Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rumour about next season

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#81 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yawn..... I am getting so bored of coming on here and listening to people going on about Rhinos and North of the River. Have we copied this saying from Hull or something?

I'm not a fan of Rhinos, however if it wasn't for the players who have joined us we would be in a bigger embarrassing place than we already are.

I have been to almost every game this season and do you think Hunslet can stand on their own two feet. No. Keighley, Barrow and Dewsbury of all places only had a handful of fans there and we only get 400 at home games. It's laughable. All this " lets go on our own" rubbish, is nothing more than a bunch of people who want this club to be a top Championship 1 club. So they can have there weekly beer session, guaranteed win and home for Sunday lunch all happy.

I don't want this for the club, I want to be in the top 4 of the Championship and whatever it takes to get there. This side is good enough to do that but do lack a game plan. We don't use out outside backs and don't offer opportunities for the full back to do any breaks. All this forwards game is depressing to watch. Especially as they knock on at tackle two most times in our 30m.

We are all entitled to an opinion but being a good Championship 1 side is just not acceptable for this club. In two or three years time this will be a top club with a dozen or so Rhinos academy players taking positions. So start to accept it, or start following Hunslwt Warriors as its the only way this place will survive.

POST OF THE SEASON. I've followed Huns for over 30 years and I accept the situation. My dad does and he has been a supporter since the 50s

#82 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

People need to ask themselves this. If were in the top 8 which is where we could and should be would they be on here complaining about Rhinos and Hist. I very much doubt it. In my opinion we have been let down by poor coaching. Barry Eaton and puppet Wainhouse should have been shown the door a long time ago. Nobody dislikes Rhinos more than me but I know full well that the link up his been vital from a financial point of view.
We are still paying off our debts but by 2016 it will be all payed off and we will be in a really strong position. A lot of other clubs will go bust paying out silly money to stay up next season when 5 go down. For example one of our targets for next season is now staying put as he is getting a 12k contract plus his wage.I dont even rate him. But how do people think we can compete with that.
To say that Hissa is run for peoples ego trips is disgraceful. Do we see people strutting about I dont think so. What we see is people working tirelessly unpaid to take the club forward only to be unfarly slagged off. I will put my hands up and admit I was always sceptical about the Johnson family. How wrong could I be the work that family does is magnificent. I trust in them all the club will die before Rhinos take us over.
Come rain or shine I wll
I sincerely hope that you all are.

Spoken like a TRUE FAN with a realistic head on his shoulders

#83 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

The recurring theme is that hist are doing a great job but Eaton is poor explain that one to me considering he has a year left

#84 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Been trying to think of a decent reply on here but Penola sums it up for me, i,ll go with that.Weve had nothing but bad luck this season,now . lets get behind the lads on sunday.

Posted Image

#85 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

So because I'm not willing to sit back and watch leeds ruin my club I'm not a true fan?? Some of you need to take your blinkers off and look whats happening, that was no mistake what got said at headingley. The only mistake was that the plan got announced earlier than it should. The hetheringtons have history.....just ask Sheffield, gateshead or bramley. Weve managed without them and there's no reason why we wont in the future.

Edited by maccca-6-, 08 August 2013 - 04:59 PM.

hunslet hawks champions 2010

#86 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

5 pages in and we are stil on the same topic, again it's a simple option, you either support your club or you don't! Im choosing to support my club, that's my decision, if others decide not to support the club that's their decision, no hard feelings, good luck to everyone and we all move on!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#87 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

5 pages in and we are stil on the same topic, again it's a simple option, you either support your club or you don't! Im choosing to support my club, that's my decision, if others decide not to support the club that's their decision, no hard feelings, good luck to everyone and we all move on!

thats not always been the case tho has it gaz
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#88 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Been trying to think of a decent reply on here but Penola sums it up for me, i,ll go with that.Weve had nothing but bad luck this season,now . lets get behind the lads on sunday.

Bad lucks part and parcel of the any game Steve , you just get on with it and we still had a good enough squad to get out of the bottom 2 , ............people have come on here saying were bottom and we'd have been in a worse state if Leeds had'nt been with us , how worse can you get than bottom , did'nt know you could get lower than bottom...................

#89 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

No but relegated half way through the season without them, we still not down yet.

#90 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

No but relegated half way through the season without them, we still not down yet.

How do you no we'd have been relegated half way through the season , we never saw a full Hunslet squad take the field to bond and get to know one an other.................

#91 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

rick, pick me a team from the current squad without any rhinos that could win 1 game in this div.We are where we are because a/ the rhinos worst injuries in 50 years and b/ Grimmer has been out nearly all the season. Who would you sooner see at centre Keinhorst or Clayton ?

Posted Image

#92 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Spot on KOL

#93 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the arguments about the club but all I know is no matter

what I will still drive 70 miles to every home game next season. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions

about DR and other issues but despite the dross I have had to watch at times over the years I would never say and

have never even thought about withdrawing my support for the club. I think everyone involved with HIST deserves

our support and should be thanked by supporters who can't or don't want to take on the same responsibilities.

Thanks should also go to the volunteers who keep the club going so supporters like myself who don't help

out but just pay through the turnstiles can still come and watch our great club. God knows there are few

enough of us without falling out amongst ourselves and I for would never support another team so the priority

as far as I am concerned is to keep the club going at whatever cost.

• yll likes this

#94 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Results mirror the same as last season. We have won the same competitive matches as we did last season bar barrow as we didn't play them in 2012.

Eaton as a coach is not capable of beating any establish championship club, we can only beat the promoted teams at home & York. Luckily we have the next 2 games to get wins, but it looks unlikely 6 points will be enough. That's if we win the games.

Edited by MikeFletchersBarmyArmy, 08 August 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#95 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

rick, pick me a team from the current squad without any rhinos that could win 1 game in this div.We are where we are because a/ the rhinos worst injuries in 50 years and b/ Grimmer has been out nearly all the season. Who would you sooner see at centre Keinhorst or Clayton ?

We'll never know Steve because we've never put a Hunslet team out , but these players should'nt have been signed on in the 1st place if there not gunna be picked , most people have heard what happened with Eaton and a certain player , so somethings wrong in the dressing room , and your choice of players still as me stumpt (Barnett) i would'nt pay him in buttons.............Keinhorst or Clayton were still bottom........... 

#96 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Looks like you will be playing us in Championship one next season.

#97 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Results mirror the same as last season. We have won the same competitive matches as we did last season bar barrow as we didn't play them in 2012.

Eaton as a coach is not capable of beating any establish championship club, we can only beat the promoted teams at home & York. Luckily we have the next 2 games to get wins, but it looks unlikely 6 points will be enough. That's if we win the games.

so again I ask why is Eaton still here???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I'll tell you why because I don't believe hist have the power to do it

#98 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

so again I ask why is Eaton still here???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I'll tell you why because I don't believe hist have the power to do it

I said on here that half of Eatons wages were payed by Hunslet and the other half by the RFL and i was corrected that Hunslet pay all his wages , if thats the case and with another year of his contract to run , that'll cost Hunslet to get rid , yes i believe that he is doing a good job in the community but the fans want to see his better work done on the pitch , which is'nt happening , only HIST can answer this matter........??????????????????????

#99 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

do you ever get bored of moaning? Just as an example of the money other clubs are spending, Simon brown is rumoured to be on 15k a year + match terms, money like that buys you quality well above what we have yet we are just behind them and had we had a few lucky breaks we'd be well ahead of them. The only game I can recall coming away from thinking it was poor coaching was swinton away. I'd love to here some detailed examples of why you think the coach is so poor? Saying things like 'we only did 5 drives and a kick' so he must be poor isn't looking at the full picture; when playing with Helliwell and Ansel as your ball players keeping things very simple is the smartest game plan, asking players who simply don't have the skill to do anything fancy would just see the ball getting lost & the team getting smashed, keeping things simple has allowed the team to stay in the game & pick up bonus points and be in with a chance of picking up a win.

Edited by noname6, 08 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#100 pock hawk

pock hawk
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

First time poster.Agree with everything LincolnshireHawk says 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users