Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Fev have had two or three on loan from SL clubs. Leigh have had some DR players and loanees from Wigan. Not sure about Sheffield and Halifax but Batley have had several DR's and loanees.

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.Also theirs barrow too but you were talking about the top end of the league.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 August 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#162 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know where Sheffield get their funding as they don't get gates anywhere near those of Fev, Fax and Leigh

Edited by GeordieTownie, 06 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#163 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.

and barrow.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#164 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Does anyone know where Sheffield get their finding as they don't get gates anywhere near those of Fev, Fax and Leigh

We have asked that question plenty of times ourselves lol. They must have a chairman with deep pockets or they are just finding very good cheap talent.As a few of their team are islanders so very good finds I guess but why they stay their I do not know maybe loyalty.SL clubs came in for QLT not long ago I think and he turned them down to stay at the eagles.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#165 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

And ended up on his backside lol

#166 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

True it was a beauty too lol. But he is the best full back in the league.

#167 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

DR is bad but SL clubs loaning players to other SL clubs is an even bigger shambles .... All those boxes ticked in the licensing system , all those teams and age groups and they need to borrow their opponents talent ??? And as they're doing it they likely have their own players out somewhere at other clubs !!!!

Edited by DavidM, 06 August 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#168 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Twice!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#169 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

DR is bad but SL clubs loaning players to other SL clubs is an even bigger shambles .... All those boxes ticked in the licensing system , all those teams and age groups and they need to borrow their opponents talent ??? And as they're doing it they likely have their own players out somewhere at other clubs !!!!

I don't mind the DR system if I'm honest as long as its used properly not like swinton etc. as I see it as keeping them clubs afloat I dread to see what state some clubs will be in next season when its gone.

#170 bs77

bs77
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

We have 3 on loan 2 from SL clubs and 1 from fax. We had to do it though as DP made some blunders with who he signed on as they are either not good enough or not good enough just yet. Also we have lost a few players through injury especially our best forward. I doubt it will happen next season though. Leigh have DR players from Wigan. Batley have DR players from Huddersfield. Fax and Sheffield do not have any as far as I know. So that makes Fev. Fax and the eagles the only teams in the champ that don't use the DR system.Also theirs barrow too but you were talking about the top end of the league.

i just think its a ridiculous system. Not knowing who can play till later in week. Lads getting left out. How can you get a consistant side and some stability when you never know whos going to playing and in what posistion

#171 bs77

bs77
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I don't mind the DR system if I'm honest as long as its used properly not like swinton etc. as I see it as keeping them clubs afloat I dread to see what state some clubs will be in next season when its gone.

surely it shouldnt be a means to keeping a club afloat though.

#172 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

It was introduced to reduce costs of the SL clubs meaning they didn't have to run extra teams but has become shambolic as it wasn't properly thought through before it was introduced.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 06 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users