Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

morley sets his sights on a wc place

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

please god no, it would be 1982 and jeff grayshon all over again, please forget about it mr morley - thanks for your contribution to the game but its over now, watch it on tv just stay away from the set up, fans can watch an entire warrington game on tv now and not even notice your on the field or hear your name mentioned in commentary box, but surley mcnamars wouldn't be so dumb -would he?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

He could okay in the halves instead of Sinfield. Far more pace.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#3 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

He could okay in the halves instead of Sinfield. Far more pace.

its not a joke- he has been on sky today openly saying he is aiming for a place

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#4 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

And that's an issue why?

If he's playing well enough he deserves one, if not he doesn't. Surely him aiming and striving for one is no bad thing.

#5 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Oh well England's most cap player still have a desire to play for his country.

Off with his head i say!!!!!!!

#6 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

He'll do well to get in the forwards, plenty of competition for places. Thats said what a warrior, if his form is good there has to be a place for his experience in the squad. Love his commitment to the cause

#7 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

And that's an issue why?

If he's playing well enough he deserves one, if not he doesn't. Surely him aiming and striving for one is no bad thing.

of course it isn't a bad thing for a well past it great to still have ambition, but he hasn't played well enough for at least 4 years to merit a sl place but gets by on his former merits and reputation never mind a wc place, mr morley  has been mr invisible for quite a while now, sit on the bench-take the water out by all means like the former greats do in state of origin but please don't put yourself forward for the team.

#8 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

So what should Morley do?

"It doesn't matter how well I'm playing rugby, I shouldn't be in the England team."

Nothing wrong with aiming. He's not said he thinks he deserves a place.

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,101 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

of course it isn't a bad thing for a well past it great to still have ambition, but he hasn't played well enough for at least 4 years to merit a sl place but gets by on his former merits and reputation never mind a wc place, mr morley has been mr invisible for quite a while now, sit on the bench-take the water out by all means like the former greats do in state of origin but please don't put yourself forward for the team.

your point that he hasnt been good enough for sl for the last four years is laughable. He has been an excellent signing for Wire and is still doing a good job at the right end of the table.

#10 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

your point that he hasnt been good enough for sl for the last four years is laughable. He has been an excellent signing for Wire and is still doing a good job at the right end of the table.

simply not true,to be fair wire should have won the gf (more than once) if they had made a better  "high profile"signing

#11 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Morley would get in pretty much every 17 in Superleague.

Every player should have the ambition to play at the top echelons of the game, those that have retired are just saving face.

I don't think Morley is good enough anymore, as simple as that. He looks no worse than sure pick Gareth Ellis who seems to have aged 10 years since arriving in Hull.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#12 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Every player should have the ambition to play at the top echelons of the game, those that have retired are just saving face.

I don't think Morley is good enough anymore, as simple as that. He looks no worse than sure pick Gareth Ellis who seems to have aged 10 years since arriving in Hull.

and ellis shouldn't get picked either (but will) simply not good enough anymore

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

simply not true,to be fair wire should have won the gf (more than once) if they had made a better  "high profile"signing

Higher profile like who???

Morley has lifted 3 cc's 1lls and lead his team to a GF. 99% of wire fans are more than happy with this return.
Maybe he'll finish with a winners ring with the wire, who knows??

Good post and I do agree, but maybe morleys last 4+ play off games proves he's still got it and gets a place in the squad and maybe the 17

#14 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

if wire had signed steve menzies instead - rhinos stranglehold on the gf would have never happened, it would have been a wire domination

#15 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Higher profile like who???

Morley has lifted 3 cc's 1lls and lead his team to a GF. 99% of wire fans are more than happy with this return.
Maybe he'll finish with a winners ring with the wire, who knows??

Good post and I do agree, but maybe morleys last 4+ play off games proves he's still got it and gets a place in the squad and maybe the 17

menzies

#16 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I agree with you almost entirely, but doesn't that opening sentence provide an accurate and, even disturbing display of the general state of S/L, rather than the opposite? Morley would long since have lost his place in the NRL, no argument about that.  

I would be on the side of anyone declaring the merits of Adrian Morley, but,  that would be if they were referring to his achievements a few seasons ago rather than presently. Ambition to play in the W/Cup, correct, but being realistic there are so many better, more effective forwards going around than Morley now and, although his persona and past reputation alone could be the persuasive factor enough in him gaining selection, yet in all honesty I do believe that would only be done by excluding some younger more effective player than he himself now is.

Ellis, again I agree, but, I did think that his past two or three games have shown a very distinct improvement in his form and if he did achieve his very best before the W/Cup, then he probably could be worthy of at least a squad place due if only on his experience of playing against and what to expect from those from the NRL.

#17 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

He may or may not still be good but is he better then other props who will be in contention for a place?
Burgess x 2, Graham, Mossop or Crabtree? Plenty others too who may warrant a place by the end of season.
I do think its an International series too far for Moz though, as great as he was.

#18 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

if wire had signed steve menzies instead - rhinos stranglehold on the gf would have never happened, it would have been a wire domination

You mean between 2004 and 2009?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#19 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Oh well England's most cap player still have a desire to play for his country.

Off with his head i say!!!!!!!

Off with his head? That's his international career in a nutshell.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -