Town v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#121 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

And about 10 years ... The Leigh game said quality and solidity , and we played confidently off that . You know what you're getting .

In the past 2 years how many games has he actually played? Can't dismiss carter for him I'm afraid - lots of rumours linking Brett with barrow BUT if they go down ?? Brett just needs to make rugby a priority again - he's good enough at his level

#122 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I hope for a derby in the playoffs to finish the season off

Sadly, if it came about I think it could be a non-event for the winners would be away to Batley in the next game and although we won there and Haven pushed them all the way I think Batley have got over their hiccup and it would be a game too far for both of us.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#123 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

You'd still like to get there to cap a good season . You may not win a game , you may win one , but getting into the playoffs is like winning a trophy and something to achieve and build on . Now we've stayed up its a next target to aim for . Give the players that extra motivation . And strange things happen in playoffs ... Oh yes , it is possible that ... Err no strike that !!

Edited by DavidM, 04 August 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#124 rugbyman

rugbyman
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Donny also have a game in hand v york at york from earlier in the season

Donny do have a game in hand, but this is a Donny home fixture not at York.

#125 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

cant see dewsbury winning another game. personally i couldnt care about the play offs. well be safe which means a job well done.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#126 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

It's an achievement to make the playoffs , I care . It's something to hang on your hat on in this tough league in year one , and it gives you the feel and the experience for next year . We've achieved our first goal , make another goal and go for it . Even one game is a taster to build on . Stay up and get a reward for you're efforts ?

Edited by DavidM, 04 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#127 popside andrew

popside andrew
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

I know its a little while after the match, but I've just got in!!

Three hard games in seven days took its tole today, we were knackerd at half time and playing a good side like fev you are always going to be punished. 

Good points, we never gave in, well done boys for giving100% (well most of you) 

Negative points, high balls????? shocking don't have to name names,three players in particular, shame on you.

Despite the score we (town fans in the popular side) stopped to clap our players off the field (massive effort over the last week), one player (in his testermonial year) just ran off the field?????????????? 

If I could have got a bet for us getting 3 points in the last three games, I would have snapped it up! well done Town proud of you.

#128 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Wow now now boys remember last week when u couldnt help but give us grief on our site over the fact u won us . Oh dear oh dear how u now that u lost we won u tell us we must be on drugs wow thats a laugh isnt it .lol

#129 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sorry must post this wont be bothering u again . So y oh y would u have a name like haven haters surly the holiday camps arnt that bad are they lol

#130 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

' u won us ' ... Deary me .

#131 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wow now now boys remember last week when u couldnt help but give us grief on our site over the fact u won us . Oh dear oh dear how u now that u lost we won u tell us we must be on drugs wow thats a laugh isnt it .lol

I think I understand that post but it wasn't easy reading it. Problem last week was the sore losers on the batley forum after our win. We were well beaten by a better side today but we hold our hands up and accept it and wish fev well for the rest of the season.

#132 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Sgreed totaly but u must understand wasnt directed at ur side just our lack of intrest our side was showing over the last 5fixtures . I can only apolgise if our disgust with our sides lack of intrest or infusiasum took the shine off a great team effort on ur be half we were poor but u turned up and kept going all match . And imho yes u deserved the win but on the last try u scored y was it that no back made any effort to try and catch ur man espacilly up hill. Not sour grapes honstley but if other wayround wouldnt u want to ask y .

#133 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Jesus, we need some kind of translator on here. I can't understand a word you have written.

Edited by dkw, 04 August 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#134 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Can tell ur not got greyhounds or flatcaps up thetre lol

#135 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Can tell ur not got greyhounds or flatcaps up thetre lol

No we cant interpret retard speak

#136 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Ha what a clown I mean I don't even think the enemy down the road felt as bad about this then this batley guy, I mean when we won there there was silence, had this guy left his keyboard in the car!! Keyboard warriorisium isn't gonna get you a win, we did that last week check the DVD on sale, what a berk

#137 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Bad day at the office yesterday, considering the week we had and players missing we shouldn't be surprised at the result. It was unfortunate that we were up against a Fev side on top of their game trying to impress the new coach, they took us to the cleaners let's move on and hope the lads get a good week to recover and get some players back for Hunslet.

UP THE TOWN

#138 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Fev played some good rugby. The only thing that bugged me was their hookers constant arm waving and complaining to the ref at every PTB. Yes he just wanted to PTB quickly but a cheeky bit of lying on is rife in this league but he wanted tacklers off instantly. Good player though.

#139 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Fev played some good rugby. The only thing that bugged me was their hookers constant arm waving and complaining to the ref at every PTB. Yes he just wanted to PTB quickly but a cheeky bit of lying on is rife in this league but he wanted tacklers off instantly. Good player though.

You can't blame them though as that's how we play fast flowing RL. Most teams in this league try every week to slow us down and niggle in the tackle. So you can't blame them if it happens most weeks to get a bit frustrated from time to time.

#140 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

You can't blame them though as that's how we play fast flowing RL. Most teams in this league try every week to slow us down and niggle in the tackle. So you can't blame them if it happens most weeks to get a bit frustrated from time to time.

all teams do it in this league gaz. He looks a very good player but he cant expect tacklers off in a split second it just doesnt happen no matter how fast he wanted to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users