Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rumour about next season

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#61 funkygibbon

funkygibbon
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I WAS AT THAT DINNER G H CORRECTED MCDERMOTT STRAIGHT AWAY AND PUBLICLY  STATED THE COMMENTS WERE FALSE AND APOLOGISED  .

#62 stevo the legend

stevo the legend
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

My first post on here. I normally just read. I've a couple of points and will probably be shot down for them. But who cares, I need to get stuff off my chest.

1. I'm member of hist and have been since it started. I was sceptical of the rhinos link up at first but thought id give give it a go and see how things materialises. For me its not worked. They've used us which has been pretty obvious. So if we do go down, id rather go down as us, and not with those from north of the river. We've lost our identity. I may be in a minority here but id rather us go down than have rhinos players playing for us.

2. Can we have the vote which should have taken place last year. I think all hist members should be balloted. Do they want to be partnership with rhinos? Instead of our board of directors taking it of there own back to just jump into it.

3. Eaton has a shocking record. Its plain for everyone to see. Apart from the board and Eaton as well. We have no game plan, we never seem to be able change the style of rugby we play, rhino players being picked before our own players who have excelled the previous game, no kicking game, poor discipline and lastly players who play week in week out no matter how bad they play. Spoke to one players parent at Dewsbury on Sunday and they confirmed her son won't be at south leeds next season as he doesn't want to play for Eaton next year, he'd rather play amateur due to Eatons lack of people skills, fed up of being used for rhino players.

3. Are certain board members in it for self esteem and not for the love of the club? That's how it comes across at times. Maybe im being unjust, but as a member of hist I have no confidence of Eaton or the board.

Just a few points there. I'm waiting to be knocked down, but I don't care. I stand by my views and just for the record macca. I'm number 9, as I won't be coming back next season if we're still making love with the rhinos.
Get the rhinos out of MY club

#63 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

My first post on here. I normally just read. I've a couple of points and will probably be shot down for them. But who cares, I need to get stuff off my chest.

1. I'm member of hist and have been since it started. I was sceptical of the rhinos link up at first but thought id give give it a go and see how things materialises. For me its not worked. They've used us which has been pretty obvious. So if we do go down, id rather go down as us, and not with those from north of the river. We've lost our identity. I may be in a minority here but id rather us go down than have rhinos players playing for us.

2. Can we have the vote which should have taken place last year. I think all hist members should be balloted. Do they want to be partnership with rhinos? Instead of our board of directors taking it of there own back to just jump into it.

3. Eaton has a shocking record. Its plain for everyone to see. Apart from the board and Eaton as well. We have no game plan, we never seem to be able change the style of rugby we play, rhino players being picked before our own players who have excelled the previous game, no kicking game, poor discipline and lastly players who play week in week out no matter how bad they play. Spoke to one players parent at Dewsbury on Sunday and they confirmed her son won't be at south leeds next season as he doesn't want to play for Eaton next year, he'd rather play amateur due to Eatons lack of people skills, fed up of being used for rhino players.

3. Are certain board members in it for self esteem and not for the love of the club? That's how it comes across at times. Maybe im being unjust, but as a member of hist I have no confidence of Eaton or the board.

Just a few points there. I'm waiting to be knocked down, but I don't care. I stand by my views and just for the record macca. I'm number 9, as I won't be coming back next season if we're still making love with the rhinos.

great post, you've just put into words exactly what I think. POST OF THE YEAR
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#64 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

great post, you've just put into words exactly what I think. POST OF THE YEAR

Eatons only success as a coach came at Keighley, where he won promotion thanks in the main to the excellent player recruitment of Peter Roe - who was ousted from his position as football manager having done the groundwork in building a competitive squad from nothing. Apart from that 'assisted' success, his ongoing coaching career has been perpetuated simply by knowing the right people and scratching the right backs - allegedly, of course.

Edited by TheTerminator, 07 August 2013 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#65 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

I completely agree with every point you have made.congratulations on your honesty if only all hist members were the same

#66 Hollywood Hawkster

Hollywood Hawkster
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Well i agree with Gaz i will be there next season, whatever division we are in !

From Hollywood not York City Whinos.

#67 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

....... TOP MAN ! Ill Shake Your hand . Ive been saying that since Swinton hammered us . WELL SAID ,, I TOTALLY AGREE ...

#68 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yawn..... I am getting so bored of coming on here and listening to people going on about Rhinos and North of the River. Have we copied this saying from Hull or something?

I'm not a fan of Rhinos, however if it wasn't for the players who have joined us we would be in a bigger embarrassing place than we already are.

I have been to almost every game this season and do you think Hunslet can stand on their own two feet. No. Keighley, Barrow and Dewsbury of all places only had a handful of fans there and we only get 400 at home games. It's laughable. All this " lets go on our own" rubbish, is nothing more than a bunch of people who want this club to be a top Championship 1 club. So they can have there weekly beer session, guaranteed win and home for Sunday lunch all happy.

I don't want this for the club, I want to be in the top 4 of the Championship and whatever it takes to get there. This side is good enough to do that but do lack a game plan. We don't use out outside backs and don't offer opportunities for the full back to do any breaks. All this forwards game is depressing to watch. Especially as they knock on at tackle two most times in our 30m.

We are all entitled to an opinion but being a good Championship 1 side is just not acceptable for this club. In two or three years time this will be a top club with a dozen or so Rhinos academy players taking positions. So start to accept it, or start following Hunslwt Warriors as its the only way this place will survive.

#69 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yawn..... I am getting so bored of coming on here and listening to people going on about Rhinos and North of the River. Have we copied this saying from Hull or something?

I'm not a fan of Rhinos, however if it wasn't for the players who have joined us we would be in a bigger embarrassing place than we already are.

I have been to almost every game this season and do you think Hunslet can stand on their own two feet. No. Keighley, Barrow and Dewsbury of all places only had a handful of fans there and we only get 400 at home games. It's laughable. All this " lets go on our own" rubbish, is nothing more than a bunch of people who want this club to be a top Championship 1 club. So they can have there weekly beer session, guaranteed win and home for Sunday lunch all happy.

I don't want this for the club, I want to be in the top 4 of the Championship and whatever it takes to get there. This side is good enough to do that but do lack a game plan. We don't use out outside backs and don't offer opportunities for the full back to do any breaks. All this forwards game is depressing to watch. Especially as they knock on at tackle two most times in our 30m.

We are all entitled to an opinion but being a good Championship 1 side is just not acceptable for this club. In two or three years time this will be a top club with a dozen or so Rhinos academy players taking positions. So start to accept it, or start following Hunslwt Warriors as its the only way this place will survive.

yes sir!!!! can we please gave a glass of pop on sunday????? Jeeeez ive heard it all now. And by the way its old boys not warriors
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#70 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

People need to ask themselves this. If were in the top 8 which is where we could and should be would they be on here complaining about Rhinos and Hist. I very much doubt it. In my opinion we have been let down by poor coaching. Barry Eaton and puppet Wainhouse should have been shown the door a long time ago. Nobody dislikes Rhinos more than me but I know full well that the link up his been vital from a financial point of view.
We are still paying off our debts but by 2016 it will be all payed off and we will be in a really strong position. A lot of other clubs will go bust paying out silly money to stay up next season when 5 go down. For example one of our targets for next season is now staying put as he is getting a 12k contract plus his wage.I dont even rate him. But how do people think we can compete with that.
To say that Hissa is run for peoples ego trips is disgraceful. Do we see people strutting about I dont think so. What we see is people working tirelessly unpaid to take the club forward only to be unfarly slagged off. I will put my hands up and admit I was always sceptical about the Johnson family. How wrong could I be the work that family does is magnificent. I trust in them all the club will die before Rhinos take us over.
Come rain or shine I wll be there next season.
I sincerely hope that you all are.

#71 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

is this the same weekly beer session that helps boost the clubs coffers?

#72 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

HIST do do a good job and it is hard to make the books balance in todays climate , theres good and bad in this topic from both sides , but Hunslet fans that are fed up with whats going on have every rite to moan and groan , but can i just ask this to the floating Leeds fans that come on here and now watch Hunslet as there 2nd club , if theres no duel reg next term with Leeds , would the floating Leeds fans still come and watch Hunslet without Leeds players............if not they should'nt be moaning about Hunslet fans walking away

Edited by Blackbeard, 08 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#73 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

People need to ask themselves this. If were in the top 8 which is where we could and should be would they be on here complaining about Rhinos and Hist. I very much doubt it. In my opinion we have been let down by poor coaching. Barry Eaton and puppet Wainhouse should have been shown the door a long time ago. Nobody dislikes Rhinos more than me but I know full well that the link up his been vital from a financial point of view.
We are still paying off our debts but by 2016 it will be all payed off and we will be in a really strong position. A lot of other clubs will go bust paying out silly money to stay up next season when 5 go down. For example one of our targets for next season is now staying put as he is getting a 12k contract plus his wage.I dont even rate him. But how do people think we can compete with that.
To say that Hissa is run for peoples ego trips is disgraceful. Do we see people strutting about I dont think so. What we see is people working tirelessly unpaid to take the club forward only to be unfarly slagged off. I will put my hands up and admit I was always sceptical about the Johnson family. How wrong could I be the work that family does is magnificent. I trust in them all the club will die before Rhinos take us over.

completely agree about the johnsons. Why has Eaton been kept on?

#74 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

completely agree about the johnsons. Why has Eaton been kept on?

maybe because he's got a squad which will be 50k+ less than York 1 point behind them. Far to many fans think far too much of the current squad.

#75 yll

yll
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

To say that Hissa is run for peoples ego trips is disgraceful. Do we see people strutting about I dont think so. What we see is people working tirelessly unpaid to take the club forward only to be unfarly slagged off.

Well said. 

Do the people slagging the club off on here appreciate the time & effort the UNPAID volunteers put in to keep the club running - whether that be working behind the bar, in the office, on the turnstilles or in the community etc.  The people whinging about the way the club is run need to step up & offer their services & then they can put their ideas forward.

Steveo the legend - a vote would be nice but would people vote with their hearts rather than their heads?  Can we survive without the Rhinos money?  Of course Rhinos have used us just as if the roles were reversed we'd use them - they're running a business at the end of the day

Long standing 'supporters' saying they arent coming back next year - I dont believe that you dont care about the club anymore, to me if you are a true supporter you will always care?  We need every supporter & every penny we can get to keep this club running.

I personally support Hunslet Hawks & want to see our great name continue for the next 100+ years - if that means we have to associate ourselves with the Rhinos for a short time then so be it - I think people need to look at the bigger picture. Would people rather that Hunslet dissapeared all together?

#76 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well said. 

Do the people slagging the club off on here appreciate the time & effort the UNPAID volunteers put in to keep the club running - whether that be working behind the bar, in the office, on the turnstilles or in the community etc.  The people whinging about the way the club is run need to step up & offer their services & then they can put their ideas forward.

Steveo the legend - a vote would be nice but would people vote with their hearts rather than their heads?  Can we survive without the Rhinos money?  Of course Rhinos have used us just as if the roles were reversed we'd use them - they're running a business at the end of the day

Long standing 'supporters' saying they arent coming back next year - I dont believe that you dont care about the club anymore, to me if you are a true supporter you will always care?  We need every supporter & every penny we can get to keep this club running.

I personally support Hunslet Hawks & want to see our great name continue for the next 100+ years - if that means we have to associate ourselves with the Rhinos for a short time then so be it - I think people need to look at the bigger picture. Would people rather that Hunslet dissapeared all together?

Like i said in my post earlier , people have a choice , would you keep going to a restaurant that kept serving up rubbish meals , no you would'nt and thats how some fans see it............

#77 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Your indeed right Rick, people do have a choice and its there prerogative to make that choice, and to me the options are simple, (a) stick with your club, support it both financially and in your attendance, OR (b)don't.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 08 August 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#78 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

You had a bun as well Fiddis? ;)

Youve got the only buns im interested in down at the stadium mate

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#79 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Great post Cardigan.

People on here should be praising Hist for all their great work since taking over our club.

I remember before Hist took over, coming down to buy a season ticket from the ground and the Hunslet shop was  shut.

I think it took me three times to actually get one, as no-one in , or be back in an hour sign on the door.

Hist have done more in a year, regarding i.e. promoting the club etc, than the club did in it's history.

The link up with Leeds a good idea too as we sadly don't as a club, have the money to compete with the other teams in our league.

If we had say D/R  with Bradford , we would have had a lot less talented players from them, so if you have to dual reg with some one as we do, we might as well D/R with the best team available to us. Just like Swinton did with Warrington. And if we did not D/R with Leeds another club will.

The only downside being our coach , not good enough. He has to take most of the blame. Team selection, no moves on the pitch apart from take it straight up the middle.

Strange that being though as he was such a talented and clever player himself in his day.

So again lets just all support the club, instead of trying to bring it down

#80 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Great post Cardigan.

People on here should be praising Hist for all their great work since taking over our club.

I remember before Hist took over, coming down to buy a season ticket from the ground and the Hunslet shop was  shut.

I think it took me three times to actually get one, as no-one in , or be back in an hour sign on the door.

Hist have done more in a year, regarding i.e. promoting the club etc, than the club did in it's history.

The link up with Leeds a good idea too as we sadly don't as a club, have the money to compete with the other teams in our league.

If we had say D/R  with Bradford , we would have had a lot less talented players from them, so if you have to dual reg with some one as we do, we might as well D/R with the best team available to us. Just like Swinton did with Warrington. And if we did not D/R with Leeds another club will.

The only downside being our coach , not good enough. He has to take most of the blame. Team selection, no moves on the pitch apart from take it straight up the middle.

Strange that being though as he was such a talented and clever player himself in his day.

So again lets just all support the club, instead of trying to bring it down

Yes so we've D/R with Leeds (the best Team) and were bottom , Swinton (Wire) 2nd to bottom , makes sense that ............Eaton another year contract , are the Hunslet fans gunna get the blame for that.............get with it............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users