Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

How come your official website shows the Swinton game as Sunday 11th August when it is being played on Thursday 8th at 7-30 pm at Leigh Sports Village and on Premier Sports ?

Are there many of you guys / gals coming over for this crunch match ?

Hope to see you all on Thursday

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

How come your official website shows the Swinton game as Sunday 11th August when it is being played on Thursday 8th at 7-30 pm at Leigh Sports Village and on Premier Sports ?

The date and time of the Swinton game should be put right on the club site in the next few weeks. :shout:

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

.. or maybe we arent coming, Ian ! :tongue:  :biggrin:

#4 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Nothing to say about this game. Players and Fans know how important this is. Must win, 6 pointer! Should be a great game.

#5 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

It'll be changed when I can be arsed.

#6 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Theres no rush Andy, next season will do.

Edited by Spanish Knight, 05 August 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

You won't see many thanks to the bl**dy change to a tv game - 2 of us having to take

half days holiday to make sure we have enough time to get there with the M62 etc

at that time of night & 7.30 kick off..

#8 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Come now Andy, the fixture list on the Press site got changed last week.

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Should be a great game.

#10 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

It's sh it or bust for the Knights in their next two games, two wins and safety beckons, two losses then Gateshead beckons. Shame about the change of days, was going to go on Sunday but have no chance of making Thursday night :-(

#11 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Listen to GT after the game he seems to be at a loss why we are battling to stay in the division and why we are not getting any DR players from Hull,when other teams are still been offered players?Has there been a fall out between the 2 clubs?

#12 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Listen to GT after the game he seems to be at a loss why we are battling to stay in the division and why we are not getting any DR players from Hull,when other teams are still been offered players?Has there been a fall out between the 2 clubs?

Really? The league table doesn't lie and we're near the bottom because we can't compete for the whole 80 minutes, Barrow x 2 and Dewsbury away has cost 5 precious survival points. As for DR? Mr Thornton is been a bit "thick" as its run for the benefit of the SL teams. Doubt Hull will shed a tear if the Knights are relegated

#13 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

So are you saying GT was told one thing from Hull at the start of the season he would be offered players every week?And know we are coming to the most crucial part of the season the DR seems to have stopped.So why are we not been offered any players?Like GT keeps saying our forwards are not big enough to complete for a full 80,which i thought the game was all about?

#14 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

So are you saying GT was told one thing from Hull at the start of the season he would be offered players every week?And know we are coming to the most crucial part of the season the DR seems to have stopped.So why are we not been offered any players?Like GT keeps saying our forwards are not big enough to complete for a full 80,which i thought the game was all about?

Short answer is probably "yes", If people can't see the whole DR system was for the benefit of the SL teams then they must be blind.
As for the forwards, they are too "small", a good big un will always beat a good small un

#15 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Really? The league table doesn't lie and we're near the bottom because we can't compete for the whole 80 minutes, Barrow x 2 and Dewsbury away has cost 5 precious survival points. As for DR? Mr Thornton is been a bit "thick" as its run for the benefit of the SL teams. Doubt Hull will shed a tear if the Knights are relegated

I'm pretty sure GT knows the pros and cons of DR.

#16 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Now you really couldn't make this one up:

08 Aug KO:19:30 Championship Rd: 23
Swinton Lions v York City Knights
Leigh Sports Village

Ref: C Leatherbarrow Vid Ref: I Smith Touch J: B Patey In Goal: - Touch J: S Ansell In Goal: - Reserve: M Griffiths Time K: A Mills M Com: K Leyland  

#17 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure GT knows the pros and cons of DR.

Then why is he at a loss as to why we aren't getting any players from Hull?

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Then why is he at a loss as to why we aren't getting any players from Hull?

Would imagine the recent cup semi & now the upcoming cup final will have a massive

affect on who Hull want to keep fit/rest/not risk etc so not really suprising - GT was maybe

just using his words 'carefully'...

Edited by shades2, 06 August 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#19 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Have already been with there with the WASPS ,and supporters who think we can survive in the 3rd tier of the rugby league are living in a different world from me ?

#20 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Have already been with there with the WASPS ,and supporters who think we can survive in the 3rd tier of the rugby league are living in a different world from me ?

oldham ,rochdale,skolars, and gateshead are still there

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward