TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

rumour about next season

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

When this arrangement was announced I backed it even though I was unsure. My fears are increasingly being confirmed

being confirmed by Chinese whispers?

#42 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Being confirmed by what I can see in front of me.

#43 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Being confirmed by what I can see in front of me.

Which is?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#44 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

,,, True , thats because Wakefield ,Castleford and Bradford ,Didnt ###### on Bramley ! ! And didnt try to RAPE Keighley , York And NOW Hunslet .

Any facts, figures or proof to back up this?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#45 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Any facts, figures or proof to back up this?

...Bramley ,no longer compete in Championship or Champ1 , Last seen playing at Headingley ... Mystery consortium put £400,000 into Keighley , turned out to be LEEDS R.L. They went on to "Asset Strip" takin Darryll Powell amongst others .

#46 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Which is?

the club being completely unrecognisable since Hist got into bed with the rhinos. The whole feel of the club has gone completely and it's now a soulless shell where you can't even speak your mind for fear of it being removed from here.this is on my opinion a bad move. The family feeling and the feeling of being with like minded people has been replaced with being with people who have turned into everything we weren't only a year ago.

#47 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Don't agree with you there Sgt, last year was boring with no relegation, And we have seen some class players from Leeds this year,playing for Hunslet,  and lets not forget , without them we would have been relegated a month ago. We still have a chance of survival.

If we stay up, I will have enjoyed this season more than any other in the last 10 years as every game has been so competitive.

#48 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'm not referring to the on field season

#49 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Why don't you get involved in hist if you're that worried?

#50 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

nothing like a challenge sgt to show hist whats required go for it the more that get involved the more you can make your presence felt
chappy

#51 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Leeds want us so they've got the market of rugby in Leeds signed up , why do you think they sign all the kids up............ any Hunslet fan says owt on here about Leeds and it gets taken off , the fans don't even sing anti-Leeds songs at home games now which is a big pat on the back for Hunslet fans but yet McDermott can say things like that at a dinner with a packed room and nowts said , did anyone from HIST have a word with Gary Heth about them comments , i doubt it.............a few years ago Heth wanted to play his Union side at SLS so's to save their pitch , as long has their on the top run of the ladder and everyone else is below thats suites them............

great post mate - youve summed things excellently there - best post on here for a while ;)  

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#52 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

great post mate - youve summed things excellently there - best post on here for a while ;)

You had a bun as well Fiddis? ;)

#53 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Re McD comments. Something was said but don't forget Hetherington put things right there and then on the night.

The reason things got took down was the offensive language, which was a shame because the outrage was justified.

I'm an active member of HIST and have got to know the other guys running the club well. The thought that any of us would sell the club down the river is a joke. I see first hand the hard work that these people and others are putting in. We need a few more then we can really start to move forward.

Does relegation bother me? Would prefer for it not to happen but the fact I've been harping on about it since 1999 means I have to take the rough with the smooth. That's sport. This time last year I couldn't wait for the season to end, This year we've been competitive and it's going to go down to the wire. That's what makes sport so compelling.

We've been here for over a hundred years and will be here for the next hundred if we all stick together.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#54 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Re McD comments. Something was said but don't forget Hetherington put things right there and then on the night.

The reason things got took down was the offensive language, which was a shame because the outrage was justified.

I'm an active member of HIST and have got to know the other guys running the club well. The thought that any of us would sell the club down the river is a joke. I see first hand the hard work that these people and others are putting in. We need a few more then we can really start to move forward.

Does relegation bother me? Would prefer for it not to happen but the fact I've been harping on about it since 1999 means I have to take the rough with the smooth. That's sport. This time last year I couldn't wait for the season to end, This year we've been competitive and it's going to go down to the wire. That's what makes sport so compelling.

We've been here for over a hundred years and will be here for the next hundred if we all stick together.

really ????

#55 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

no thanks I don't have the spare time

#56 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

really ????

Really

#57 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

relegation has nothing to do with why I won't be going next season.I've seen us relegated before and I've watched year after year of dross. I kept on going because I enjoyed it no matter how well our badly we played.I've sat in elland road with a couple of hundred others and sat in SLS with even less there.the point I'm making is that no matter how poor the team was I always enjoyed going because we were Hunslet and as a fan I felt as though I mattered.this season that feeling has gone. The club does not feel like the club I love and does feel like a club losing it's identity and becoming more Leeds all the time.I probably sound selfish but I hope the tie on with Leeds ends at the end of this season. I would rather go back to being what we are a championship one club but a club with it's own identity and not a watered down rhinos wannabe club.here's hoping for an end to dual reg and an end to having anything to do with Leeds but I feel the damage has been done. I used to be proud to say I follow Hunslet.I won't be saying it next season if things continue unfortunately

#58 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

The thing with Leeds Phil is that i would'nt put it past em to have staged that to make Hetherington look good to Hunslet fans , seen to many under hand things coming from that club to prove otherwise.......sorry

#59 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

relegation has nothing to do with why I won't be going next season.I've seen us relegated before and I've watched year after year of dross. I kept on going because I enjoyed it no matter how well our badly we played.I've sat in elland road with a couple of hundred others and sat in SLS with even less there.the point I'm making is that no matter how poor the team was I always enjoyed going because we were Hunslet and as a fan I felt as though I mattered.this season that feeling has gone. The club does not feel like the club I love and does feel like a club losing it's identity and becoming more Leeds all the time.I probably sound selfish but I hope the tie on with Leeds ends at the end of this season. I would rather go back to being what we are a championship one club but a club with it's own identity and not a watered down rhinos wannabe club.here's hoping for an end to dual reg and an end to having anything to do with Leeds but I feel the damage has been done. I used to be proud to say I follow Hunslet.I won't be saying it next season if things continue unfortunately

great post that mate. Sums things up perfectly
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#60 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

When I read it on the forum that night I was incensed. Didn't sleep a wink - not because I thought there was any truth in it but the arrogance of it. After a good nights sleep I put it down to too many knocks in the front row.

Apparently Colin Cooper put him right. Which takes a lot of guts to do at a public event. That is the spirit that we have and why it will never happen.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users