Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rumour about next season

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

oh how times have changed eh. You'll be wearing a rhino shirt soon. The bloke didnt just didn't decide to say it, it must have been mentioned. Well I for 1 and quite a few others I no wont be around to see it happen

Times haven't changed for me mate, i walked to Dewsbury Sunday, had a few beers, a great laugh, sang some songs, supported my team, and watched them lose again, Business as usual.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#22 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Times haven't changed for me mate, i walked to Dewsbury Sunday, had a few beers, a great laugh, sang some songs, supported my team, and watched them lose again, Business as usual.

trouble is tho it'll be marching on together you'll be signing before long
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#23 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

trouble is tho it'll be marching on together you'll be signing before long

We both know that's never going to happen mate.

Its pretty simple, you either support your club or you don't.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#24 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

We both know that's never going to happen mate.

Its pretty simple, you either support your club or you don't.

your rite it is simple, ive supported my team every home and away game when we finished bottom of Championship 1 with no problems. But after that little announcement from over the river a couple of week ago. And the fact this board seem to not be bothered by it. I wont be coming back next season and I lot of people have said the same.

#25 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

1) The club can never be sold to anyone it's owned by a trust - it's HIST members.
2) Why would Leeds want to buy Hunslet? What's to gain from it?
3) Why wait 5 years, why not now?

Some of the stuff on here is as comical as our las business becoming our new main sponsor!

Any way she can't sponsor us, Brian McDermott has said that motorhog.co.uk will buy her in 5 years time, it's caused her wide spread panic, she's looking to sell now before she ends up like Bramley auto spares!

Leeds want us so they've got the market of rugby in Leeds signed up , why do you think they sign all the kids up............ any Hunslet fan says owt on here about Leeds and it gets taken off , the fans don't even sing anti-Leeds songs at home games now which is a big pat on the back for Hunslet fans but yet McDermott can say things like that at a dinner with a packed room and nowts said , did anyone from HIST have a word with Gary Heth about them comments , i doubt it.............a few years ago Heth wanted to play his Union side at SLS so's to save their pitch , as long has their on the top run of the ladder and everyone else is below thats suites them............

#26 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Leeds want us so they've got the market of rugby in Leeds signed up , why do you think they sign all the kids up............ any Hunslet fan says owt on here about Leeds and it gets taken off , the fans don't even sing anti-Leeds songs at home games now which is a big pat on the back for Hunslet fans but yet McDermott can say things like that at a dinner with a packed room and nowts said , did anyone from HIST have a word with Gary Heth about them comments , i doubt it.............a few years ago Heth wanted to play his Union side at SLS so's to save their pitch , as long has their on the top run of the ladder and everyone else is below thats suites them............

absolutely spot on there mate.

#27 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

completely agree

#28 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

your rite it is simple, ive supported my team every home and away game when we finished bottom of Championship 1 with no problems. But after that little announcement from over the river a couple of week ago. And the fact this board seem to not be bothered by it. I wont be coming back next season and I lot of people have said the same.

the way things are right now I won't be there next season and to be honest I don't think I will miss it. The club feels different and not for the better. The damage has been done this season. We have sold out completely.

#29 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Do you lot believe every bad thing in life too? Or just everything bad that is connected to the rhinos?

#30 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

And the fact you know me, and the fact im not bothered about it should be enough for you to come to a rational conclusion?

#31 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

They have got the market already why would they need the 300 people they haven't got?

Should have been at Dewsbury there was plenty of anti Leeds songs.

GH corrected Mcdermott straight away and publicly stated the comments were false and apologised.

Anyone can play at the stadium its council owned, You can book the pitch for Belle Isle WMC if you wanted.

#32 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Leeds won't be taking ownership of us, simple as that. It's owned by HIST, and as a HIST member I can safely say that if they wanted this club they'd have to prise it out of my cold, dead hands, I'm sure every HIST member would agree.

We are Hunslet, always have been, always will be.

Edited by morley-hawk, 07 August 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#33 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Leeds won't be taking ownership of us, simple as that. It's owned by HIST, and as a HIST member I can safely say that if they wanted this club they'd have to prise it out of my cold, dead hands, I'm sure every HIST member would agree.

really!!!! I dont buy into that 1 little bit. What say do hist members have in the club?? Absolutely none

Edited by maccca-6-, 07 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

They have got the market already why would they need the 300 people they haven't got?

Should have been at Dewsbury there was plenty of anti Leeds songs.

GH corrected Mcdermott straight away and publicly stated the comments were false and apologised.

Anyone can play at the stadium its council owned, You can book the pitch for Belle Isle WMC if you wanted.

Read the comment , HOME games i said ,  we play at Hunslet Moor mate , the clues in the title.............

#35 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ownership of what , no ground , its hardly Dragons den...........

#36 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Ownership of what , no ground , its hardly Dragons den...........

Have you had a bun this morning?  :jester:

#37 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Do you lot believe every bad thing in life too? Or just everything bad that is connected to the rhinos?

I do believe that the rhinos aren't in this out of the good of their hearts

#38 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I do believe that the rhinos aren't in this out of the good of their hearts

Of course their doing it for their own benefit, as are we, as is EVERY other club in a dual reg partnership! Its about working together to mutually benefit each other.

The bottom line is, if we were in partnership with Wakefield, Castleford or Bradford we wouldn't even be having this discussion on here.

#39 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

When this arrangement was announced I backed it even though I was unsure. My fears are increasingly being confirmed

#40 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Of course their doing it for their own benefit, as are we, as is EVERY other club in a dual reg partnership! Its about working together to mutually benefit each other.

The bottom line is, if we were in partnership with Wakefield, Castleford or Bradford we wouldn't even be having this discussion on here.

,,, True , thats because Wakefield ,Castleford and Bradford ,Didnt ###### on Bramley ! ! And didnt try to RAPE Keighley , York And NOW Hunslet .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users