TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Play Off Format ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

After today's win,we should be thinking about keeping in the top eight,does anyone know the format for this year's play off? Which positions play who?

#2 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Week 1

Qualifying play-offs

1st-placed club v 4th-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

2nd-placed club v 3rd-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

Elimination play-offs

5th-placed club v 8th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

6th-placed club v 7th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

Week 2

Preliminary semi-finals

Highest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Lowest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Lowest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Highest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Week 3

Qualifying semi-final 1

Highest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Lowest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Qualifying semi-final 2

Lowest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Highest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship Grand Final

Winner Qualifying semi-final 1 v Winner Qualifying semi-final 2

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Thanks very much for the information,looking.forward to the Batley game if we finish eighth !!

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

Thanks very much for the information,looking.forward to the Batley game if we finish eighth !!

My thoughts exactly, would be good if it happened.

#5 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

My thoughts exactly, would be good if it happened.

We have to beat Donny and at least one other victory, maybe Sheff at home. Worky,Haven and Donny have easier run ins I'm afraid. I've got Worky and Haven on at least 42 points at the end of season and us and Donny on 39, but Donny look like having a better points diff.

#6 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

We have to beat Donny and at least one other victory, maybe Sheff at home. Worky,Haven and Donny have easier run ins I'm afraid. I've got Worky and Haven on at least 42 points at the end of season and us and Donny on 39, but Donny look like having a better points diff.

No game will be easy when teams are fighting for survival and also a chance to get into the playoffs!

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

It all depends how much the top teams have to play for in their last couple of games (and maybe whether Leigh have paid their players that week. :angel: )

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

It all depends how much the top teams have to play for in their last couple of games (and maybe whether Leigh have paid their players that week. :angel: )

And they say the league's the fairest way.

It's not who you play - it's when you play 'em ............

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

And they say the league's the fairest way.

It's not who you play - it's when you play 'em ............

...and when you pay 'em!

:onthequiet:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

...and when you pay 'em!

:onthequiet:

Or if you pay 'em.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users