Team for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

My sentiments exactly. I wouldn't say 2 games out of position in the pack against the top 2 teams in the league is easing you back in....

#22 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Once carter is back would like to give him a try in the centres

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Agreed ! Ease him back in the role Red had earlier in the season , off the bench as wide cover . Look what Karl does as a loose forward , tough to say to Rooney after 18 months ' they you go , do that ! ' . He looked way off doing that ,but that's understandable !!!! He's a centre / second row , and with him back its difficult to see a place for Red in the long term . Olstrum is the glue that holds our pack together , we need him ready to go . Play Red at centre if Carters gonna be out a while , and Rooney can find his feet coming on for spells in the centre and move Red into the forwards during then ? Either way its gonna be like a new signing next year . We still need a new strike centre signing though hopefully .

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

That's worth a shot Scott I agree . Carter and Miller together even .

#25 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

We could do with working on getting the ball across the line qicker that gives the likes of miller and Flynn the space to run

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

surprised to see him playing at loose forward on Sunday ? the guys just come back from a big lay off and they put him in the pack ? be better off leaving him out in the centres , at least out there he wont have to do much considering the amount of ball they get from the halves :download:

think DR was at 13 as we were down to the bare bones but he did well put a few big hits in against a big strong team I'm just glad to see him back he will be a top performer next season

#27 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

We could do with working on getting the ball across the line qicker that gives the likes of miller and Flynn the space to run

we got a master class in how quick to pass the ball yesterday. Thats the way to do it and thats the intensity levels needed to do well in this league.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Right again Scott but that's down to the quality of players in the key creative areas . We may not have the best outside backs , but they get very little good ball and zero space to show whatever they have . How often do you see an overlap , or a centre off a shift scything through ? We've worked a lot on defence , come the preseason we need to put lots of work into our attack . I hope we get a quality half at one end of the equation , and a quality outside back at the other end . We're just two or three backs in key areas from a sharper team . Quick passing beats any players legs , and class passers make their runners look very dangerous . Another thing we saw yesterday is that modern rugby league is a game where last tackle kicks are the primary attacking force . You see that every week in the NRL and SL . Five strong drives and then try and score off a kick . If you're good at it it's a hell of a weapon that's nearly impossible to defend against .

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#29 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rooney was at 13 so he could get involved as and when he wanted - as much or as little - obvious place to play him in his comeback .

Who's on holiday this week?

#30 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

We badly need callum at scrum half that is his best position and i think thats where he likes to play,and we see the best of lupton,

Callum just likes to play rugby i think he's better at hooker but towns best team at the minute needs him at 7 as he's the best option we have and needs a settled role instead of changing from one game to the next
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#31 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

You can't choose when to and not to get involved at 13 when the team is constantly defending. You HAVE to get involved regardless of whether you want to or not.

#32 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Three points to you this week and NO bonus points thanks and good luck

#33 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'll go along with that Riggy lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#34 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

###### off, we wont do something just because you ask. we will lose and be happy with it.....oh hang on.......erm......yeah ok, we`ll do whatever you ask. :tongue:

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I hope you are right Riggy. This is the first of 4 games in 11 days for us after having just played 3 of the top 5 in 8 days. Full-time SL players don't get asked to do that!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#36 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Ridiculous when the Keighley game should've been scheduled immediately after the postponed fixture.

We now end up suffering towards the end of the season just because Keighley didn't fancy coming up midweek (despite the fact we had to go there midweek) and the RFL didn't have the balls to make them.

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Ridiculous when the Keighley game should've been scheduled immediately after the postponed fixture.

We now end up suffering towards the end of the season just because Keighley didn't fancy coming up midweek (despite the fact we had to go there midweek) and the RFL didn't have the balls to make them.

a bonus point on sunday, a win vs the cougars and were safe with plenty to spare.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#38 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think we're safe anyway although not mathematically. Hunslet still have to play York and Swinton still have to play Barrow and they can't both win. A couple of home wins should see us in the play offs though.

#39 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Just make sure you make them pay dearly by at least a 40 point drubbing :)

#40 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Interesting to see how well the Coyle boys play on Sunday. James has been a regular since his move.

Edited by Supporter, 07 August 2013 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users