Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#41 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

we had a similar situation with mariano and wakey this year so welcome to the club

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Bizarre , how can that be ? You get someone on a seasons loan for stability . Come on Salford you've enough players , you loan a player out do the decent thing .

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

See , that's the kind of thing that winds me and other people up , Star says Matty may return after his finger injury ... What finger injury ? Did anyone know this on Wednesday ? How often do we get this with our players , they're in they're out they go popping off and back again and often theres no communication at the time from the club about what's going on or where they are and why ?? You read the forum , you hear rumours , but often very little official info is forthcoming on developments confirming player situations . You have to piece bits together yourself . Injuries , non training , car troubles , stag do's , holidays , illnesses , loans or end of loans etc etc , be nice to be kept up to date .

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#44 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

I disagree, why should the club give away injury details half the time the papers get stick for inaccurate reporting and if someone has a shoulder injury is it wise to make the opposition aware of it? Check the other clubs in our league and the league below, do they give this info - no so why should we think we have the divine right to have it?! Too many people seem to forget we aren't a super league club anymore and a few seasons ago we weren't much better than some amateur clubs

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

You disagree that communication is often lacking in general terms ?? And I'm not worried about opposition , I'm worried about our own fans getting information . It's not just injuries as we well know .and if someone's not playing they can't be targeted ?

#46 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

They can in the following game though can they not? Yes I would say communication is lacking at times but different people want to know different things. Personally I couldn't care less about the ones who aren't playing as they can't have any impact although maybe a timescale as to when people are likely to be back would be a good thing. Then again if you say a player will be back in 2 weeks and it takes 3 then people would complain about that too. Damned if you, damned if you don't I suppose and all down to personal opinion

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ok

#48 away the brow

away the brow
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Players play regular with injuries and the last thing the players need is for the club to inform the opposition about these injuries through the media.

It would be totally irresponsible of the club because players carrying an injury would be targeted.

#49 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

What i think the team will be MILLER PADDY HULME CONNER CALDERWOOD CALLUM LUPTON COWARD MATTY DOWES BRETT SHACKLEY ROONEY FORBER ACTON THACKARY MORRIS ?

#50 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Don't think calderwood has been training has he?

#51 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Think mattys broke his fingers

#52 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Please not Calderwood, his positional play when the opposition have the ball and him trying to deal with a kick both high and low makes my eyes bleed.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#53 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Anyone know any team? Or does it depend who's taken off on holiday over the past 48 hours ?

#54 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Its not long till 3pm,you will find out then.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#55 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hope Calderwood is not in been terrible this seaon doesn't deserve he's spot on

#56 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hope Calderwood is not in been terrible this seaon doesn't deserve he's spot on

he has been poor since coming back from injury but before that he was in great form. against sheffield he was the best player on the pitch. short memories from some on here.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#57 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Your right Wonky from what i have seen of Hulme on the wing he as been no better.

#58 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Gonna have to keep errors to a minimum today and have a good kicking game needs to be like the Leigh game where we made them play off their own line most of the game. I have yo say its ridiculous having to play 3 games in 8 days especially against top 5 sides.

#59 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Luck of the draw. Had Sheffield beaten London in the quarters we'd have been playing a Sheffield side who had just been battered by Wigan.

#60 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

There plenty of players that deserve there place over calders

Edited by scott, 04 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users