RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

anthony nicholson

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

according to league express signed on for us for 2014

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#2 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Is he the one at barrow currently?

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

Plays hooker. Would appear to be on loan at Barrow as cannot shift the present players at Leigh. 21 years old, with the rumours regarding both Mennell and Flanaghan leaving, will he and Leak be fighting it out for the role next season?

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Plays hooker. Would appear to be on loan at Barrow as cannot shift the present players at Leigh. 21 years old, with the rumours regarding both Mennell and Flanaghan leaving, will he and Leak be fighting it out for the role next season?

After what I heard at the game yesterday, it appears that George may be looking to stay with us next season. Leigh fans rate Nicholson as a real talent, but with highly paid competition in Penkywicz and Beswick he was always going to struggle for gametime there. The only negative post about him on their forum makes the comment that its perhaps an indictment of his ability if Batley 'is the best he can do'. Nice to know that we're still regarded as a bit of a rubbing rag by some fans.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 August 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

If George stays , Leak can play 6,7 or 9 , so puts pressure / cover on these positions 

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

I would really like to see George stay at the dogs but if the rumours about Fev are true then I would'nt want to see him (& his family) lose financially by staying with the dogs, go earn it while you can George time is short in this game

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

George wont be staying unless he decides to tear up his contract.....or decides he does not want to give himself a better opportunity of winning something at Featherstone. I think Nicko is a good replacement,not quite as experienced but good distribution, eye for an opening, but can take wrong options a lot.
There are a lot of players leaving batley at the end of the season, many of which are still not in the public domain and some will be huge losses to your team next season.

And which players are these? We've already re-signed some very good players, and are well aware of who's leaving - whether or not its 'in the public domain yet'. All are eminently replaceable (we've already re-signed the two players I'd actually have described as 'huge' losses) and by all accounts we've already completed some exciting recruitment for 2014 - including a second row man who's been a regular in SL this season. If you're hoping to stir up a bit of a hornets nest here, then kindly go away.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 August 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

#8 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Can't see why George would want to go to Featherstone apart from the money (of course this is the big one) because with Ellis and Kaye both ex SL hookers already there he may well end up getting not very much game time at all.
If Mennell has gone to Halifax then George would be the clear first choice at Batley. Tear the contract up, George!

#9 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

George told us that he hadnt signed a contract with anyone yet 

#10 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hope not. George would be top of my list of players to add to the resignings. I think he would be far better off playing every week at Batley than filling in for Ellis or Kaye at Fev.

#11 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

After what I heard at the game yesterday, it appears that George may be looking to stay with us next season. Leigh fans rate Nicholson as a real talent, but with highly paid competition in Penkywicz and Beswick he was always going to struggle for gametime there. The only negative post about him on their forum makes the comment that its perhaps an indictment of his ability if Batley 'is the best he can do'. Nice to know that we're still regarded as a bit of a rubbing rag by some fans.

I wouldn't take to much notice of that particular poster if i was you

#12 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Can't see why George would want to go to Featherstone apart from the money (of course this is the big one) because with Ellis and Kaye both ex SL hookers already there he may well end up getting not very much game time at all.If Mennell has gone to Halifax then George would be the clear first choice at Batley. Tear the contract up, George!

kaye is leaving fev.. Who join us? Who knows iv heard but iv also heard liam hood but it is silly season but george would want more money if they he did tear up his contract as we all know playing for batley shouldn't be about money it's about been a family and creating history in my eyes!

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

not wanting to stir up anything at all junior, It would be unfair of me to name the players leaving as I do not personally agree with the current flawed system the RFL have implemented in relation to this. All I will say is that there is a huge amount of players heading for the exit, meaning a whole new team next season....

Please don't patronise me with the 'Junior' nonsense, Dave. 99% of Batley fans are well aware of who's leaving before next season - that's the nature of supporting a small club, so we don't really require posts informing us that we face losses that are going to be 'huge' but which are, as yet, concealed from public sight. Your little power trip over 'top-secret' info is a pretty pathetic failure. Stick to dodgy kitchen fitting.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 August 2013 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

not wanting to stir up anything at all junior, It would be unfair of me to name the players leaving as I do not personally agree with the current flawed system the RFL have implemented in relation to this. All I will say is that there is a huge amount of players heading for the exit, meaning a whole new team next season....

You sound for all the world like doc M. He doesn't stir things up either. ;)

#15 phildog

phildog
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Think we all have to wait for the official statement from the club. Rumour can be true or false and to swallow everything hook line and sinker may be dangerous. All we know for certain is that Black, Campbell, Smith, Greenwood and Leak are in next year's squad. Why get upset about ribbing from other clubs' fans about this that and the other? There is only Walton who has said outright that he's leaving, the rest are still in the pot so to speak, although I'm intrigued as to who the SL 2nd rower might be. After yesterday's performance which got the side back on track, we might, just might, be getting back in stride and about to up our game for a better than usual play-offs, which may sway one or two to change their plans, let's see! 

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I thought Leak had only signed until the end of the season?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

kitchen fitting ? where did that one come from ???
listen, I have better things to do with my time than argue facts with a 'straw plucker'
...Terminater my booty....

Rumbled and you know it. Which club are you prostituting yourself around this year? You haven't been seen slithering around the VIP lounge at Batley for a few years, that's for sure. Bye bye Dave, and try not to leave a nasty, slimy trail on the way out.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Wildy..... where the #### have you been????:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#19 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Good signing. If we can retain Leek and George, gives us plenty of options at Hooker next season.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

George wont be staying unless he decides to tear up his contract.....or decides he does not want to give himself a better opportunity of winning something at Featherstone. I think Nicko is a good replacement,not quite as experienced but good distribution, eye for an opening, but can take wrong options a lot.
There are a lot of players leaving batley at the end of the season, many of which are still not in the public domain and some will be huge losses to your team next season.

Personally, I couldn't care less what you or other saddos who are trying to prove they have knowledge that others don't have are saying. For me, no one player is more important than the club, and whatever happens, the club will still exist next season. We will be competitive next year whoever plays in a Batley shirt. So I reckon you should do as Terminator suggested and try to prove how big and important you are on another forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users