Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

anthony nicholson

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

saddos....who said anything about one player not me......OMG this one has to be one of the most childlike forums I have ever visited......get a grip mate and grow up.....how old are you ?

OK, so why come on being the font of all knowledge, assuming that we actually haven't considered who might be leaving? You clearly have something to prove to make up for your inadequacy.

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

George wont be staying unless he decides to tear up his contract.....or decides he does not want to give himself a better opportunity of winning something at Featherstone. I think Nicko is a good replacement,not quite as experienced but good distribution, eye for an opening, but can take wrong options a lot.
There are a lot of players leaving batley at the end of the season, many of which are still not in the public domain and some will be huge losses to your team next season.

And as said, did you really think we didn't know that a lot of our team are leaving at the end of the season? Your name would suggest you are in the know.

#23 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

OK, so why come on being the font of all knowledge, assuming that we actually haven't considered who might be leaving? You clearly have something to prove to make up for your inadequacy.

Hes not the only one on this thread who thinks he knows more than he does or thinks he has some insider knowledge

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hes not the only one on this thread who thinks he knows more than he does or thinks he has some insider knowledge

Maybe not, but no one else has a name that in itself suggests they have some insider knowledge

#25 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

I wonder if he's the same agent whose cock up resulted in one of the players mentioned on this thread having no choice but to sign for a local rival of ours a couple of years ago, we didn't actually want to move clubs.

For the player's sake I sincerely hope not.

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

i responded to George being unlikely to tear up a contract and that in Nicko you were getting a decent replacement....and as you already know a large exodus of players.......If you already know that what part of any of that made you choke on your farleys rusk ?

Because you ignoramus, you were claiming to have more knowledge than anyone else here, as if we cared. The reason I am choking on my Farley's rusk is not that players are leaving, but cretins like you are coming on here claiming to be the Oracle!

#27 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

saddos....who said anything about one player not me......OMG this one has to be one of the most childlike forums I have ever visited......get a grip mate and grow up.....how old are you ?

Oh and by the way, you misunderstood my post to which this reply is to!

#28 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Ive never understood why semi pro players need agents - they dont get paid much as it is, and then give away money to someone foe nothing, would have thought ghey would have enough about them to negotiate their own contracts.

You wouldnt get an agent involved negotiating a salary for a new job at say Tesco (for arguments sake) so dont see what they gain from it.

Only people gaining seem to be the agents.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ive never understood why semi pro players need agents - they dont get paid much as it is, and then give away money to someone foe nothing, would have thought ghey would have enough about them to negotiate their own contracts.

You wouldnt get an agent involved negotiating a salary for a new job at say Tesco (for arguments sake) so dont see what they gain from it.

Only people gaining seem to be the agents.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why?

I guess that, by employing someone who's 'clued up' to handle their affairs, players assume that they will be offered the best deal possible. Also, having someone negotiating on your behalf removes the stress of having to tout your services to every club in the league at the end of each season. I guess that they have their benefits in that respect. However, I can't really fathom why any semi-pro player would be willing to pay a representative a portion of their wage for a job that they could surely do themselves. Maybe they don't trust the clubs to offer them what they're worth? I have a suspicion that there's also a little vanity and 'keeping up with the Jones'' mentality invokved - i.e. "I've got an agent, I've made it". All supposition of course, I don't really know the ins and outs of any arrangement.
However, in terms of the whole 'phenomenon', I'd say that undoubtedly the biggest winners are the agents themselves, with the players in second and the clubs bottom of the pile. In a time when clubs like our own are struggling desperately to stay afloat and make ends meet, agents aren't helpful as they simply push wages up in order to increase the size of their own cut.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 August 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

here's another one.....and how do you know what I know or what anyone knows.....now run along theres a good lad

I was in a roundabout fashion defending you but youre suck a thick ###### you couldnt see it

#31 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Come on guys, dont feed the troll, he's no more anyones agent than a sausage roll is a packet of crisps and you're all falling for it.

Just another disgruntled nobody who has probably been banned and has nothing better to do now it's the school holidays

Back under your bridge little boy.

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I actually thought it was the return of Eddie Rombo but realise now the error of my ways. And that was my point about his name. What agent would come on here proclaiming he is an agent? Doesn't say much for his ability to maintain confidentiality!

Edited by distantdog, 05 August 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#33 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Better than watching Corrie on here.Has Coolie re-invented himself????

#34 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

I reckon it's Eddie. He's crackers enough to actually do this.

#35 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

i reckon its Osama Bin Ladens penis stitched onto Saddam Hussains head and reanimated by the CIA

Nobhead which ever way you look at it

Edited by Gary Coyle, 05 August 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#36 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

i reckon its Osama Bin Ladens penis stitched onto Saddam Hussains head and reanimated by the CIA

Nobhead which ever way you look at it

Got to be a Ram then.Perfect ID

#37 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I cant help but laugh......wow some absolute shockers on here

I've seen people who can't help but laugh before - most of them were wearing straitjackets at the time.  Put the scatter-gun away and come out with a single substantive fact and people might, just might, give you some credibility.  The only thing you have proven so far is that you are an indiscriminately offensive jerk who responds to every point with a witless personal insult.  Go and purvey your garbage elsewhere.  No-one here is listening.

#38 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

its the batley over 65's mafia lol......... :P  I better get out of town before I find myself bashed around the head with a crown green bowling mat  lol.......

Why choose the name "PlayersAgent".....and to which town/team or forum did you set up your profile to follow ?

#39 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

I understood that leak had joined for the rest of this,and next season. therefore, assuming that both Hemingway and Moore leave, he would step up at 7 and leave Nicholson at 9, again assuming that Flanagan goes! Then of course there's young Whitmore, if he gets retained/signs onso we have plenty choice at 7 and 9 and short term cover at 6. Things ain't looking too bad!

#40 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

playersagent is actually an agent, he acts on behalf of Anthony Nicholson and around another 30 players at Championship and Super League level.

Unfortunately he is infact correct about the mass exodus of players from Batley next year due to wage structure issues but does not go on to tell you that the same amount of moves will be happening at other clubs aswell.

You boys have already made ample signings for next year but they cannot be announced until later this year hence you only announcing contract extensions of players you already hold the registration for.

Chill.