Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#241 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

We were winning right until Miller again decides he likes the colour of the refs cards - will he ever learn??
At the end of the day we get a BP, time to get it sorted for Wed now.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#242 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Not happy either, we should be nailing these teams when getting in front, no easy games in this league, has the win at Batley took too much out of us ??

#243 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Eh - happy with a bonus point? With all the duel reg world beaters? They're bottom of the league !!! They haven't won in 12 bloody games

Was your lad not playing today then Townfan10? DR world beaters!!! Who is saying anything like that other than you? You really do come out with some crass remarks. Okay we got beat and your lad didn't play but I'm sure we have lost when he has in the past, whoever he is ?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#244 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Dissapointed! What was Miller thinking.###### sake. We cant dwell on this anyways we have a big game on Wed.

Come on Town!!!

#245 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Was your lad not playing today then Townfan10? DR world beaters!!! Who is saying anything like that other than you? You really do come out with some crass remarks. Okay we got beat and your lad didn't play but I'm sure we have lost when he has in the past, whoever he is ?

Lets see if we can get a different half back partnership out in each of the next 4 games shall we... Ha ha see ow far this gets us....

#246 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Eh - happy with a bonus point? With all the duel reg world beaters? They're bottom of the league !!! They haven't won in 12 bloody games

Your right!! I bet carl forber would have won it for us! We missed his defence and breaking the line today.

#247 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

You're obsessed with half back combos . What about attitude , brain explosions , forward passes , knock ons , giving leads up , struggling to win , inconsistency etc . You think all we have to do is play Forber and someone else every game , make them live together in a tent outside the ground , make sure they know each other inside out , and we'll be top .

#248 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ha I'm not arsed if we forber doesn't play it can be craven or whoever but it needs to be the same every week - then you might see an improvement in our attack - then we might be in a winning position in games - thus easing pressure - meaning these things might happen a little less - I'm not just on about craven today being duel reg - none of them can have been all that hot - it's a good job we picked up those wins on the road at dews/ Batley - less we would have been looking over our shoulders .....

###### poor today I'm afraid - we have waited for tomorrow too much this season - if it goes to script keighley will turn us over -no way we should have lost today with that team - but we've said this before a few times haven't we....

#249 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

We did get into a winning position , despite ourselves as per usual . ' no way should we lose with that team ' .. Oh yes we've said it far to often . So the problem is obviuosly more than the team sheet then . We shouldn't be content with getting a BP in these games , but our big guns don't seem to be able to do the job ? You measure team sheets and I just get bemused . There's potential and there's consistent reality , and between is a big gap .

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#250 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

So according to you we have lost because we have DR players in the team!! Nothing to do with players consistently dropping balls, yellow card for a player, maybe not sticking to the gameplan or even not being able to adjust when the gameplan isn't working, then? And what about giving some credit to Hunslet who are fighting for their survival not just to avoid relegation?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#251 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Keighleys win today was a bit of a freak result for them although they deserve credit we have the players to beat them. They are the ones having to travel up here midweek on a quick turnaround.

#252 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

We have the players to beat them ... Them ... Them ... Them and Them ! That's the point , we often don't and could you say with certainly we were definitely gonna beat anyone . With us you just turn up or listen in and see what you get . At home at least you'd hope for a performance with good periods that gives you a more than even chance to win , but teams are targeting us now as much as the other way , as Noble said on Thursday .

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#253 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Doncaster drawing at Halifax today have now become favourites for that 6th place. Dewsbury failed to get a point at Fevand we have a game in hand of them and Haven.

#254 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

So according to you we have lost because we have DR players in the team!! Nothing to do with players consistently dropping balls, yellow card for a player, maybe not sticking to the gameplan or even not being able to adjust when the gameplan isn't working, then? And what about giving some credit to Hunslet who are fighting for their survival not just to avoid relegation?

So changing the team every week is helping us Keith is it ? Jesus Christ!!

#255 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Doncaster have been the team of this league for me . Play to the maximum of their resources , do the basics , be hard to beat , and performing whoever they play most of the time

#256 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

We have the players to beat them ... Them ... Them ... Them and Them ! That's the point , we often don't and could you say with certainly we were definitely gonna beat anyone . With us you just turn up or listen in and see what you get .

No I couldnt david but as we know home advantage is usually massive in this league and we are a different team at home like most in the bottom 9 in the league. We will have to be up for it and hopefully stack and carter back

#257 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Steady team donny ,they keep mistakes to a minimum ,and cooke guides them round the park.

Edited by bomber is god, 11 August 2013 - 04:27 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#258 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Keighleys win today was a bit of a freak result for them although they deserve credit we have the players to beat them. They are the ones having to travel up here midweek on a quick turnaround.

Just spoken to a shavenite who was at the wreck and shaven were terrible, the worst they have ever played etc etc, so nowt to do with keithly being on fire.So business as usual on weds hopefully

#259 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

When stacky doesn't play neither do town. The championship league will be even tougher next season - we need to strengthen, espeically in the backs.

#260 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Were we in the lead when Miller got binned ?