TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#261 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yes we were, was he binned for interfering with a restart? If so then it was a stupid yellow.

#262 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

So changing the team every week is helping us Keith is it ? Jesus Christ!!

Well we tried knackering our players with 3 games in 8 days and that didn't work either did it? So, now what do you suggest?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#263 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just spoken to a shavenite who was at the wreck and shaven were terrible, the worst they have ever played etc etc, so nowt to do with keithly being on fire.So business as usual on weds hopefully

keighley done everything right made no mistakes at all cant blame the ref their forwards where on top jones and march both outstanding and their overlap play got them 5 or 6 tries but im sure you lot wil turn them over

#264 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

If that's right dkw then that is an automatic yellow.your right . Neither incident can be put on Merrick if so

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#265 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

So changing the team every week is helping us Keith is it ? Jesus Christ!!

Your right, we should definitely have played all the same players in the last few weeks. No way would they have been knackered

#266 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just spoken to a shavenite who was at the wreck and shaven were terrible, the worst they have ever played etc etc, so nowt to do with keithly being on fire.So business as usual on weds hopefully

yes I just spoke to a haven fan too says haven were dire and kells would have beat them.still gotta acknowledge what keighley have done up here today but we can win if we play well. I will be very happy if we come top of the pile in cumbria given we were 7 points adrift of them lot recently. Then rebuild for next season

#267 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well done to Keighley .Anyone who comes up here and does that deserves big credit .

#268 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

I understand the settled team reasoning, but with all the fixtures we have played recently we haven't had much choice. We have the worst attack in the division so it's something to sort for next season.
As for haven it just shows how reliant they have been on their DR players, it seems since Swift has been in the Saints squad they have floundered a bit. Luckily they are safe from the mire at the bottom but its a poor end to the season for them.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#269 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Winning and looking good until Elliot got carded, Hunslet may have been bottom but they aren't a bad side, as I said earlier they have run a few good sides close and probably have more bonus points than anyone. I would have taken a bonus point before the game but I'm disappointed we didn't take 3 points, it's so frustrating the amount of times we turn the ball over early in the tackle count, at one point we turned it over on the first tackle 3 times in a 5 minute spell.

If we play to our potential we can deffo take 9 points from our next 3 games which would probably give us a finish above haven which I'm sure we would have all took when leaving the wreck a few weeks ago. All 3 will be tough but we can do it. I reckon todays bonus point makes us safe which takes some pressure off us (team and fans ) well done lads.

UP THE TOWN

#270 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

The personnel can change but the errors are endemic , and they hurt . We need to strengthen yes but even more so we need to be slicker whoever pulls the shirt on .

#271 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Everyone would love a settled team, playing well and winning week after week but you can only play with the cards you get dealt. Because of circumstances outside of our control, i.e Keighlye match postponed and them refusing to play midweek of that week and Sheffield reaching the Challenge Cup quarter finals, we were landed with playing 7 games in 26 days.

Super League teams or even Premiership soccer teams would/could not play that many games without some sort of rotation of players so without DR players we would have had some very battered and wounded bodies to care for. Whether that upsets some players or not it is in the best interests of the players welfare and we have to accept that.

Edited by Keith T, 11 August 2013 - 05:27 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#272 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

with only 9 points left available and hunslet 7 points behind we should be safe. york have 4 games left with us 9 points above and they play each other next week. so it would take a freak incident for us to go down now.a win on wednesday and were mathmatically safe. and we would have all ripped someones arm off to be safe with 3 to go at the start of the year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#273 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

with only 9 points left available and hunslet 7 points behind we should be safe. york have 4 games left with us 9 points above and they play each other next week. so it would take a freak incident for us to go down now.a win on wednesday and were mathmatically safe. and we would have all ripped someones arm off to be safe with 3 to go at the start of the year.

Too right mate

#274 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Rugby league is a hard physical game there are very few clubs that can field the same team 2 weeks running never mind for a longish spell,and players need a rest even in super league just look at wigan at the moment,

#275 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

You guys must have been hungover from stacks wedding on Friday. Massive game at the raiders next week.

Edited by bangbang, 11 August 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#276 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

You guys must have been hungover from stacks wedding on Friday. Massive game at the raiders next week.

yes and lord knows how it will go given how hit and miss the raiders are at the moment and our dodgy away form

#277 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

We don't have any form away from craven park.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#278 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

We should of had the free points today, I will take the point but we really should've of had the 3 points. The first half was bad getting upto there line but didn't have a clue when it come to last tackle play or anything. The coaches really need to work on getting the ball along the line quicker and why we took Acton off why we were on top is beyond me he was playing really well and didn't want to go off

#279 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Acton said to me after the game he was very frustrated with being taken off when he was because he had another 10minutes left in him and when we questioned his future he said town haven't offered him a contract but leigh have and also offered his family a home as its only 5 mile away. momentum changer

James Coyle pulled the hunslet team around the field today, creating 3 tries..different player

#280 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

First time this season we had no dr good to see an all Hunslet side hope u all had a safe trip home I'm sure your safe and today have us a chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users