Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TotalRL charity Rugby League match

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

So I was thinking the other day, after reading the Mighty Penguins thread (gooooo Penguins) whether anyone had thought of staging a rugby league match / tournament involving members of the site? I wondered what peoples thoughts were and if anything like this had ever happened before

Just for the record I would have to sit the match out as i've never actually played rugby but would be happy to be in charge of the bucket, sponge and half time oranges (or pies etc) :)

#2 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

if it was played under masters rules .. would be interested

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Same here.......but age means modified rules.
Its 20 years since my last game of rugby (union) and 25 since the last proper rugby run-out.
It'd be a good social day.
I'd suggest a comp of touch rugby (so some of the ladies on the forum can be more involved) and normal rugby based on masters rules.......depending on how many were interested of course.

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm 19, can I play? :D

It's time to park the camels.

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've still got my (over the ankle) rugby boots!!

:biggrin:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm 19, can I play? :D

Have to have some sort of handicap for under 30s. I suggest that those of us over 40 get issued with tazers to help us catch the younger ones.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Have to have some sort of handicap for under 30s. I suggest that those of us over 40 get issued with tazers to help us catch the younger ones.

I think us over 50s should be allowed to use one of these if young'uns are playing:

i2_white_high.jpg

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

I think this is how the Penguins came about, there was certainly a whole team (sheet) created on the forum. I think redditchbulldog was full-back. But that must be pushing 8-9 years ago; a new generation, new blood, same cheating Pies. :lol:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

TotalRL vs RLFans at a Morrisons car park would be good, it would mean easy access to Pies and Cornettos. Steve Ganson to video ref from the roof of a trolly park and we could use "Leeds rules" and allow forward passes in the last 10 minutes when were all knackered ;)

#10 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Cross code challenge against scrum.com?
I'd find my loyalties divided though. Maybe I could be rubbish at union for one half and rubbish at league for the other
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#11 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,121 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'd play if I could have a powered wheelchair or a mini-excavator.  If we had crosscode it would be useful in the scrums.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users