League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Summer/Winter Poll

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Summer v Winter Debate (49 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your position and what are your preferences?

1. Player or Coach - 'Summer Only' would not play in winter/traditional season (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

2. Player or Coach- 'Winter Only' Would not play in summer season (3 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

3. Player or Coach - Prefer 'Summer' but would play whatever (7 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Player or Coach - Prefer 'Winter' but would play whatever (7 votes [14.29%] - View)

5. Club Administrator - 'Summer Only' (3 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

6. Club Administrator - 'Winter Only' (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Club Administrator - Prefer 'Summer' but would be involved whatever (6 votes [12.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

8. Club Administrator - Prefer 'Winter' but would be involved whatever (4 votes [8.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

9. Spectator - 'Summer Only' (1 votes [2.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

10. Spectator - 'Winter Only' (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Spectator - Prefer 'Summer' but would watch whatever (7 votes [14.29%] - View)

12. Spectator - Prefer 'Winter' but would watch whatever (4 votes [8.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

13. Player or Coach - Completely Indifferent (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Club Administrator - Completely Indifferent (1 votes [2.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

15. Spectator - Completely Indifferent (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

16. Other - Please State Below (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Can't really be bothered posting on here any more because of the constant hijacking and twisting of topics.

However I have been reading comments about doing a poll, but it cannot be just as simple as what do you prefer as there are many different groups and many possible answers, I have tried to cover them as much as possible within the options given (only allowed 20 per question) and it should give a decent indication of what groups prefer what as well as the overall preference. I have made the votes public to avoid rigging. I'm not going to comment any more on this thread and quite probably on the forum for the foreseeable but will take and interest in how the voting goes.

Edited by thestatman, 31 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#2 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

It won't be very long before this forum's only contributors are a handful of Winter Warriors.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#3 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

my personal preference as always been for winter, my club Wigan St.Pats voted by a large majority for summer, because of family commitments i thought i would have to wrap up with the switch to summer, but a change in circumstances allowed me to carry on, if health and family circumstances allow i will try to keep an involvement whichever season we play.

#4 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

A lot of admin people only remain involved due to loyalty to fellow members and old friends at there club. That certainly is the case for me.

#5 Black Junior

Black Junior
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Can't really be bothered posting on here any more because of the constant hijacking and twisting of topics.

However I have been reading comments about doing a poll, but it cannot be just as simple as what do you prefer as there are many different groups and many possible answers, I have tried to cover them as much as possible within the options given (only allowed 20 per question) and it should give a decent indication of what groups prefer what as well as the overall preference. I have made the votes public to avoid rigging. I'm not going to comment any more on this thread and quite probably on the forum for the foreseeable but will take and interest in how the voting goes.

Totally agree Stato - as a casual forum observer I pick and choose which topics I read now (basicly anything Marauder posts in)

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

So it looks like a landslide victory for the winter brigade :no:

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

It certainly isn't 86% in favour of summer like the RFL are claiming,

I would sooner be in the winter brigade with 120 year trial under its belt than a summer deluded brigade which is crumbling after 2 years

I'm glad I'm not very well educated and I live a simple life, I just can't figure out when fewer players are playing each week, people still think summer is a good idea!

Can you help me out deluded Pom and help me understand the benefit of the change again?

Personally, I would think it matters what the players want, but perhaps the bar takings, the BBQ , the bouncy castle are more important after all,

O yes I almost forgot, the great big pot of money the RFL want from sport England, silly me,,

#8 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

You were the one bleating on other threads about not having a poll. Well we have a poll and it's not the landslide some were claiming it was going to be.

rldfsignature.jpg

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

You were the one bleating on other threads about not having a poll. Well we have a poll and it's not the landslide some were claiming it was going to be.

Like the RFL 86% POLL. Not many regional winter warriors actually post on Total RL & The one's that do only get one vote anyway.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#10 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

According to the poll, two posters on here will be lost to the game if it stays summer.and four posters would be lost if the game went back to winter, the rest will carry on whinging whenever it is played. :biggrin:

• SG6 likes this
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#11 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Like the RFL 86% POLL. Not many regional winter warriors actually post on Total RL & The one's that do only get one vote anyway.

I'm sure every advocate for the summer game posts on here and get two votes each.

rldfsignature.jpg

#12 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Who and where did someone state it was going to be a landslide victory apart from the RFL stating 86% prefer summer,

So fare the summer deluded brigade have got egg on there face by not getting the majority they are claiming, 86%

I notice you have picked up a habit from del capo by dodging questions, if fewer players are taking part how can summer rugby be the future? Don't be Embarrassed if you can't answer know one els can answer either.

Edited by sbull, 02 August 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'm not claiming summer rugby is the future but as far as the poll currently shows it is the preferred option.

Edited by deluded pom?, 01 August 2013 - 09:10 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm not claiming summer rugby is the future but as far as the poll currently shows it is the preferred option.

The people that matter the most, players and coaches you will find is a dead heat 6 each,

My opinions are based on players, and it is clear they have voted with there feet going of the drop in player participation, so if you are claiming summer is not the future, you agree with me then, although you personally prefer summer as a supporter, for the greater good of the game and the benefit of the majority of payers we should play winter then, Welcome to the summer brigade.

#15 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

You wasted your time working out all the possible people who may have an interest in summer/winter rugby statto because bully only wants players' and coaches' opinions, the rest of the people who bothered to vote don't matter. Ah we'll, that's democracy for you.

rldfsignature.jpg

#16 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

You wasted your time working out all the possible people who may have an interest in summer/winter rugby statto because bully only wants players' and coaches' opinions, the rest of the people who bothered to vote don't matter. Ah we'll, that's democracy for you.

I'm interested in all views but can you deny that it's the players who matter most? What you going to watch if no players turn up, The chef on the BBQ or the kids on the bouncy castle,

He hasn't wasted his time, I appreciate the poll

#17 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Crowds are crowds, revenue is revenue, it's ok saying players want summer, but if you want a nationwide elitist league, it must be afforded, and clearly summer is not attracting either. But in a dictatorship, you have no choice,. The kings new clothes spring to mind.
I am quite sure it will gradually return to winter, but what will be left, for the faithful, to pick up.

#18 Dessie O'Hare

Dessie O'Hare
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

but if you want a nationwide elitist league, it must be afforded, and clearly summer is not attracting either.

I'm guessing you're a diddly donk, from a pub team in the pennine league, who is probably high up in the BARLA food chain, despite harbouring a great deal of antipathy towards fellow RL enthusiasts.
At some point, the secret army of one agenda trolls, will be dealt with on here.
Until then, onwards and downwards.
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm sure every advocate for the summer game posts on here and get two votes each.

It was actually a sarcastic dig at the community board :tongue:

#20 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm guessing you're a diddly donk, from a pub team in the pennine league, who is probably high up in the BARLA food chain, despite harbouring a great deal of antipathy towards fellow RL enthusiasts.
At some point, the secret army of one agenda trolls, will be dealt with on here.
Until then, onwards and downwards.

Seems the way summer rugby is going (Guess the starting 13 is a new money making racket in the summer)

Definitely no dislike to any summer enthusiasts or any person in particular, in fact I can't name anyone I actually hate. 

Edited by Marauder, 02 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users