Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wales vs New Zealand - World Cup warm up?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

http://www.yorkshire...urish-1-5880862

Was just reading through this article, and one quote jumped out immediately.

“The more Super League I can play the better and hopefully I can get selected for the (Wales’) friendly against New Zealand."

Seems strange as NZ are already playing the cooks at Doncaster aren't they?

#2 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

http://www.yorkshire...urish-1-5880862

Was just reading through this article, and one quote jumped out immediately.

“The more Super League I can play the better and hopefully I can get selected for the (Wales’) friendly against New Zealand."

Seems strange as NZ are already playing the cooks at Doncaster aren't they?

Interesting. Not heard anything about this. Wales certainly do need a warm up game and guess this would be a very tough warm up match for them, something they'll definitely need to run Italy close on the opening day.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#3 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

News to me, was expecting it to be Ireland again, big step in class of opposition if that is the case.

Cardiff Demons ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc
Cardiff Spartans ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/southcoastspartans

Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth! BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS......!

#4 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Any news on the Welsh Warm up game and will there be anything on the weekend of 13th October ?

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#5 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I was reading an article about the NZ v Cooks game the other day, and it said that the problem both sides had in arranging a warm up game was a stipulation by the RLWC organisers that any warm up could not be between two nations in the same group, or who might meet later in the tournament. No mention of any other game for NZ other than the Cooks.

#6 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

a stipulation by the RLWC organisers that any warm up could not be between two nations in the same group, or who might meet later in the tournament.

Surely that means you can't play any other team in the tournament. There must be a route where any two teams can meet between the group stages and the final (however unlikely)