TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

End of Season positions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Position   Club                        Played        Current Points      Games Left    My Points Prediction      Final Points     Final Position

1       OLDHAM                  14                       36                         2                                6                               42                    2

2        NORTH WALES        12                       31                         4                              12                                 43                    1

3        HEMEL                       13                       27                         3                                6                                 33                    3

4         ROCHDALE                      13                           25                             3                                     6                                      31                       4

5         LONDON                         12                           23                             4                                     6                                       29                       5

6        OXFORD                   14                       21                         2                                0                                  21                   6                          

7        SOUTH WALES          14                       18                         2                                0                                 18                    7

8       GATESHEAD              13                       13                         3                                0                                 13                    8

9        GLOUCESTER             13                         9                         3                                3                                 12                    9

I have updated the remaining fixtures for the season and have made my end of season predictions. I have not allowed for bonus points from the remaining fixtures. I have predicted that we will lose at home to Oldham. May I be struck down dead. I think that Hemel will win two of their last three games which would mean that we would need to beat Oldhan to finish 3rd.

North Wales V Hemel Home

Oldham V Gloucester Home

Rochdale V Gateshead Home

South Wales V London Away

Rochdale V Oldham Away

Gloucester V Gateshead Home

Hemel V London Home

North Wales V Oxford Home

London V North Wales Away

Gateshead V Hemel Away

North Wales V South Wales Home

Oxford V London Away

Rochdale V Gloucester Home

First get automatic promotion. 2nd to 6th in playoffs.

Week 1

2nd place get a bye. 3rd play 4th (match A), 5th play 6th (Match B )

Week 2

2nd-placed team v Winner Match A (winner to Play-off final, loser at home in Week 3) (Match C)

Losing team Match A v Winning team match B (loser eliminated) (Match D)

Week 3

Losing team Match C v Winner Match D (winner to Play-off final, loser eliminated) (Match E)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship One play-off final: Winner Match C v Winner Match E

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm not overly concerned about Rochdale. At the end of the day if they went up Saints would have to sever links with either them or Whitehaven and the championship would be too high a level for Saints fledglings so I think they will be happy with CH1 for Rochdale and at the end of the day it's Saints who pull their strings.

From a supporter on the forum of our nearest and dearest contemplating the run-in and promotion.  Hopefully, we can test his theory in due course and start by beating his lot!

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Would our nearest and dearest be allowed into The Championship with "Whitebank" as their home ground.

The word is that Hamilton has said that groung improvements will be made. What a joke. The players had no water for washing at one game.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hamilton's been saying improvements are going ahead for ages, they just never start! Let's worry about our club though and let the Biffos worry about Hamilton and that tip!

I'll see the next two games but will miss the last one and he play-offs.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Would our nearest and dearest be allowed into The Championship with "Whitebank" as their home ground.

The word is that Hamilton has said that groung improvements will be made. What a joke. The players had no water for washing at one game.

The no showers/water issue was raised by a number of Cru players after the recent game. Stanky complained about this 3 years ago and IT when we played there. Surely they cant keep letting this happen. 

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#6 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

They might not be able to play at Whitebank in the championship but I suspect if they are promoted they'll end up playing at sedley park, or some where else.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#7 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Sedgeley Park is a belting venue! but Oldham will not be there...too much revenue to lose from bar/parking/ground fees...the RU club will not rent it out for nowt!

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Sedgeley Park is a belting venue! but Oldham will not be there...too much revenue to lose from bar/parking/ground fees...the RU club will not rent it out for nowt!

You have a couple of supporters who run a pub and also run busses to the ground, could they not have a 'Beer Tent' with pies and what have you at Sedgely Park? Would the *nion folk stop that? If not it could be a way out!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

You have a couple of supporters who run a pub and also run busses to the ground, could they not have a 'Beer Tent' with pies and what have you at Sedgely Park? Would the *nion folk stop that? If not it could be a way out!!

Pugwash.

I think the Junction Inn has changed hands recently.

Electric sheep, CH might not have a choice if you manage to get promoted. I think he'd rather play at sedley or Aston or even boundary park and in the Championship than at Whitebank and in the C1.

Swinton have seemed to managed it ok at Leigh.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#10 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hornets should have played at Sedgley Park while the pitch was being done, I'm sure we would be in a more positive position iin the table now if we had. Something to consider for next season whichever league we are in.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#11 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Swinton Lions moved to Leigh from Sedgeley Park!!!

#12 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Swinton Lions moved to Leigh from Sedgeley Park!!!

I think that was because they were almost permenant nomads, we would only need it for a six week period.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users