David Gents letter to the Community Clubs

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

I agree. There should be an end of season review focussing on scheduling of fixtures. The onus should be on all clubs to bring options/solutions to the table as well as criticisms.

#42 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Always a shame to lose anybody to the game. Some casualties were inevitable as are the flaws. Unfortunately, time constraints doesn't allow flaws to be rectified quickly enough to please everyone. Thankfully the junior set ups are looking strong and a new generation will soon be coming through who appreciate the benefits summer rugby brings .

Have you taken in what Taxiegg (who runs a competition) says about the decline of junior/youth rugby?

I don't understand this flaw business, the competitions aren't actually new, the playing season has changed and with this change the numbers, standards and finances have all gone south, yes a few clubs have reported a increase but not many.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#43 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yes but that may say more about the people running the league than the concept. I'm not seeing too many of the same issues in the YJL particularly in the younger age groups.

Why is it some clubs have done well and not others?

#44 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yorkshire juniors inherited the West RIding League .
On the data supplied by the RFL there is not a significant rise in any area of the country quite the contrary .
Facts Gar just to give you another fact last year we had 28 teams start at under 7s so far this year it's down to 10 now if you can shed any light on that being down to the way our association is administered then I would be interested to read your views .
Could it be that as a sport we are not attracting the new volunteers to commit in the current playing season we never seemed to struggle before .

#45 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Simple ammendments could make all the difference and I have listed some ideas of mine below:

Regionalise the divisions so as to have two divions east of penines and two divisions west of penines - this would reduce travel costs and hopefullt increase player availability for thosr teams whose players have to work saturday morning.

Play off system from respective east and west divisions (top four from each respective division) play off final date to be left open as late as possible so that season can br extended to allow for free dates such as festival weel ends magic weekend. Each club coild also be allowed to te atrange by murual agreement lets say four games when and where player availability is genuinely low.

Scrap the NCL cup and re introduce the national cup with mutual agreement brtween barla ncl and the RFL.

start a campaign to encourage ex players to move into refereeing and make all match officials more approachable before and after games. The officials also need to be assessed for their performaces otherwise they aint gonna improve.

From my experience a lot of players seem to be concerned anout getting injured and losing time/money from work - could the NCL and the RFL not come up with an affordable and attractive insurance plan to cover loss of earnings.

Would anyone like to add to the above.

#46 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

That's a bloody good start. I like them all.

I think there's been a few Friday night games. have they been a success?

Edited by Gar, 21 August 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#47 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Simple ammendments could make all the difference and I have listed some ideas of mine below:

Regionalise the divisions so as to have two divions east of penines and two divisions west of penines - this would reduce travel costs and hopefullt increase player availability for thosr teams whose players have to work saturday morning.

Play off system from respective east and west divisions (top four from each respective division) play off final date to be left open as late as possible so that season can br extended to allow for free dates such as festival weel ends magic weekend. Each club coild also be allowed to te atrange by murual agreement lets say four games when and where player availability is genuinely low.

Scrap the NCL cup and re introduce the national cup with mutual agreement brtween barla ncl and the RFL.

start a campaign to encourage ex players to move into refereeing and make all match officials more approachable before and after games. The officials also need to be assessed for their performaces otherwise they aint gonna improve.

From my experience a lot of players seem to be concerned anout getting injured and losing time/money from work - could the NCL and the RFL not come up with an affordable and attractive insurance plan to cover loss of earnings.

Would anyone like to add to the above.

Great post and starts to address problems in a positive way .

#48 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Perhaps del capo or another ncl official would care to comment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users