Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Man of steel for 2013?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Who is the tip to take out the prize?

Surely Danny Brough would be the favourite at this stage?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yup, agree, quite a way out in front....liam Farrell can't be far behind though

#3 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

True. Farrell has been awesome. Tomkins will obviously also factor, though he has missed quite a few games due to injury, so that may count against him though. Positive stuff to see some great English talent shining again in the league
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

True. Farrell has been awesome. Tomkins will obviously also factor, though he has missed quite a few games due to injury, so that may count against him though. Positive stuff to see some great English talent shining again in the league

What English talent? The favourite to win the award is Scottish.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Not sure why Farrell is still up there. He got a lot of publicity early on due to not missing tackles yet hes missed some since. I'd gi for a few above him.

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Farrell? Really?

Oh please. He's a lightweight second row in a
Very very good side.

He's as "steely" as Kevin Brown and miles behind his team mates Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Tomkins and the winger with the tiny chopper to name but three at his own club!!

#7 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Charnley??

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#8 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Brough, farrell, tomkins ferris, charnley betwen them for me but longnway to go yet and a few big performances in important games cud swing it anyway

#9 Rabbitoh24

Rabbitoh24
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

It's Sean O'Loughlin for me at this moment in time. From a supposed 'lower' club, Danny Kirmond would run him close with the season he's had. From us, Danny Houghton would be our stand-out, although he's probably going to win the Hitman award.

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

If O'Loughlin carries his current form through the next two months, then no-one else should get close.

Cue the usual huge clamour for Ben Westwood & Saint Kev.

Given that this comes from a Leigh fan the. I think we can all see that this post is completely objective.

Kevin Sinfield's second greatest talent after his goal kicking has been his ability to not get injured, thus providing Leeds with an enormous level of stability in the organisation department. This year however he's had a fair amount it time out, so disciples like Martyn Sadler will cite that for him not winning.

Danny Kirmond remains unnoticed by our England coach.

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Brough, Lockers or Sam from what I've seen. A lot of the big games are yet to be played. Be interesting to see how Brough goes a week on Friday, after disappearing against the Wire in their cup capitulation.
Farrell has had a great year, and would be a worthy winner. I wouldn't pick him for England, though.

#12 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

I don't think Charnley should be in with a shout. Wingers never win this award......hang on. Lol, Richards winning the award a few years ago was one of he biggest jokes in RL history. May it never be repeated,

O'Loughlin would definitely be in with a shot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Kirmond for me, me consistent this season, although the fact he's playing for wakey might go against him

#14 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

If his form holds, and he can avoid injury in the next month or two then O'Loughlin for me. However I think both Danny Kirmond and Danny Houghton should be in with a shout. Both, IMO, have all the necessary attributes of a MOS.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#15 TheAbster

TheAbster
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

What about good ol' Peacock ay?

#16 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

What about good ol' Peacock ay?

He just won't go away will he?

Kirmond all day long for me. Some heroic efforts in a mid table team where his mates don't make him look good

#17 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Charnley??

knob
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#18 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

has to be danny brough with danny houghton running him close.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#19 TheAbster

TheAbster
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

knob

I was looking at league freaks quotes on his website and some of them were about having arguments with you on these forums

Just wondering if it is you?

#20 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

I was looking at league freaks quotes on his website and some of them were about having arguments with you on these forums

Just wondering if it is you?

it was a joke about charnleys post on twitter of a photo of his knob........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users