"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Can't wait to see him flapping around in confusion without his video referee. This should be fun.

Posted Image

#4 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

That`s one thing it won`t be!!

#5 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Christ it just gets worse clueless lawton to thierry clueso all we need now is jamie i hate batley leathey for are playoffs sorry for being negstive but when we played london was totaly inempt just like kline when he started out rfl officals are total disgrace . Instead of sorting leauges out sort the officals out that would help everyone .

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Christ it just gets worse clueless lawton to thierry clueso all we need now is jamie i hate batley leathey for are playoffs sorry for being negstive but when we played london was totaly inempt just like kline when he started out rfl officals are total disgrace . Instead of sorting leauges out sort the officals out that would help everyone .

It's best to get your excuses in early isn't it?

Refereeing standards haven't got worse over the years, despite what some people think. Their idiosyncrasies have always been a part of TGG.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Their idiosyncrasies have always been a part of TGG.

At it again with the big words BSJ, trying to catch us out in Batley with your clever talk! Well it won't work and Whatever was wrong with "The Great Gatsby" us folk in batley have been jabbed against Idiosynrasies so we'll be OK :bad:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Sorry but thats rubbish u watch the nrl and its so more consistant and clear interpertations of the rules. As in our leauges is totaly incosistant week in week out or even desion to decsion so totaly disagree these people get paid to do there job if i was so incosistant week in week out i wouldnt have a job . If you complain to the powers that be they dont give u time of day or give u a even more inconsistant ref . My point is if u cant get the officals right how can u run the leagues . I have been putting up with this for 21 years now and in that time it asnt got better .

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sorry but thats rubbish u watch the nrl and its so more consistant and clear interpertations of the rules. As in our leauges is totaly incosistant week in week out or even desion to decsion so totaly disagree these people get paid to do there job if i was so incosistant week in week out i wouldnt have a job . If you complain to the powers that be they dont give u time of day or give u a even more inconsistant ref . My point is if u cant get the officals right how can u run the leagues . I have been putting up with this for 21 years now and in that time it asnt got better .

Come off it, you're seriously comparing refereeing standards in the NRL to the part-time Championship?? Granted, some referees are better than others, but in 99.9% of games its the players - not the referee, who have the most influence on results. We can't blame a single loss this season on a refereeing performance. As I've said before, if you leave a game feeling enraged at the 'injustice' your side has been done by an official, try giving the DVD a viewing. Its amazing how much they actually get right, and how much your judgement is clouded by terrace fever during a game.

Posted Image

#10 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Maybe but not just champipnship refs but super league refs as well the standard across the game is poor . The rfl put time and money to improve kline and he up and went to the nrl . Making rfl a laughing stock we improve them then they go to nrl .

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Maybe but not just champipnship refs but super league refs as well the standard across the game is poor . The rfl put time and money to improve kline and he up and went to the nrl . Making rfl a laughing stock we improve them then they go to nrl .

So one referee (Australian-born at that) leaves to join the NRL and the RFL are suddenly a laughing stock? The RFL ARE a laughing stock, but not because Ashley Klein decided to return to his native country. I've seen around 50-odd SL games these season, and only the Ganson howler at Magic Weekend stands out as a decision that negatively affected a result. I just can't see where you're coming from, and what you're basing your argument on?

Posted Image

#12 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Its fustration of having poor officals that dont let the game flow like it should imo thats all. Also having seen with own eyes the refs officiater watching the ref performance only to be our ref week after who i did approach to explain to me how the ref could make a decsion so blatley wrong that he couldnt answer me . Then while refing us the week after picked up on everything the ref previosly missed week before ie play of the ball but wasny consistant for both sides imho him watching us the week before made him more biast with knowing what to watch out for with us .but not the other side which gave them a advantage .

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Its fustration of having poor officals that dont let the game flow like it should imo thats all. Also having seen with own eyes the refs officiater watching the ref performance only to be our ref week after who i did approach to explain to me how the ref could make a decsion so blatley wrong that he couldnt answer me . Then while refing us the week after picked up on everything the ref previosly missed week before ie play of the ball but wasny consistant for both sides imho him watching us the week before made him more biast with knowing what to watch out for with us .but not the other side which gave them a advantage .

I'm sorry but this anti ref stuff is nonsense. Ref's really are no worse than previously, and to blame them before the match has even been played is clearly ridiculous. I can accept that it's part of the fun to have a go if your team lose, but within reason. If all supporters are to believed, there is a secret cabal of referees who get together and decide that they are going to stop certain teams from winning. It's amazing to me that when I watch Batley the ref seems totally against us, but when I watch the DVD they are invariably right.

#14 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

This maybe so but y give us thierry cluso after having lawton for two matches back to back i also recall a time batley complained to the rfl about the previos weeks ref only to get a super league ref only to be totaly penilised out the gsme true they might have beem genuine penaltys but only one way ??? So imo batley have maybe complained to the rfl only to be given some one who could make amature refs look good . Not ref bashing just pointing out what i believe is what is wrong with the game.

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

But you are ref bashing.

#16 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

This maybe so but y give us thierry cluso after having lawton for two matches back to back i also recall a time batley complained to the rfl about the previos weeks ref only to get a super league ref only to be totaly penilised out the gsme true they might have beem genuine penaltys but only one way ??? So imo batley have maybe complained to the rfl only to be given some one who could make amature refs look good . Not ref bashing just pointing out what i believe is what is wrong with the game.

Sounds like ref bashing to me.

You must be the old guy who sits in the long stand side, just sits there and abuses the referee all game.

Refereeing isnt great, but be fair, Ronnie LAUGHTON didnt lose us either of the last two games.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#17 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Old guy lol not yet and may sound it but just trying to put my point across and and no thats not me your on about lol

#18 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Well ok maybe i am i supose lol but hey it better than player bashing for achange lol

#19 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Having watched RL since 1961, I can tell you that refereeing standards ARE poor, and remember those refs had to ref the whole game and give decisions in an instant and they were respected for it. And before anybody else says it, this isn't getting excuses in before the game- Alibert is poor, we had him in the London cup game 2 seasons ago and he was terrible. There were other referees in attendance at that match, no names, no pack drill, who couldn't believe the way he performed, and he definitely didn't want to be the man in the middle when a championship club put a SL side on its' backside. However, I can imagine that all SL refs would always look out for the SL sides in an inter division game, as they have to ref SL the week after and couldn't take the flak. So, I can say with conviction that on Sunday that neither side can expect a scintillating performance from the ref.

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Having watched RL since 1961, I can tell you that refereeing standards ARE poor, and remember those refs had to ref the whole game and give decisions in an instant and they were respected for it. And before anybody else says it, this isn't getting excuses in before the game- Alibert is poor, we had him in the London cup game 2 seasons ago and he was terrible. There were other referees in attendance at that match, no names, no pack drill, who couldn't believe the way he performed, and he definitely didn't want to be the man in the middle when a championship club put a SL side on its' backside. However, I can imagine that all SL refs would always look out for the SL sides in an inter division game, as they have to ref SL the week after and couldn't take the flak. So, I can say with conviction that on Sunday that neither side can expect a scintillating performance from the ref.

So just to be absolutely clear here, you are categorically saying that you believe that referees would cheat to ensure that a SL team would not lose to a Championship side?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users