka Maun & Lindsey

Edited by Piggy's mate, 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've seen some teams at The Mount during my time, some good,some bad some neither one thing or the other, but what I have always found is heart and pride, which seems to have disappeared a wee bit over this last 2 months, except in people such as Johnny and Danny and Ash, players who play for the love of this club, not for the riches they could earn elsewhere. If we could end up with 20 players with that same attitude, fans wouldn't always care if the team was winning, we would always know that they've tried their best for the club. I've had a few digs in the past, as I believe fans have the right to,but I will stand wholeheartedly behind anyone who comes off the field knowing that in that 80 minutes he couldn't have done more. Well done so far to the board and John Kear, who also deserves respect for his keeping his own counsel throughout this period of uncertainty and drop in performance levels. Other coaches might have come out and berated players, or the board and thrown tantrums, but he has kept everything in the dressing room where it belongs.I haven't always agreed with his selections and use or non-use of certain players but he's in charge and deserves credit.

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Player of the year for me. Excellent news.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Agree with all, wants the ball and shows the desire that we all want from our team.

The board are spoiling us though, all the better performers this year are up first,

I am not ITK, but Greg Johnson is the only one left now that I will be disappointed if we don't retain.

The back 3 always give me hope, when we are struggling, and Blacky should be the captain of the ship, if he believed more. I just wish he gets a young energetic fast number 7 to work with....

Credit to the other loyal lads, Mauny and ash especially, but consistency for me is the main thing in this league.

#11 dog80

dog80
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Great ash lindsey and maun next hopefully

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

To echo the above Campbell is also my player of the year this season. Always gives his all and I'm delighted we have retained him for another season.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Great ash lindsey and maun next hopefully

Both been stalwarts down the years but I think 2014 would be a season too far for them.

Posted Image

#14 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

yep.jc sure bleeds batley and likes been said he sure looks as pis*** off when we lose as us fans. would be happy to see him player of the year too, but for 100% effort every game even unoticed sometimes with his workrate is BAZ all day long. talk of players going to fev.salford,cas,dews ect i would have thought baz were head hunted too,

#15 nedryan

nedryan
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Agree with all, wants the ball and shows the desire that we all want from our team.

The board are spoiling us though, all the better performers this year are up first,

I am not ITK, but Greg Johnson is the only one left now that I will be disappointed if we don't retain.

The back 3 always give me hope, when we are struggling, and Blacky should be the captain of the ship, if he believed more. I just wish he gets a young energetic fast number 7 to work with....

Credit to the other loyal lads, Mauny and ash especially, but consistency for me is the main thing in this league.

Greg Johnson is going to Salford