RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

When Will Broughy Go Missing

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

MacNamara apologists pointed to Danny Broughs make beleive propensity to go missing at the end of a season as the reason why he wasn't included in the 40 man England train on squad. Yet from round one to round 22 so far he's shown himself to be the best halfback in the Northern Hemisphere and one of the best in the world, but not good enough to force his way into a 40 man squad according to MacNamara, REALLY?

After outplaying everyone else, Sinfield, Chase, Myler, McGuire, Ratchford, Smith he should no doubt about it, be the England Scrum Half for the World Cup.
He's likely to win the 2013 Man of Steel such has been his dominance of 2013s Rugby League scene!

As the season rolls on it becomes more and more clear that MacNamara has monumentally F'd Up and he should be made once and for all to answer the question why he ignored Danny Brough. If as I suspect it was his own personality clash that's robbed England of a star player then he needs to step aside because that's not acceptable.

Please don't come back with the excuse that Brough chose Scotland over England because we all know that happened because he was being publicly disrespected and privately messed about on purpose with the sole aim of *!sding him off.

The more I see Danny Brough ripping the SL up the angrier I get with MacNamara

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

It's frustrating I know, but we have to get on with it. I'd of love to have seen him playing for England, but it's never going to happen. We just have to support the team, that's all we can do.

#3 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

More clubs than Tiger Woods.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#4 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

If people believe the reason he is not in because he goes missing at the end of the season, well I'd suggest that that point has not yet been resolved.

For Hudds to win the GF they are going to have to play well in the next 7 games - we should probably put this one to bed at that point.

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Where was he when Hudds played Warrington the other week?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Where he usually is playing behind a beaten pack when he plays the WIRE.
He has not got the better of Myler when playing against him in the last two seasons, although I do admit he has been outstanding

#7 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Where was he when Hudds played Warrington the other week?

Probably the same place that Lee Briers was during the Challenge Cup semi, that doesn't detract from either of them being class players.

That was a poor argument really!

#8 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Probably the same place that Lee Briers was during the Challenge Cup semi, that doesn't detract from either of them being class players.

That was a poor argument really!

I only knew he had a bad game cause Chris Irvine didn't mention him on twitter...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

MacNamara apologists pointed to Danny Broughs make beleive propensity to go missing at the end of a season as the reason why he wasn't included in the 40 man England train on squad. Yet from round one to round 22 so far he's shown himself to be the best halfback in the Northern Hemisphere and one of the best in the world, but not good enough to force his way into a 40 man squad according to MacNamara, REALLY?

After outplaying everyone else, Sinfield, Chase, Myler, McGuire, Ratchford, Smith he should no doubt about it, be the England Scrum Half for the World Cup.
He's likely to win the 2013 Man of Steel such has been his dominance of 2013s Rugby League scene!

As the season rolls on it becomes more and more clear that MacNamara has monumentally F'd Up and he should be made once and for all to answer the question why he ignored Danny Brough. If as I suspect it was his own personality clash that's robbed England of a star player then he needs to step aside because that's not acceptable.

Please don't come back with the excuse that Brough chose Scotland over England because we all know that happened because he was being publicly disrespected and privately messed about on purpose with the sole aim of *!sding him off.

The more I see Danny Brough ripping the SL up the angrier I get with MacNamara

What's done is done. A positive in this is that Scotland have Brough and a NRL player as their halves and some other decent heritage players. They could be a surprise dark horse to make the semis. I will be at Workington to see a Scotland game against a Pacific Island team and, with Brough pulling the strings it could be a fascinating contest with either team capable of winning. I would encourage residents of West Cumbria to lend their support to the two fixtures there to see one of the best halfbacks in the world weave his magic, after watching he pre match haka and other festivities. Could be a great day/evening out.

The other fixture involves Scotland v Italy, not far off being an Australian 2nd team. That should be well worth seeing also. let's see if Brough is as good as advertised against NRL strength defences.

#10 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Brough normally goes missing in the same games as the rest of his team mates go missing! Huddersfield don't seem to be doing that too much this year.

#11 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

So long as they don't bloody go missing on Friday I don't care :P

Brough has finally found a coach, team and club where he has been able to develop into the player he always had the potential to be, and captain

Just like Briers under Tony Smith really. Shame it took both players so long to find a coach to be able to bring out their best.

If we still played as GB I'd argue Brough at 6 and Briers at 7 would be something special to see for the Lions

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Widdop is better than Briers IMO although would be a great combination with both players having acts on sheer genius in their play.

#13 7723

• Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm hopeful Brough will go missing on Friday. If he has a good game I can only see one winner.

#14 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Has this thread been edited????? :rtfm: :buba:

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well its now early august and him and his present club usually wind up their season around this time anyway

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

He'll go missing at about 20:10 on Friday night

#17 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well its now early august and him and his present club usually wind up their season around this time anyway

It's usually earlier than that.

Edited by TBC, 06 August 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#18 raceman

raceman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

You've got to be joking haven't you?? It was usually April/Easter during the Brown Regime.

• fieldofclothofgold likes this

#19 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Exactly
Under NB the wheels had well and truly fallen off by Magic Weekend

With signs of hope a few weeks out from the playoffs that were soon dashed (qv. Saints currently)

Brough hasn't gone missing yet this season.
But he has been let down by his team mates

It's up to them to perform on Friday

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Intriging fixture on Friday
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users