• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Signed from Hull KR on a two year deal.

I'm pretty happy, I know he's had a rough time with injuries throughout his career but he looked impressive against Wigan on Friday when he made a positive impact coming off the bench. He looked aggressive and didn't waste any time getting stuck in. Hopefully his injury problems are behind him and his career can kick on with us.

#2 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hopefully his injury problems are behind him and his career can kick on with us.

Which part of 'signs for Saints' gave you this hope

#3 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I don't know anything about the lad but glad to see another British prop added to the Saints squad.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#4 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Did well on Friday not sure he issuing to be a very good player though at 25 he has only just started getting into kr team bit to late

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Did well on Friday not sure he issuing to be a very good player though at 25 he has only just started getting into kr team bit to late

Walmsley is 23 and only just playing Superleague so 25 isn't that much older, for a prop, to get going in Superleague.

I've no idea what he looks like, never mind what kind of player he is, but I am very concerned about his injury record, which I have read about.  We have already experienced three years of a prop hardly playing thanks to injury plus a halfback never there thanks to injury.  The last thing we need is another player who is hardly going to feature as a result of injury.  Hopefully, though, he will be through all that and will be able to give us some aggression up front next season.

#6 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

He's a bit of a gamble but I'm ok with that. My main concern is that much like Walmsley and Masoe he seems to have been used as an impact prop this season, so it's going to be interesting to see how our rotations work next year. We could probably still use another prop with a big engine.

#7 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Good, honest, hard working prop. He doesn't have injury problems though.

#8 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

So what if he is 25? There are plenty of players who are 25+ who could make it in SL in the lower leagues. Saints are also looking at Scott McAvoy at Whitehaven. We are too quick to get rid of players in this game due to age. Some players develop later or some have injuries when they are young. It doesn't mean they are not good enough to play in SL. I have no idea if Beaumont will cut the mustard at Saints but I am glad the club are looking at British players along with those from the Championships rather than solely relying on our own Academy and more importantly overseas.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#9 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Potentially a good signing for Saints. 25 is still relatively young for a prop and most dont start to reach their peak until their late 20's. There's one thing for sure he can't be any worse than pudding Perry and he will be on a damn sight less money as well.

The Saints pack is shaping up quite nicely for next year with props of Masoe, Walmsley, Laffranchi, Beaumont, LMS, Clough and youngsters like Richards & Tilley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users