RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scorpions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Next up in our vital 'Cup run' is South Wales Scorpions and hopefully our squad will still be smarting from the last play defeat from a blatant

knock on at the Knoll in April.

That 'no try' will surely be enough incentive to motivate everyone, we owe them one................

Edited by ornit4ever, 03 August 2013 - 11:23 AM.

• boro hornet likes this
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#2 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Another very entertaining read on the Blogspot these lads can run for 80 minutes, read and smile:

http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#3 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Another excellent  2nd half display to zero SWS and win 36-10.  At last the defence is functioning well. Skolars miss out on bonus!

Building up well to the Oldham match, as they march on and Gateshead nearly pip NWC.  Hope we do not underestimate Gateshead and hope that Hemel lose.

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

A well drilled Hornets won at a canter in the end. The Scorpions took two chances, one on their first set and the other on the final set of the half to equalize our two scores. The second half was a 26-0 drubbing which we worked hard for.

It was obvious from the very start that the Scorpions were smarting from their ignominious defeat to Gateshead at The Gnoll last week and they really hustled us around in the early encounters, but then as the half wore on they couldn't quite keep up their initial intensity and w started to make more ground and enjoyed more attacking positions.

Another good win and no Bonus Poit for the opposition, Gateshead up next and we'd better be ready for them as they appear to be settled into a decent run of form!

WELL DONE LADS!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

A good performance by Hornets, i was impressed by most of the team but particularly the 4 props, McClurg and the Centre Davies. Having said that the team really lack intensity in attack and defence for large periods good job S.Wales were pretty rubbish imo. Against teams like S.Wales, Oxford, Gateshead and Gloucester, Hornets ability will/should be the difference. It worries me though that a performance like that against Oldham and N.Wales in the play offs and well get our bum smacked by a team that wants it more a la Hemel! Suppose you can only beat them in front of you, bring on Oldham

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Well done lads 2 from 2 with no BP's in our mini cup finals (as im terming it). A sluggish start but as the game progressed so did the Hornets performance. I was puzzled by South Wales, after 10 or 15 mins the players looked out on there feet when defending, but with ball flying in at pace. A funny side really. I thought Baines was stand out for me, his best game this season IMHO. Follwed by Danny Davies. I also thought Wayne was fantastic, reading play, making a few last ditch tackles (round the legs as well!) and carrying the ball forward in his usual way.

My only negatives is our line speed in defence, the bench are constantly shouting it "houghy, get em off the line" and the lads set off, run 3 yards, stop and the proceed to tackle around the shoulders! Maybe Wayne & McClurg can showthe lads how to tackle round the ankles?

All in all a proffesional performance. Next up Gateshead

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#7 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

For the forthcoming games can Talbot give the players a half time bollocking before the start of the game.

Seems to work for second halves like yesterday

• glemiln likes this

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

One point worth considering is that every season Hornets 'Rain on someone's Parade'. It happened once with Hunslet who were beating everyone with a cricket score but when they came to Spotland we won a classic game. Then the other season Swinton needed to beat us at Salford to win the title in style nd we whupped 'em big style.

So far this season we haven't really had one of these so it may be due eh? Whatever, we can't allow what's gone to bother us and just keep winning, as they say it becomes contagious.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Our defence was sloppy at times and we were forcing passes therefore we were struggled to get any territory but managed to stay with them

IT's take on the first half.  Thankfully, our defence has improved considerably of late, but if we continue to play for mainly 40mins, some team is going to rain on our parade.  It may well be our nearest and dearest, but Gateshead will be full of confidence after their heroics against NWC.  We need to be firing fully come the play-offs and hopefully take the season to the Final day.

Good to see Mayfield continuing their promotion push...a double reason to celebrate would be the icing on the cake.

#10 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I  think  we  have  not  given the Scorpions  some  sort  of credit  that they  deserve, in  Sam  Powell  they  had  a  very  creative  player  both  with  ball  in  hand  and 

his  kicking  game ( Wonder  how  many  40/20's  were  kicked  by  both  sides).  Their  full back  Jack  Murphy  was  full of  running  and  in  James  Tutuila,  the  Tongan  international,  they  had  a  powerful  second  rower so  give  our  defence  some  credit  especially our  evergreen  Wayne  English  for  pulling  off   some  superb  last  ditched  tackles.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users