Swinton

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#181 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?

#182 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Good read Pete, lets hope in a couple of weeks you can write about much better posts.

You still haven't told me why the brand new website's so poor mate...

Posted Image

#183 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

You still haven't told me why the brand new website's so poor mate...

Not enough comic sans or clip art.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#184 knightfever

knightfever
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

First time I've ever been inclined to post on this forum.

I've been a fan since the early 70's and seen many ups and downs, mainly downs but every season I think "this will be our year" so I'm probably firmly in the "rose tinted glasses" camp.

All the talk of the club being in decline is down to us.

The club isn't the players or the coaching staff it is us.

The fans.

We are the club.

What can we do to arrest the decline.

One tangible thing, if it is financially possible, is the share issue.

I think this is a great idea. We have an opportunity to not only contribute financially but also have an input in the future direction of the club.

We have to remember WE are York City Knights and the future is in our hands.

#185 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've been a fan since the early 70's and seen many ups and downs, mainly downs but every season I think "this will be our year" so I'm probably firmly in the "rose tinted glasses" camp.
The fans.
We are the club.
I think this is a great idea. We have an opportunity to not only contribute financially but also have an input in the future direction of the club.

This.

#186 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Not enough comic sans or clip art.

Maybe its abit washed out and I'm not sure if it pops with enough fizz.

#187 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

The fans.

We are the club.

Exactly - 3 of us already paid up for next seasons vice presidents package which will

be the 12th season running we have done it.

I don't expect people with no interest in our club to put loads of cash in - its up to us to

keep our club going in the good times & also in the sh*t times.

Edited by shades2, 12 August 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#188 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Exactly - 3 of us already paid up for next seasons vice presidents package which will

be the 12th season running we have done it.

I don't expect people with no interest in our club to put loads of cash in - its up to us to

keep our club going in the good times & also in the sh*t times.

Shades

that is admirable 12 years on the trot and no one can doubt your committment to the cause, however not everyone who follows the Knights may have that level of disposable income, or indeed to be able to pay in advance, it doesnt neccesarily mean thay are not interested, I suspect that there are many others who simply can only commit to the £14 entrance fee on a week by week basis when they see how their weekly spend is going  in the current economic climate, does that make them bad fans ? or any less vaulauable to the club ? it would be easy to alienate some of these fans who don't have season tickets or VP packages.  Just an observation.

Posted Image

#189 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Shades

that is admirable 12 years on the trot and no one can doubt your committment to the cause, however not everyone who follows the Knights may have that level of disposable income, or indeed to be able to pay in advance, it doesnt neccesarily mean thay are not interested, I suspect that there are many others who simply can only commit to the £14 entrance fee on a week by week basis when they see how their weekly spend is going  in the current economic climate, does that make them bad fans ? or any less vaulauable to the club ? it would be easy to alienate some of these fans who don't have season tickets or VP packages.  Just an observation.

Whether people can afford it has nothing whatsoever to do with my comments (our mortgage statement

might indicate we can't).

I am just backing up the 'its our club' comment, its us who get the 'pleasure' from the 7 wins we have at home

this season etc, therefore its us who need to contribute in whatever way we can to make sure the club continues

in whatever division & also not to expect to be told where every £ given is spent by the club

Edited by shades2, 13 August 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#190 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Whether people can afford it has nothing whatsoever to do with my comments (our mortgage statement
I am just backing up the 'its our club' comment, its us who get the 'pleasure' from the 7 wins we have at home
this season etc, therefore its us who need to contribute in whatever way we can to make sure the club continues
in whatever division & also not to expect to be told where every £ given is spent by the club

Shades
My point: maybe everyone is contributing whatever they can or want to and hence you and others keep banging on at them and they'll get hacked off and walk away, as for people wanting to know what the club spend 'their' money on, what's the problem with that?particulalrly if you are referring to prospective shareholders.
Andy
Posted Image

#191 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Shades
My point: maybe everyone is contributing whatever they can or want to and hence you and others keep banging on at them and they'll get hacked off and walk away, as for people wanting to know what the club spend 'their' money on, what's the problem with that?particulalrly if you are referring to prospective shareholders.
Andy

This is getting hard now - repeat - my comments were in support of Knightfevers comments - as simple

as that - how that is supposed to be hacking people off is beyond me - life's too short..

Anyway have a look at the Press today - Jack Lee chatting about our current situation - read the stuff

about the comments about lacking heart, wanting support, individuals making daft decisions and having a

young side trying to cope with the situation we are in....sure I have seen similar thoughts on here, but they

would count as been 'rose tinted' comments to some.....

Just had a look back at this topic - you're right - half of its garbage

Edited by shades2, 14 August 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#192 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Half the forum's garbage...

#193 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Article with Jack Lee. No obligation to read it, but it's free to read*

http://www.yorkpress...s_survival_bid/

(*At least for now, while the journalism industry contemplates pay walls.)

#194 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ok you lot win, have the forum to yourselves, your obviously right about everything, I wish I was as knowledgeable about the game as you guys. Goodbye.another one bites the dust. I'll just watch the games and keep my thoughts off here.
Posted Image

#195 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ok you lot win, have the forum to yourselves, your obviously right about everything, I wish I was as knowledgeable about the game as you guys. Goodbye.another one bites the dust. I'll just watch the games and keep my thoughts off here.

I agree with you Andy. I would love to contribute to the club, but at this point in time it's just not possible, unless the club would like 62p a month. And whilst I must commend shades on his ongoing commitment to the club, his suggestive statement of "we can't really afford it but we do anyway so everyone else should" is a bit out of line, most people wouldn't want to put themselves in that sort of peril. (Sorry if that wasn't intended shades, but that's how I read it and I'm guessing so did Andy)
Now, back to Andy. Don't leave the forum over a silly difference of opinion. A forum is a place for people to air their opinions, and if everyones was the same then the world would be a very boring place wouldn't it?

It's time to park the camels.

#196 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

I would love to contribute to the club, but at this point in time it's just not possible, unless the club would like 62p a month.

You can put 62p a month into Squadbuilder if you want. It'd be more than welcome.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#197 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

You can put 62p a month into Squadbuilder if you want. It'd be more than welcome.

You're like Mr. Krabs. The first sound of money and you come running ;)

#198 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I agree with you Andy. I would love to contribute to the club, but at this point in time it's just not possible, unless the club would like 62p a month. And whilst I must commend shades on his ongoing commitment to the club, his suggestive statement of "we can't really afford it but we do anyway so everyone else should" is a bit out of line, most people wouldn't want to put themselves in that sort of peril. (Sorry if that wasn't intended shades, but that's how I read it and I'm guessing so did Andy)
Now, back to Andy. Don't leave the forum over a silly difference of opinion. A forum is a place for people to air their opinions, and if everyones was the same then the world would be a very boring place wouldn't it?

Just do not understand the ''so everyone else should'' bit?? - Where did I actually say that?

For the 3rd time, the point I was making was supporting the comment that its our club & its up to

us to keep it going, just paying £14 on a Sunday is keeping it going, buying a shirt is keeping it

going, just do not expect people who get no enjoyment out of our club to pay for our enjoyment.

What other peoples finances are is nothing to do with me & I'm not interested, all I/we do is treat any

expenditure to the Knights same as Car tax due January, Car insurance due October, Knights due

September etc, etc - nothing clever or big about it, just planning for it as we intend to do what we can

to help the club to keep going.

We both said when Steve Ferres got involved, right we will try to help if we can, but this is the last time

and if it goes t*ts up, then at least we know we have done our bit towards creating a well run, successful club.

Do not regret that decision whatsoever - the thought of not having a club full stop is not something

I want to even think about, but if it ever happens, then we are happy we did all we could to keep it going

Edited by shades2, 15 August 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#199 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just do not understand the ''so everyone else should'' bit?? - Where did I actually say that?

You didn't say it, and I didn't say you did. I'm saying it was suggested in what you did say.

Which I, and I assume Andy and maybe some others read as: "I don't care if people say they can't afford it because I can't but I still do." Which then implies you want/expect others to do the same.

I already apologised if that's not what you meant, just how I read it.

#200 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

This.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users