• 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Can anyone let us know how he is, nothing on the official site

#2 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yeah I heard something about him having some kind of collapse but not heard anything official yet.  

#3 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

had heard he collapse at training and is still in hospital, any further news.

GET WELL soon JY-MEL

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

The rumour was that he had suffered a brain hemorrhage which would be very worrying if true.

An announcement from the club would be most helpful in these circumstances I think. All of our best wishes are with you J-M.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

My partner suffered a very serious brain hemorrhage a few years ago.

Having had that experience I'm sure that if BSJ's rumour is true, Jy-Mel's family and friends will have enough on their plate dealing with what's happening to worry about anyone else and the medical staff will be in a similar position.  I doubt the club will be in a position to make any statements about this nor perhaps should they really, not at first anyway.

My partner and I send our heart felt best wishes to Jy-Mel and his family at this time.

#6 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

That is indeed very saddening news to hear and as team mascot I send him both mine and everybody’s well wishes and hope of very a speedy complete recovery. I’ve always liked the guy ever since I met him on the first training night he was never without a smile and a joke when we saw him in the dug outs before a match.

#7 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

The club is aware of the concern shown by supporters towards the welfare of Jy-Mel but we have only today been able to visit him and have a chat and to see what he would like to say to everyone.

Jy-Mel did collapse at training last Monday and was treated by our physiotherapist who decided that Jy-mel should go to hospital that same night to work out what had happened and to treat him accordingly. Jy-mel has spent the last week in Dewsbury Hospital undergoing tests to determine the root cause of what happened. At the moment these tests are ongoing and Jy-Mel is likely to remain in hospital for a further 5 to 7 days. He seems to be in pretty good spirits bearing in mind that he is still stuck in hospital undergoing the tests and wants to thank everyone for the concern they are showing for him. He will not play again this season and it is likely that he will not be able to return to work for some time. The club are therefore planning to raise some money for him over the next couple of weeks to help him and we hope that all our supporters and those in the wider rugby league fraternity will support these fund raising activities as best they can.

The club will issue further updates in due course as and when Jy-Mel gets further information that he wants to share with you all.

Edited by Dewsbury Rams, 06 August 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

The club is aware of the concern shown by supporters towards the welfare of Jy-Mel but we have only today been able to visit him and have a chat and to see what he would like to say to everyone.

Jy-Mel did collapse at training last Monday and was treated by our physiotherapist who decided that Jy-mel should go to hospital that same night to work out what had happened and to treat him accordingly. Jy-mel has spent the last week in Dewsbury Hospital undergoing tests to determine the root cause of what happened. At the moment these tests are ongoing and Jy-Mel is likely to remain in hospital for a further 5 to 7 days. He seems to be in pretty good spirits bearing in mind that he is still stuck in hospital undergoing the tests and wants to thank everyone for the concern they are showing for him. He will not play again this season and it is likely that he will not be able to return to work for some time. The club are therefore planning to raise some money for him over the next couple of weeks to help him and we hope that all our supporters and those in the wider rugby league fraternity will support these fund raising activities as best they can.

The club will issue further updates in due course as and when Jy-Mel gets further information that he wants to share with you all.

Best wishes Jy-mel, hope everything turns out OK.

Will the club be setting up a paypal type account for donations, and if so can they create a link on here ?

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the information.

All of our thoughts are with Jy-Mel and his family.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well to get the ball rolling me and my Mam will start the donations by putting £100 Barr on the table. .

#11 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

my well wishes go to jymel wish him speedy recovery a great player

#12 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Wow, that's a bit of a shock to hear. Hoping he makes a full and strong recovery. A talented and dangerous player. Thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

#13 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

I know I can speak for us all when I wish Jy- Mel the very best wishes from all at Fev for the fullest and speediest of recoveries.
Andy
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#14 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

We would like to let you all know that Jy-Mel has now finally been released from hospital. He is under strict instructions to do very little for the next six months which will have a massive impact on both his home and working life. We hope that he will be able to come to the club to watch one or both of the remaining two home games but it very much depends on how he is on the day since his recovery process is slow and he needs to have support with him at the moment.

We are planning to have a bucket collection at the next two games to help with the fundraising.

#15 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hope this collection is well supported at the next two games and he makes a full recovery as quickly as possible.

#16 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Jy-Mel's appeal received a massive boost at the weekend when the committee responsible for the distribution of the funds raised by Rams former Cheerleading Group decided to donate their remaining funds to the appeal for Jy-Mel. This meant a boost of £500 which is a superb gesture by the organisers. The Rams would, on behalf of Jy-Mel, like to thank everyone who took part in the fund raising either through donations or fund raising itself and thanks go to the former committee members for using their remaining funds in this way which we are sure all will agree is a very worthy cause indeed.

As previously announced Jy-Mel is now out of hospital but he has to have someone with him at all times and this looks as though it could be the case for the next six months. This will obviously have a huge impact on his working and social life and it is likely to be at least six months before he can return to work even with care. The club will continue to support Jy-Mel as best it can during this period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users