RL MEMORIAL STATUE AT WEMBLEY

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned on another thread,but ive just heard on LBC news RL! wow my ears sprang up."Its just been announced that the Memorial statue commemorating the history of rugby league at Wembley stadium has been postponed.It had been originally planned to be unveiled at the RLWC.Now the 2014 CC final is being targeted.I wonder what this old up is?I thought it was strange RL getting a mention on LBC

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

It was mentioned in the League Weekly this week and I believe the delay is down to authorities not being able to agree a suitable position for the sculpture.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

These things take time and usually entail a delay. Best to get it right though, so next year's cup final will do for me.

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

These things take time and usually entail a delay. Best to get it right though, so next year's cup final will do for me.

It was a surprise though hearing RL news on LBC
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

Any update on this? haven't heard it mentioned in ages cant find any news this year!

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Martin Offiah had a sitting for it on 18/03, but nothing since then. I've just asked on twitter

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Martin Offiah had a sitting for it on 18/03, but nothing since then. I've just asked on twitter

Somewhere in Lancashire perhaps?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users