Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#141 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Charlo says some players shouldn't have played as they were sore .... I won't make the obvious point regarding the use of DR? I do think we should have Declan in the centres every week from now on . He never stopped giving everything , hitting and jamming up in defence and running it in with gusto in attack . Must stick with him there in a spot where we are devoid of anything .

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#142 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

You can't blame them though as that's how we play fast flowing RL. Most teams in this league try every week to slow us down and niggle in the tackle. So you can't blame them if it happens most weeks to get a bit frustrated from time to time.

Gaz, your team and Halifax are the masters of slowing down the play the ball for the opposition so you have to expect some back from other teams, you can't have it all your own way. I didn't mind it yesterday as it was taking up time to help keep the score down, lol.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#143 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Assuming they were made available

#144 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yes

#145 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Assuming they were made available

If they weren't then the system isn't worth the bother. And what is the point of loanees if they can be recalled at any time, as happened with Jordan Walne, when we needed him most this past week?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#146 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Gaz, your team and Halifax are the masters of slowing down the play the ball for the opposition so you have to expect some back from other teams, you can't have it all your own way. I didn't mind it yesterday as it was taking up time to help keep the score down, lol.

Lol Keith. But to be fair we were masters at it but that was DPs doing as that was his game plan against the better sides but since he has gone I don't think we implement that anymore. Sheridan didn't seem to keep it installed and longy definately didn't yesterday. But yes I agree with you as we did do it under DP. Under him we played the game on the edge hence why we kept getting penalised alot under DP.

#147 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Big game for us next week . Yes we've played top teams but you want to right the ship now , and you definitely don't want no points from three at this stage .

#148 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Anyone know what the Half-time draw number was I missed seeing Michael go round with his board!!!

#149 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

The dr system does,ent seem to have worked very well for us just when we could do with a few i think the last 2 weeks we were just offered paddy and hulme, 

#150 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

The dr system does,ent seem to have worked very well for us just when we could do with a few i think the last 2 weeks we were just offered paddy and hulme,

Yes it would have been nice to have a few more in that last three fixtures but obviously widnes have to look after themselves first and given some of their recent results its all hands to the pump at the halton stadium.

#151 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Exactly. You can hardly blame them for looking after themselves. St Helen's did the same to haven and look what happened. They certainly found their level and the ability of their squad without dual reg at the weekend.

#152 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Exactly. You can hardly blame them for looking after themselves. St Helen's did the same to haven and look what happened. They certainly found their level and the ability of their squad without dual reg at the weekend.

yes I agree they are totally different without DR. They have played dews and donny recently without DR. They struggled to beat dews at home and got thumped at donny. Cue H4E to counter that with doctored figures.

Edited by town4me, 05 August 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#153 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Let's not get like the Haven forum where every thread ends up talking about us!!!

#154 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Without doubt fev are the best team to visit DP this season and I think they would be worthy of winning the league.

#155 Okesene

Okesene
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Anyone know what the Half-time draw number was I missed seeing Michael go round with his board!!!

63736 or something very similar I think

#156 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

cant argue with that ,quality team

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#157 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Excellent all round team , but made to look even better by playing a shot team . That wasnt us out there , we don't lose 60 at home whoever comes here nowadays . Very fatigued and one to put no store in from our perspective .

#158 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Cant argue with that either David.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#159 bs77

bs77
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

How many players have the top 4 teams got on dual reg this season????

#160 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

How many players have the top 4 teams got on dual reg this season????

Fev have had two or three on loan from SL clubs. Leigh have had some DR players and loanees from Wigan. Not sure about Sheffield and Halifax but Batley have had several DR's and loanees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users