Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

anthony nicholson

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Mr Binosh. No-one is suggesting he is wrong. We all know that many are leaving, it was the fact that he came on here purporting to have information that none of us knew. And then decided to get abusive when none of us were impressed.

#42 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

playersagent is actually an agent, he acts on behalf of Anthony Nicholson and around another 30 players at Championship and Super League level.

Unfortunately he is infact correct about the mass exodus of players from Batley next year due to wage structure issues but does not go on to tell you that the same amount of moves will be happening at other clubs aswell.

You boys have already made ample signings for next year but they cannot be announced until later this year hence you only announcing contract extensions of players you already hold the registration for.

Chill.

Well if he is as you say, then if he was representing me after this spectacle I would very quickly give him the heave-ho.

#43 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

playersagent is actually an agent, he acts on behalf of Anthony Nicholson and around another 30 players at Championship and Super League level.

Unfortunately he is infact correct about the mass exodus of players from Batley next year due to wage structure issues but does not go on to tell you that the same amount of moves will be happening at other clubs aswell.

You boys have already made ample signings for next year but they cannot be announced until later this year hence you only announcing contract extensions of players you already hold the registration for.

Chill.

Thanks for explaining,  so is players agent officially telling us his player has signed for Batley on a fans forum? 

#44 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

bore off.....who are you the forum police ? I cant be arsed with the geriatrics on here....weird bunch

Don't worry son, you will get there yourself soon enough.  Only an idiot forgets that life is a learning experience and age is to be respected not ridiculed.  When you have actually achieved something other than mouthing off and trying to verbally bully older people, who in all likelihood have achieved more than you have even thought about, then you might command some respect yourself. You do yourself no favours bigging up against what you perceive as weak targets. Just an arrogant deluded moron.

#45 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

It's well documented on the other threads who is supposed to be leaving.... I make it 4 to Feath, 2 to Salford, 2 to Halifax and a retirement at the last count.

Obviously that means players will be moving at other clubs too. There are only so many players and so many clubs.

Batley will turn out a team, the sun will shine over the Mount and life will carry on. :)

#46 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Amen to that

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#47 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I think you can add to that..........

I think you need to give this a break and visit a few other clubs forums to inform fans how many players are leaving their respective clubs. You seem to have some doom-mongering agenda against Batley, ajd its fairly obvious. What you don't seem to have grasped is that Batley fans are aware that players are leaving at the end of the season, and are also aware that players will be arriving to take their places. Personally, I'd say that the players we've announced as having re-signed this far are probably those whom we were most keen to keep hold of. The remainder - apart from Greg Johnson, who's the best wingman in the Championship and a player we were resigned to losing within weeks of his debut, are all eminently replaceable. We'll be as strong next season as we have been for most of this - if not moreso.

Edited by TheTerminator, 06 August 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I think you can add to that..........

True... I forgot about the poor soul going to Dewsbury!

#49 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

What PA does not seem to grasp is that we accept we are not the richest club in the Championship and other clubs are prepared to offer bigger signing on fees that we can only dream of matching which players naturally accept. What we have is a board of directors that will stretch our finances to the limit, a coaching team that will get the best out of players who have the privilege of pulling a Batley shirt on and supporters who live in the real world.
We have punched well above our weight and expectations over a number of seasons and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future no matter how many players decide to seek allegedly greener pastures.

Edited by ernieone, 07 August 2013 - 06:35 AM.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#50 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

What PA does not seem to grasp is that we accept we are not the richest club in the Championship and other clubs are prepared to offer bigger signing on fees that we can only dream of matching which players naturally accept. What we have is a board of directors that will stretch our finances to the limit, a coaching team that will get the best out of players who have the privilege of pulling a Batley shirt on and supporters who live in the real world.
We have punched well above our weight and expectations over a number of seasons and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future no matter how many players decide to seek allegedly greener pastures.

+1

Great post John.

#51 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

firstly I commented on GF not likely to tear up a contract and secondly stating a new player coming in was a good replacement....then all hell broke loose ...how dare I know something someone else didn't ?...the god damn  heek of it !!

Then some clown named Coyle amongst others started getting abusive. Look back at the thread and see who started you imbecile. 

and what have you achieved my friend ? I have never been on a forum with so many bitches,

Well I've done just that and looked back at who started throwing the insults first and lo and behold it was you, DOHHHHHHHHHHH

kitchen fitting ? where did that one come from ???
listen, I have better things to do with my time than argue facts with a 'straw plucker'
...Terminater my booty....

Edited by Gary Coyle, 07 August 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#52 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Are you for real?

Moderators
Should this person be allowed to post?

#53 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Are you for real?

Moderators
Should this person be allowed to post?

If he was racist rather than ageist there would, no doubt, be a reaction by the moderators. Perhaps it is considered acceptable to ridicule the views, or question the intellect, of someone simply because they are middle-aged.  The law, however, says otherwise.

#54 gittinsfan

gittinsfan
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Unfortunately I think some people [maybe the younger ones]don't appreciate some of the misery some of us suffered in the 60's and 70's.

I remember one season winning the first two games and then losing the next fifteen.

A 1st round cup  win at Halifax [johnny Freeman et al] made up for the rest of the season.

The season after a 1st round win at Hull K R was the same.

Trailing over the Pennines every other week [before the M62] just to get hammered all the time.

Some memories stand out : George Standedge clobbering Alex Murphy at warrington is one.A 9 all draw at St Helens is another.

I know ageism can be a problem,but nobody can take away the good and bad memories from us old codgers.

The good ones far outweigh the bad ones.

#55 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

My dear old Granny died Sept 1968 on a Saturday morning.My biggest concern was we were playing Hull at the Boulevard in the afternoon and we had booked our places on the supporters bus.Even though we lost (Gittins scored our try) I am sure the old dear would have understood our predicament.

#56 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm 26 and I also think he's rather pathetic, if that helps.

All posters who give it the big 'ITK' spiel usually are.

Posted Image

#57 phildog

phildog
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

In reply to last leek post, I'm sure either The Batley News or RL press said that he had been offered terms also for next season, maybe the club could clear this up for us?

#58 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Nicholson looked a decent player playing behind a beaten pack for Barrow today. I would be happy to start with Nicholson and Leek covering the hookers  role next season.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#59 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I would prefer Leek and Flanagan

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#60 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

I would prefer Leek and Flanagan

+1.