Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#281 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

We should have known Coyle would come back to haunt us lol.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#282 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Gutted we lost but after a terrible first half performance I thought we could have pulled away and I'm still miffed by the referee stopping 3 tries which would have pulled us away but saying that I can't fault James coyles performance especially in the first half he looked a very good half back with a team playing off him, I could see why town did take the chance on him but it didn't pay off and good luck to him!! And march he does his job taking all of the flack from the other players which is annoying but effective!!
Main thing is we put this right on Wednesday, dowes and Connor put in sons great work today Connor especially in the disallowed tries and there final try was a stroke of luck off the post but its always a case u get some or it screws ya

Up the town down with cougars
Well done the hawks

#283 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

We really need to learn how to score as we are the worst attacking team in the division with the lowest points "For". Why do players like James Coyle come to Town and do nothing for us then we see them at other clubs and they can be "world" beaters!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#284 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Disappointed we didn't get the  win today, thought with the team we were putting out we would have had to much for them, but they are battling for every point as are a few teams so anything can happen at this stage of the season, bet the best team in rugby league didn't expect to have 50odd points put on them either ;)  ;) . Would hope to get all 3 on wed, I would start with Acton and Thacks, and try to get a good roll going, the cougars will be up for this you can bet. Very silly of Miller to get ten mins seemed like it cost town the match.

If the cracks I am hearing are right I cant see Acton here next season, unless Town start digging deep. real pity to as oggy told me when we signed him he would be the real deal but you never no tho.

Lets get that win on Wednesday lads.

#285 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

It's pretty clear he's the real deal , and if he isn't either in SL or in a side with SL ambitions I'll be very surprised . If he's here I'll be doing cartwheels because he's only getting better and more adjusted to the game . That's the paradox Keith ... We get seduced by tasty looking team sheets , but supposedly far less capable ones seem to be able to produce a more compact and consistent game than us ?

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#286 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

How do other clubs talk to players at other clubs before the 1st September deadline? But surely we should have had a contract ready for Acton to sign by now for we have all seen his input this season!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#287 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

and breath boys !!!!!

Okay no result today but instead of hammerring your own guys have a look at the opposition. 

They dominated the first half, their pack was exceptional lead by a fat #### who used to play superleague , I hate the fat ###### but today was do or die fo rthem and they got up for it . Best player on the park by a country mile was Yates and Coyle had a field day on the back o fhis work. 

As for DR well Townfan10  they where the best of a pick from the town side.

I cant condone what happenend with Miller but for gods sake we shouldnt just fold.

I personally think that you got the interchanges wrong today  when we went ahead they should have thrown everything at them but we make changes and loose the momentum straight away .My mate lost £500 at 11/8 on your boys today but was still positive about the team - ###### knows what he sees , cause I just see one out rugby with no support at the moment ( sorry ) 

Edited by wonderofwood, 11 August 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#288 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

People have mentioned substitutions before if I recall in other games ? Someone put 500 Nelsons on Town ??? How long have you known mr Abramovich ???!!!

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#289 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Town and haven double are what a lot of people I had spoken too were tipping and we both go nothing

#290 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Just spoken to a shavenite who was at the wreck and shaven were terrible, the worst they have ever played etc etc, so nowt to do with keithly being on fire.So business as usual on weds hopefully

All is not well down the road, so it seems.... Sounded more like a team not wanting to play for the coach.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#291 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

People have mentioned substitutions before if I recall in other games ? Someone put 500 Nelsons on Town ??? How long have you known mr Abramovich ???!!!

ha ha - he likes a bet and TBF at 11/8 I thought he was on to a good thing - not sure his wife thought so hahaha

#292 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

All is not well down the road, so it seems.... Sounded more like a team not wanting to play for the coach.

I, just wish Coxy could have been there to witness it :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Seems like they are wanting all the travellers out (that would leave about 4 locals!!) and are now wanting Greggs chief taster out and Seedsy back in. No doubt BKM will have the reason why they were stuffed at home and why they are still the world champs :laugh:  

#293 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

How do we know what Leigh have offered Acton. Maybe we can't match it and I'd be amazed if town could get him somewhere to live!

#294 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

How do we know what Leigh have offered Acton. Maybe we can't match it and I'd be amazed if town could get him somewhere to live!

I talked to Acton after the Fev match and he told me what Leigh were offering, but he also said if Town matched it he would be happy to stay.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#295 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

with only 9 points left available and hunslet 7 points behind we should be safe. york have 4 games left with us 9 points above and they play each other next week. so it would take a freak incident for us to go down now.a win on wednesday and were mathmatically safe. and we would have all ripped someones arm off to be safe with 3 to go at the start of the year.

Indeed "should be" but if Hunslet best York.... Haven't looked at each teams remaining matches yet but I suspect 33 points maybe roundabout the bottom points score. Weds will be tough and little chance of recovery for our players. We're not clear just yet!

#296 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Indeed "should be" but if Hunslet best York.... Haven't looked at each teams remaining matches yet but I suspect 33 points maybe roundabout the bottom points score. Weds will be tough and little chance of recovery for our players. We're not clear just yet!

surely were good enough to win at least 1 of the remaining 4 games, and at the very least we should be able to pick up 3 bonus points. i think well win on wednesday then we can all stop panicking. and after watching york against swinton, if we cant beat them next thursday after theyve had a long travel then we deserve to be in trouble. well be fine im positive of that.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#297 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hunslet still gotta play sheffield and fev so i would guess them and york are doomed reckon it,ll be donny 6th then town then us or dewsbury for 8th spot 

#298 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Maybe teams want to go down ... Get up again in an easier environment for the league restructuring while us in our league are in a real cutthroat position !!!

#299 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Maybe teams want to go down ... Get up again in an easier environment for the league restructuring while us in our league are in a real cutthroat position !!!

I dont think any teams that get relegated can come back up for 2 seasons might be wrong though 

#300 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I don't think we are going to be in the mix for relegation and if we are then we would deserve it from our current position and games to play. However with Doncaster playing so well I do think that they will get 6th place which means that if we make the play-offs we would be away to Batley or Doncaster. Had we managed a win yesterday I would have fancied our chances of 6th place and a home draw in one play-off match but the best I can see us getting now would be 7th and an away trip to Doncaster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users