TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Run In

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Oldham have to play Gloucestershire All Golds and Rochdale. We can win both games but the Rochdale game will be a very difficult local derby with potentially automatic promotion at stake. 

NWC have to play Hemel (home) Oxford (home) London (Away) and South Wales (Home), before the Northern Rail Bowl Final NW looked unbeatable but loses away to Hemel and Oldham and a what appears to be a unorthodox performance against Gateshead they appear to be having a dip in form. 

Before todays games I could only see NW winning automatic promotion but with NW grabbing a last minute victory against Gateshead,  I think they are beatable and they only need to slip up once in their the last four games and the it is wide open. 

Personally I don't want to face another Grand Final because after five defeats I cant take another one but this years team are a difficult prospect

We need to score points next week because point difference may have a role to play.

Lets get down to Whitebank on Sunday and cheer the boys onto another win in want could be our last home game (if we win automatic promotion)

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Our lads are good enough to go up by right or through the play offs.Win our next two games and then see what happens.Many of the fringe teams such as London and now Gateshead are coming good.I'm not overly concerned about Rochdale. At the end of the day if they went up Saints would have to sever links with either them or Whitehaven and the championship would be too high a level for Saints fledglings so I think they will be happy with CH1 for Rochdale and at the end of the day it's Saints who pull their strings.

We need to keep clear of injuries though.

One for all and all for the one

#3 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Fordy out for maybe 6 month apparently, dislocated elbow or possible break

#4 higgy

higgy
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

Fordy out for maybe 6 month apparently, dislocated elbow or possible break

That's bad news both for the team and the lad himself, hope its not as bad as it sounds? Speedy recovery.

#5 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just heard its dislocated and he got scan tmoro check for ligament damage then its 6-8 wks from there unfortunately, been fantastic for us this season

#6 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Loved his 2nd try against NWC. Champagne moment for me that.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

6 weeks would still be around the play offs wouldn't it? Hopefully we have already achieved automatic promotion but if not he could be a pivotal re-addition for the play offs.

#8 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just be a bit too soon to be back for the playoffs, shame, he has been great for us. Wish him all the very best, he is welcome anytime at the Roughyeds.

#9 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

He will be at the game Sunday he says, agree with roughyed34 the final would be too soon 4 fordy i think but if playoffs is where we end up lets win it 4 fordy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users