TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Wow

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Didnt expect that in a million years, sounds like we played really well for a change.

One swallow doesnt make a summer though, so lets hope we can kick on from this now for the rest of the season..
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Didnt expect that in a million years, sounds like we played really well for a change.

One swallow doesnt make a summer though, so lets hope we can kick on from this now for the rest of the season..

6-46 awesome

and after todays workington result, and their trolls on our forum. a superb result for Featherstone,

Edited by RPH, 04 August 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#3 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

6-46 awesome

and after todays workington result, and their trolls on our forum. a superb result for Featherstone,

I expect you're too stupid to work out that by beating Keighley you did Town a big favour so thanks for that....

#4 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I expect you're too stupid to work out that by beating Keighley you did Town a big favour so thanks for that....

lol......who cares....your back to earth with a big bump.....

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Nope, we expected it after having to play the 2 outstanding teams in this league in 4 days and with several key players missing. No dramas at Town, you'll not find our fans criticising the team after such a loss. Unlike fans of certain other clubs eh ?

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Nope, we expected it after having to play the 2 outstanding teams in this league in 4 days and with several key players missing. No dramas at Town, you'll not find our fans criticising the team after such a loss. Unlike fans of certain other clubs eh ?

getoveryerself fella. nobody expects to win every game and i dont mind losing when the efforts been put in, but you know the lads can do a lot better it hurts on the drive home, a lot a teams are up and down and some strange score this past few months prove that, dont try telling me nobody moans when they see a player with known quality not giving his all as its always happened and always will. anyways looks like jk as had the lads sat watching last weeks game all week in a dark room as we sure have ringed the changes, hope you can do the same for next week.all the best.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Absolutely excellent today, no qualms about saying that. Unlike in recent games, team spirit was very evident throughout the match - which was something Kear alluded to on the radio. Maybe something's changed for the better this week? Quite possibly it has. Greenwood, Campbell and Flanagan outstanding. Young Leak also looked good on his debut. Very promising that he was able to step up from a relatively low level of the game and slot straight in with I such ease. We always seem to miss something when Flanagan's off the pitch - not today, however. Here's hoping we can kick on from this, this performance was a real filip for some very weary supporters.

Posted Image

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

No we will be back to earth with a bump when we lose 6 on the trot like Batley did. Our objective this year was to survive the drop and the second objective was to make the top 8. We have achieved the first and are on line for the second, so no again not down to earth at all. You also call Town fans trolls for coming on here and you are on the Town forum trying to stir things so you must be a troll as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

No we will be back to earth with a bump when we lose 6 on the trot like Batley did. Our objective this year was to survive the drop and the second objective was to make the top 8. We have achieved the first and are on line for the second, so no again not down to earth at all. You also call Town fans trolls for coming on here and you are on the Town forum trying to stir things so you must be a troll as well.

Talk to someone who cares. Workington are last week's news, in every sense. Hopefully, we might cross paths again in the play-offs.

#10 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

In fairness the Workington game was brought up by a Batley fan.

But it needs to be dropped now. Today is about a great performance and one that was much needed after the last few weeks.

#11 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

For goodness sake grow up.  Are you in a grown-up bed yet or has your mummy still got you in a cot.  I suppose the bars in the cot stop you throwing out your dummy quite so much.  We get used to banter from fans of other clubs and, in truth, it's usually good fun and quite amusing, but I never saw such mealy-mouthed tripe as you lot served up last week.  Just undisguised malice and caustic sneering because you happened to win a game.  Try celebrating your own achievements instead of trying to feed off the misfortunes of others - it shows a bit more class. You now have the stupidity to suggest that we should regret winning today because in doing so we have somehow helped your team.  Lord above!  Pathetic!   

#12 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

For goodness sake grow up.  Are you in a grown-up bed yet or has your mummy still got you in a cot.  I suppose the bars in the cot stop you throwing out your dummy quite so much.  We get used to banter from fans of other clubs and, in truth, it's usually good fun and quite amusing, but I never saw such mealy-mouthed tripe as you lot served up last week.  Just undisguised malice and caustic sneering because you happened to win a game.  Try celebrating your own achievements instead of trying to feed off the misfortunes of others - it shows a bit more class. You now have the stupidity to suggest that we should regret winning today because in doing so we have somehow helped your team.  Lord above!  Pathetic!

My response was to that particular individual (RPH) who suddenly appeared on the Town forum after your win gloating about our loss to Fev banging on about how we were back down to earth with a bump, asking about buying the match DVD and generally being an ar5ehole. If you're going to hand out patronising drivel about showing some class then maybe you should start with your own first ?

#13 phildog

phildog
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Now now boys!! RL used to be a game where fans of all clubs would discuss the game and their teams in a relaxed manner, none of us in the championship can afford to create hostility, we need each other. On another theme, yes, what happened in the previous few games that went right yesterday? Team spirit? why then did it go AWOL for 6 weeks ( actually 4 'cos it was there v Sheff and Fev). Less 1 man rugby? How come it didn't rear its' head when we were winning? All questions that either everyone or no-one can answer, we just have to be grateful for this week at least whatever it was was kicked into touch. If it continues next week and we can win well v Barrow, then confidence will be up for the Fax and Leigh games,which we need to win to bounce us into the play-offs.

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

3rd or 4th spot could be ours if we can put in a performance against Fax & Leigh and respect York and Barrow, both of whom are struggling to stay up and will fight for every point

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

My response was to that particular individual (RPH) who suddenly appeared on the Town forum after your win gloating about our loss to Fev banging on about how we were back down to earth with a bump, asking about buying the match DVD and generally being an ar5ehole. If you're going to hand out patronising drivel about showing some class then maybe you should start with your own first ?

"Patronising drivel"?   Hardly!   I think we both know what I am saying.  Its a matter of opinion whether it shows class or otherwise to indulge in childish boasting and baiting.  Contrary to your suggestion, I have no need to concern myself with any examination of my own attitude to success or defeat.  I do believe in gracious behaviour, in victory or defeat, and I think a quick reference to my posts will confirm that I conduct myself in accordance with that principle.  You may find this advice "patronising" but it is well meant, you need to make a distinction between general remarks and those aimed at specific individuals and appreciate the difference between humourous banter and offensive personal references.  

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

"Patronising drivel"?   Hardly!   I think we both know what I am saying.  Its a matter of opinion whether it shows class or otherwise to indulge in childish boasting and baiting.  Contrary to your suggestion, I have no need to concern myself with any examination of my own attitude to success or defeat.  I do believe in gracious behaviour, in victory or defeat, and I think a quick reference to my posts will confirm that I conduct myself in accordance with that principle.  You may find this advice "patronising" but it is well meant, you need to make a distinction between general remarks and those aimed at specific individuals and appreciate the difference between humourous banter and offensive personal references.  

We are a dying breed olddoggy - the game was built on the respect of players and fans for each other, it's what made it such a good sport to be involved in at all levels, whether as a fan or as a player. I have had a fair amount of respect affectionately knocked into me by grizzled old ex pro's in an earlier life, and it has stayed with me. Might be a boring old fa.rt, but it is still the way I would prefer the game to be played and perceived.

#17 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

We are a dying breed olddoggy - the game was built on the respect of players and fans for each other, it's what made it such a good sport to be involved in at all levels, whether as a fan or as a player. I have had a fair amount of respect affectionately knocked into me by grizzled old ex pro's in an earlier life, and it has stayed with me. Might be a boring old fa.rt, but it is still the way I would prefer the game to be played and perceived.

Spot on GOR.  We are a dying breed.  Unfortunately most of those with the "right" attitude are much nearer to dying than we would like. 

#18 phildog

phildog
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

By the way, are we not having a full match report this week?

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

By the way, are we not having a full match report this week?

I'm sure there will be. However, as Chairman LMAO has a young family and a full-time job to worry about, there may be a short delay for some reason.

Posted Image

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

3rd or 4th spot could be ours if we can put in a performance against Fax & Leigh and respect York and Barrow, both of whom are struggling to stay up and will fight for every point

World-beaters again eh PM?

:tongue:

Fans eh - aren't we wonderful?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users