RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood or Hulme
Lupton
Connor
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack if fit
Olstrom

Callum
Acton
Thackray
Shackley

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood or Hulme
Lupton
Connor
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack if fit
Olstrom

Callum
Acton
Thackray
Shackley

no rooney? connor at halfback? and 2 days ago you were saying calders was awful. now hes in your starting 13.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood or Hulme
Lupton
Connor
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack if fit
Olstrom

Callum
Acton
Thackray
Shackley

Hulme to centre and Mossop on the wing for me. Also why not try Connor as Matty's replacement and put Callum at 7. I think Connor has a good passing game and I'm sure he could scoot from dummy half as well with his chunky frame. I would also change the props around by putting Thacks on with Dowes and keep Coward and Acton to replace them after 20 mins.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

briscoe,flynn,connor,rooney,mossop,luppy,callum,dowes,matty,acton,stack,phillips,olstrum. subs, coward,thacks,shacks,morris.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

no rooney? connor at halfback? and 2 days ago you were saying calders was awful. now hes in your starting 13.

I wouldn't but I'm not keen with Mossop on the wing but I also put calders or Hulme. if Hulme was made available and we were offered him he would be in over Calderwood In my opinion

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'd like to see acton on from the start.

#7 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

My team BRISCOE FLYNN CONNER ROONEY MOSSOP  LUPTON CALLUM DOWES MATTY COWARD BRETT STACKY OLSTRUM  CARTER ACTON THACKARY SHACKLEY,think we badly need callum back at scrum half.

#8 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Connor
Mossop
Hulme
Lupton
Callum
Dowes
Matty
Thackray
Phillips
Stack
Olstrom

Acton
Coward
Morris
Shacks

#9 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Briscoe
Miller
Connor
Rooney
Mossop
Lupton
Phillips
Coward
Olstrum
Dowes
Shacks
Phillips
Stack

Acton
Thacks
DualReg forward
Carter,if ok.

Carter on the bench to cover FB or 6.

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Oh Miller will be banned so...Hulme in

#11 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

So apart from miller we should have a full fit squad if I'm correct

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

Briscoe
Miller
Connor
Rooney
Mossop
Lupton
Phillips
Coward
Olstrum
Dowes
Shacks
Phillips
Stack

Acton
Thacks
DualReg forward
Carter,if ok.

Carter on the bench to cover FB or 6.

Don't think brett carter will be back for hunslet if he has a torn a bicep

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

I forgot about Rooney so him in the centre for Hulme.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Got to do something about Acton and Thacks being on the bench together . Just watched the Batley DVD , and like yesterday and a few other occasions they gave us our best go forward and momentum . Wasted having them benched together at the get go . Hulme and another in the centre , don't care who as they're all equally ineffective ...( half of which is due to their awful service ) . Rooney has played a couple of halves now and looks way off really , so dont know about him in a strike position yet , but heh ho he cant do any worse . Next year is the one for him , he'll be a real asset after an offseason .Don't know what to do with Connor , he kicks goals but is largely anonymous otherwise ? If we have a full back and a scrum half we have a chance anywhere from now . We have a real chance in these next four games if all our gun players are on board , there certainly not games to fear anyway .
Briscoe , Connor , Hulme , Carter , Calderwood , Lupton , Craven , Thacks , Matty , Coward , Stack , Brett , Olstrum. ( Callum , Shackley , Walne , Widnes forward ) . Obviously Callum at 7 if no Craven about . Red or Rooney to the bench .

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Rooney has played a couple of halfs out of position so its a bit harsh to say he's way off

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Way off full match sharpness to play 80 in the centre ( At the level he can i mean ) . After his trauma and with his long term worth I'd be easing him in bit by bit . Anything this year is an investment for next . He's got the potential to be a gun player for us next season . Anything I say about him is from a perspective of rating him massively . He's been out a long long long time , steady as she goes with the hard work of staying up being done by the team already

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#17 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

We badly need callum at scrum half that is his best position and i think thats where he likes to play,and  we see the best of lupton,

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

I guess having won at Batley you can certainly go to Hunslet with confidence . They'll be up for it with the desperation of needing points , so we'll have to match that attitude .

#19 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Peter Lupton remarked last week after the Sheffield game that Rooney is a good player and was impressed by his effort after a long lay off.

#20 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

surprised to see him playing at loose forward on Sunday ? the guys just come back from a big lay off and they put him in the pack ? be better off leaving him out in the centres , at least out there he wont have to do much considering the amount of ball they get from the halves  :download:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users