Excluding Catalans

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Born in Bordeaux to an English mother (from Hull) and Senegalese father.

Christ, don't tell McNamara.

:D

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Funnily enough, I've just checked the Digiplanet Bradford Bulls page and they [for some reason] have Bak down with a South African flag at the side of his name. I'd go along with yours a being the most likely. Putting in the name on Google does bring up a surprising number of people with that name though, even one currently living in Bradford.......

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#43 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Banquet works for the town council in Carcassonne & wil coach the ASC Junior team next season. He's being playing low level union at Trebes last couple of years. Divet has been living in Carcassonne but not seen him around of late. Lived grew up I think in Sydney as youngster. Manly may be. Lucchese is also living in Carcassonne & was assistant coach/trainer at Limoux last year.

Couturier back in second or third spell at Toulouse Olympique. Playing back row these days I think. Has had spells playing union. Was member of that super TOXIII team who reached the CCsemis in 2005 and only one who travelled across the Channel with Justin Morgan.

Rated Dekkiche a lively three quarter who played at Avignon. Played top level union at La Rochelle.

Gigot who played Academy at Quins now reserve grade at Cronulla Sharks. Always ambitious to improve his game. Martins great wandering talent Hull KR, Leigh, Whitehaven now in Canberra playing country footy. Only if.

Berthezene should be lead part in Palau's rise to Elite 1 here from September. Tamghart played in Avignons Cup win last May. Still playing with no socks! Tallec went to play union at Toulon before they became big. Still in those parts I think. Involved with launch of a new treize team at Federal level. Going OK too & promoted to N1 for new season.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Jean Marc Garcia played for Sheffield.

Saw him at Ponte Carlo races last Sunday. Over here visiting sunny Yorkshire.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#45 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Lauren Minuet and Said Tamghart at Oldham.

#46 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Regis Pastre started on the wing for Batley, then must have bulked up a bit, since I later saw him playing at Prop for Paris SG versus London at Charlton FC!

#47 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Dave Hadfield mentions this in his XIII Winters book in the chapter about Blackpool's promotion season in 78/79. After Blackpool, Bak went to Keighley.

#48 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

...and more of them than I thought there'd been, too.

yeah thought the same. I had about 7 off the top of my head!!

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#49 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

A pitty Dumas never played over here.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#50 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Ned Catic?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#51 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

A pitty Dumas never played over here.

Indeed; a classy little player.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

How many of the Paris squads have been named so far?!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm sure I remember a prop playing a few games for Sheffield in the late 90', texido I think his name was?

#54 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

How many of the Paris squads have been named so far?!

To be honest the only French players I can remember was a good little winger called pascal bonati, who went to French rugby union and prop or second row didier cabastany.

#55 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure I remember a prop playing a few games for Sheffield in the late 90', texido I think his name was?

Freddie Teixido. On the board at Limoux these days.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#56 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Indeed; a classy little player.

Absolutely!  He also smashed my next door neighbour's nose and then offered him a contract at St Gaudens.

A lovely man to boot.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#57 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Is it also worth starting a thread on current UK / Antipodean players who have recently graced the French game?

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#58 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Can remember a french back rower/loose forward from the mid 90's.. cant recall his name but remember him playing against Australia, over in Oz and doing reasonably well in an easily beaten French team. He was of North African decent and was apparently a body guard by profession.. had a pony tail.. can't for the life of me remember his name!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#59 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Ezzedine Attia?

http://www.rugbyleag...ia/summary.html

http://www.rugbyleag...-vs-france.html

Edited by Jim from Oz, 06 August 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#60 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Can remember a french back rower/loose forward from the mid 90's.. cant recall his name but remember him playing against Australia, over in Oz and doing reasonably well in an easily beaten French team. He was of North African decent and was apparently a body guard by profession.. had a pony tail.. can't for the life of me remember his name!..

Bit of a beast, taking it to the Kangaroo forwards while the rest of the team wilted. Shame he didn't stay in the game longer.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users