Batley sunday

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

will be a great pity if the same team carnt play this week every man played as a team.Haggerty lead the team around the pitch (something we have needed all season)

what a difference a full back makes,no disrespect to the guys who have played there out of position

hope we can keep most of the guys for next season and the locals just get better,

who needs floodlights when these guys can light up the pitch

#2 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

As nest season is sooooo damn important, could we the fans do anything to help the club, would anyone be willing to pay a fiver / tenner a month to a players fund to keep our best players and possibly add a few excellent players to increase the healthy competition for places.

I would.  

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

I would as well Mick

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

I would...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm in.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#6 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

This is a great idea . I've heard of other clubs having a supporters club purely to pay a players wage why not have a word with Pete murphy ? He's the new commercial manager , maybe he can come up with some kind of scheme ? I'm defo in!

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

The supporters club ran a similar exercise 10 years ago. Freddy Zitter among others were paid by this means. Surely somebody  else can remember this.

Posted Image

#8 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

wonder if we can persuade Ben Hellewell to sign? if the players see we are up for strenghening the squad we will keep our top lads ,

#9 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

don't forget the debt and floodlights before we start signing big name superleague players... :jester:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#10 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Helliwell plays for Featherstone so guess he is on same terms as our players as its same league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users