Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Long joins Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Featherstone Rovers have announced that former Great Britain star and three times Lance Todd Trophy winner Sean Long has joined the club as Football Manager with immediate effect until the end of the 2013.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Blimey!

#3 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Football Manager? ? ?

I can certainly see the merit in him being on the coaching staff but I would never have him down for any kind of Management role.

#4 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Football Manager? ? ?

I can certainly see the merit in him being on the coaching staff but I would never have him down for any kind of Management role.

Technically we have a coach, albeit an interim one, so no 'coaching' vacancy exists. However as the coach does not appear to be currently attending matches and presumably this extends to non attendance of training there is a fair chance that Mr Long's Football Manager duties will be not dissimilar to those of a coach.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,075 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Didn't see that coming!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Technically we have a coach, albeit an interim one, so no 'coaching' vacancy exists. However as the coach does not appear to be currently attending matches and presumably this extends to non attendance of training there is a fair chance that Mr Long's Football Manager duties will be not dissimilar to those of a coach.

Nonsense !

Workington have got two coaches. Why can't Feisalstone Rovers have two ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nonsense !

Workington have got two coaches. Why can't Feisalstone Rovers have two ?

Rumour has it we tried the 2 coaches approach last week, think we are still evaluating its success!! :ph34r:

#8 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Didn't see that coming!

I did, it was on Twitter yesterday. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#9 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Football manager = backs coach perhaps?

Edited by chuffer, 01 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Well, that's a long shot.

#11 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

From what I've heard he was joining us next season as bastions assistant any way

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

From what I've heard he was joining us next season as bastions assistant any way

Assistant ? Au contraire - he appears to be his boss ! (Or, at least, his line manager.)
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#13 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

are you been serious when you say your coach doesn't attend matches etc?

#14 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

are you been serious when you say your coach doesn't attend matches etc?

Yes, but at least he's not racing cars up the motorway.

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'll give it six weeks till it all goes wrong and there is a parting of the ways.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Odd combination. A guy who's been a bit of a renegade and maverick throughout his career and an apparently megalomaniac chairman with an ego the size of Africa. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Posted Image

#17 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Odd combination. A guy who's been a bit of a renegade and maverick throughout his career and an apparently megalomaniac chairman with an ego the size of Africa. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Fits in with the very strange goings on at PO Rd over the past few weeks.............

#18 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'll give it six weeks till it all goes wrong and there is a parting of the ways.

Seaon'll be over by then.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#19 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Not a bad start. You obviously don't know Mark Campbell at all well judging by your assesment of him, I can assure you he's a top bloke with a vision for the club he loves. Longy might be all the things you say he is but he knows more than most what success is and how to achieve it. Looking forward immensely to the last few weeks of the season.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#20 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Featherstone Rovers have announced that former Great Britain star and three times Lance Todd Trophy winner Sean Long has joined the club as Football Manager with immediate effect until the end of the 2013.

Click here to view the article

Phew, that must be a relief to fans of other clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users