TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Gentle still to go?

Is RL turning into soccer?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Just noticed this and thought "Oh No"!

Whilst any sport is results driven, shouldn't coaches be given more time to get things right?

Soccer is farcical in the massive turnover in managers and I wonder if that's happening in RL.

Fans need to be more patient imo and give the coaches a chance - surely changing every year or 2 will mean a club never gets into a "steady rhythm" and settled.

I hope this isn't true as I think Gentle will get the consistency into Hull FC.

Story here........  http://www.dailystar...-will-be-sacked

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#2 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

So this 'story' appears a few days before a derby and a couple of weeks before the Challenge Cup final.

A cynic might question the source.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#3 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

If Gentle did go and Hull ended up with Neil Henry, I reckon it would be a good bit of business.

#4 Mrs Faithful

Mrs Faithful
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

So this 'story' appears a few days before a derby and a couple of weeks before the Challenge Cup final.

A cynic might question the source.

I Agree

#5 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Are you suggesting the source is a kr fan or a wire fan?

#6 Mrs Faithful

Mrs Faithful
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

There is a possibility? who knows or someone just wanting to upset the camp.

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Are you suggesting the source is a kr fan or a wire fan?

Wire?!?!

Wigan more like... :ph34r:

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#8 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Think your missing my main point (although being an FC fan I can understand why!), which is do coaches get enough time to stamp their mark on a club and get the team moving in the right direction?

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#9 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Pearson doesn't seem to understand that Hull FC wouldn't be Hull FC if they didn't have at least 10 first teamers out for a period each season. Every Hull coach has that to deal with.
In answer to the OP's question, Pearson is a soccer man so his reaction may be as if he were still in that game.
IMO Gentle should stay and be allowed to develop the squad.
Pearson should be asking advice as to how to get more quality from the Hull area into the club and the first team. Not many Hull born lads in their squad and it's a massive Rugby League city. That would have far nmore long term benefit for the club than sacking another Aussie coach.
He's managed to get rid of McRae so just leave it at that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users