Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Belated Thanks Boys!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

A belated thank you from me to the Knights players for the total effort and commitment every one of them displayed at Halifax last Sunday. It certainly made the effort and expense of going to the match well worth while. What always puzzles me is how players can go in or out of form from one week to another. Maybe it's something to do with players sometimes playing whilst carrying injuries or some kind of bug or something but how a team can go from playing so poorly against Whitehaven and then so well just a week later is a total mystery to me and I suppose differences in performance such as that always will be just that, one of lifes mysteries. I suppose that's why there will always be bookmakers!

One thing Sunday's game did prove is how the pack's performance governs how the backs play. It was a good example of the forwards laying the foundation for the half backs and the threequarters to shine a bit. That might sound like I'm stating the obvious but what it showed to me was it's a waste of time picking faults with the backs in a match if the pack aren't doing their job in the first place and on Sunday the pack were tremendous! Thanks again lads.

#2 David

David
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hear Hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users