Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I'm excited and looking forward to the World Cup

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

I can't wait. I have my tickets bought well in advance, I'm taking friends with me. I can't wait to see the best players in the world play in my country. I'm excited to see the burgess brothers, graham and the other exiles. I can't wait...it's the greatest sport, my fellow fans know this but for some reason some can't quite grasp how they can contribute. However I shall contain my excitement and enjoy the end to the SL season....before bursting out into god save the queen whilst reading my RL mag on the loo every morning leading up to the WC !

Postive replies only please.

#2 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

Can't wait either mate. Just seeing that Kane Linnett has committed to Scotland earlier got me excited on itself, to see what a team Steve McCormack is putting together for the scots.

All in all, very excited!

Edited by welshmagpie, 02 August 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#3 Mick Carroll

Mick Carroll
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Me too I can't wait I've got quite a lot if tickets purchased to group games and running a little trip to the final

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'm with Pie Tries. I can't wait! Am going to be spoilt for RL events this year, with Wembley and a probable OT visit to watch Wigan, then Millenium. Bristol, Limerick, Leeds, Wembley and OT. Should be bigger than big.

#5 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

My wife and I have tickets for all Wales Group games and the Final. I hope that the opening ceremony in Cardiff will be memorable. Looking forward to seeing James Graham (a great competitor) and the Burgess Brothers.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Not only am I getting excited, I even think we have a decent chance of winning it!

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Given how easily the burgesses have conquered the NRL, we have nothing to fear in the forwards. In the backs though the Aussies have some talent. We need our back 3 to play like they've never played before.

#8 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm with Pie Tries. I can't wait! Am going to be spoilt for RL events this year, with Wembley and a probable OT visit to watch Wigan, then Millenium. Bristol, Limerick, Leeds, Wembley and OT. Should be bigger than big.

Some would say that's greedy. 

I'd say, "Fair play to you."

#9 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Some would say that's greedy. 

I'd say, "Fair play to you."

Some would also say the OT comment is a bit arrogant.

rldfsignature.jpg

#10 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Given how easily the burgesses have conquered the NRL, we have nothing to fear in the forwards. In the backs though the Aussies have some talent. We need our back 3 to play like they've never played before.

Very true about our pack,wingers and centres fine,full back not a problem,just need stand off and scrum half to the business.Sounds easy doesn't it.
Seriously I think we've the best chance of winning a competition for a very long time,since it's over there's no excuses.
I know we heard it all before.

#11 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Some would also say the OT comment is a bit arrogant.

He did prefix it with 'probable', although I would suggest 'possible' would be more appropriate at this stage.

#12 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Come on England!!!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#13 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Really looking forward to it, git tickets to both games at derwent park and will hopefully get to one of the semis. Really looking forward to seeing Tonga, got a feeling they have a decent chance of getting to the final.

#14 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Very true about our pack,wingers and centres fine,full back not a problem,just need stand off and scrum half to the business.Sounds easy doesn't it.
Seriously I think we've the best chance of winning a competition for a very long time,since it's over there's no excuses.
I know we heard it all before.

I've got high hopes that our pack will be the best in the comp. our back three are at least competitive with the Aussie and NZ back three for the first time in my lifetime. We need our centres to play out of their skins when it counts and the same times two for our half backs.

#15 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Excellent stuff ! No let's repeat all that on every website possible and shout down the merchants of doom !

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

anyone travelling up to cumbria for a game?

#17 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

anyone travelling up to cumbria for a game?

Me and the Mrs.

#18 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Me and the Mrs.

Which game? The more I look at the Tonga team the more I look forward to watching them.

#19 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Which game? The more I look at the Tonga team the more I look forward to watching them.

Who's declared themselves eligible for tonga, Konrad hurrell, feleti mateo, moimoi? I think Fiji could be the dark horses with players like civoniceva, tuquiri, naiqama brothers and if they can get jarrad hayne, John Sutton, Akuila uate and the sim brothers they could seriously threaten the top 3 nations.

#20 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

This seems to be the expected team I think.

1.fisiahi
2.taufua
3.jenning
4.folau
5.vatuvei
6.mateo
7.seluini
8.momoi
9.latu
10.lousi
11.kite
12.mason