Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What can we as fans do to promote the RLWC?

Any ideas?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just had confirmation via the Facebook page that they will be at freshers fairs in september
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#22 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

What about getting the student RL teams to carry info on their desks at freshers week? Hits the students before they have spent all their loans. Could the local clubs send a representative with a replica world cup trophy to each freshers week?

Excellent idea.  I have just used your Freshers Week idea and suggested our local RLWC2013 promotions team get along to Glyndwr University and Yale College in the town.

#23 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

I have been sharing the links on facebook when I've bought tickets. I've managed to get get the usual drivel responses from some friends who like to be bigotted about the game. That said, I have managed to get a group of 12 together for Cardiff and have sold 33 tickets so far for Wembley through that means and at Kings Lynn, RLFC. I've also advertised at work, which has promopted a couple of people to buy tickets.

I just noticed yesterday that they have opened up ticket discounts to the military so may email 'Soldier' magazine and see if they will advertise the competition.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users