Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rumour about next season

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#121 stevo the legend

stevo the legend
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

People need to ask themselves this. If were in the top 8 which is where we could and should be would they be on here complaining about Rhinos and Hist. I very much doubt it. In my opinion we have been let down by poor coaching. Barry Eaton and puppet Wainhouse should have been shown the door a long time ago. Nobody dislikes Rhinos more than me but I know full well that the link up his been vital from a financial point of view.We are still paying off our debts but by 2016 it will be all payed off and we will be in a really strong position. A lot of other clubs will go bust paying out silly money to stay up next season when 5 go down. For example one of our targets for next season is now staying put as he is getting a 12k contract plus his wage.I dont even rate him. But how do people think we can compete with that.To say that Hissa is run for peoples ego trips is disgraceful. Do we see people strutting about I dont think so. What we see is people working tirelessly unpaid to take the club forward only to be unfarly slagged off. I will put my hands up and admit I was always sceptical about the Johnson family. How wrong could I be the work that family does is magnificent. I trust in them all the club will die before Rhinos take us over.Come rain or shine I wll be there next season.I sincerely hope that you all are.

Thanks for your reply, im very sorry I don't feel the same as you. I just want the rhinos out of our club once and for all. Apologies I don't see the positives like you do.

As for strutting there stuff as you put it. I sit down at every game due to my age and I'll health. At every away game the family you have mentioned in your post seem to doing just that at every away game, with their usual 17 free tickets they get for family and friends. I've spoken to Ian a few times and to be fair he does do alot (prob more than anyone else at the club) but how do the rest of his hangers on get their free feed and a match ticket? If I've been rightly informed, I've been told it was brought up at a board meeting about hist members getting some of those free tickets (as we do own the club!!) and mr. Johnson didn't want us the rabble turning up and giving the club a bad name. My question is, are the rest of that family members of hist like me and the rest? My point here is we have other volunteers who do alot for the club, shouldn't they be compensated for what they do?

One last question. Do any of the board members take a wage out of the club? If so, that's a disgrace. The fininacial plight we are in and they're taking money from the club they run!

Edited by stevo the legend, 09 August 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Get the rhinos out of MY club

#122 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the arguments about the club but all I know is no matter
what I will still drive 70 miles to every home game next season. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions
about DR and other issues but despite the dross I have had to watch at times over the years I would never say and
have never even thought about withdrawing my support for the club. I think everyone involved with HIST deserves
our support and should be thanked by supporters who can't or don't want to take on the same responsibilities.

Thanks should also go to the volunteers who keep the club going so supporters like myself who don't help
out but just pay through the turnstiles can still come and watch our great club. God knows there are few
enough of us without falling out amongst ourselves and I for would never support another team so the priority
as far as I am concerned is to keep the club going at whatever cost.

Second best quote of the season!
Attila the

#123 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

do you ever get bored of moaning? Just as an example of the money other clubs are spending, Simon brown is rumoured to be on 15k a year + match terms, money like that buys you quality well above what we have yet we are just behind them and had we had a few lucky breaks we'd be well ahead of them. The only game I can recall coming away from thinking it was poor coaching was swinton away. I'd love to here some detailed examples of why you think the coach is so poor? Saying things like 'we only did 5 drives and a kick' so he must be poor isn't looking at the full picture; when playing with Helliwell and Ansel as your ball players keeping things very simple is the smartest game plan, asking players who simply don't have the skill to do anything fancy would just see the ball getting lost & the team getting smashed, keeping things simple has allowed the team to stay in the game & pick up bonus points and be in with a chance of picking up a win.

Third best quote of the season!
Attila the

#124 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Darren Willams is employed by the club no one else on the board gets paid

#125 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

..... I Want the Club to keep its Identity and Survive as HUNSLET R.L. ! ! ! Not some tupenny hapney feeder team for Leeds R.L. THATS ME . Case closed ...........

...You may have missed Swinton at home ? Pickin up 11 bonus points ,to mE says ,A more COMPETENT Coach , could have Eeked out Several Wins . When a horse keeps getting placed , A Win is often seen with a Change of Jockeys !! MY PLAN, Put 50p on a pint .ALL ADULTS PAY The SAME PRICE , To Get PETER ROE as Coach (No Need for3THREE ! assistants !! SIMPLE.......

Sound of palm hitting forehead.
Attila the

#126 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

And the pic on the pitch with ryan hall says it all. I'd rather have my pic taken with Osama bin Laden

You'd have a job on hes brown bread  :hunter:

did Sir Kevin Sinfield (or is it just Kev to his mates?) tell you to say this?

b5630a7cffa411e2aac622000a9f04c6_7.jpg

I had forgotten how good looking i am  :tongue:

He came in to my work this week to speak to our 3000 employees on site and promote Leeds Rhinos. Perfect opportunity to get Hunslet some free PR? Oh yes, so i turned up in my Hunslet shirt, muscled my way on a pic, next thing you know this pic is going out on our weekly newsletter across the business, England and Rhinos captain and some guy in a Hunslet Hawks top! Free Marketing  ;)

Oh and we also spoke about his thoughts plans for us when they buy us in 5 years time  :sclerosis:

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 09 August 2013 - 07:04 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#127 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for your reply, im very sorry I don't feel the same as you. I just want the rhinos out of our club once and for all. Apologies I don't see the positives like you do.

As for strutting there stuff as you put it. I sit down at every game due to my age and I'll health. At every away game the family you have mentioned in your post seem to doing just that at every away game, with their usual 17 free tickets they get for family and friends. I've spoken to Ian a few times and to be fair he does do alot (prob more than anyone else at the club) but how do the rest of his hangers on get their free feed and a match ticket? If I've been rightly informed, I've been told it was brought up at a board meeting about hist members getting some of those free tickets (as we do own the club!!) and mr. Johnson didn't want us the rabble turning up and giving the club a bad name. My question is, are the rest of that family members of hist like me and the rest? My point here is we have other volunteers who do alot for the club, shouldn't they be compensated for what they do?

One last question. Do any of the board members take a wage out of the club? If so, that's a disgrace. The fininacial plight we are in and they're taking money from the club they run!

I'm flying to Dubai on my Hunslet wage next week, il send you a postcard  :bye:

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#128 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Dont let them drag you down , the Club is in a better state than its been for a long time.
Posted Image

#129 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

He came in to my work this week to speak to our 3000 employees on site and promote Leeds Rhinos. Perfect opportunity to get Hunslet some free PR? Oh yes, so i turned up in my Hunslet shirt, muscled my way on a pic, next thing you know this pic is going out on our weekly newsletter across the business, England and Rhinos captain and some guy in a Hunslet Hawks top! Free Marketing  ;)

Oh and we also spoke about his thoughts plans for us when they buy us in 5 years time  :sclerosis:

the truth is out at last - always knew u were a Rhino - a bigger Rhino than i thought u were

Discgraceful behaviour. Youve gone down in my estimation pal

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#130 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

the truth is out at last - always knew u were a Rhino - a bigger Rhino than i thought u were

Discgraceful behaviour. Youve gone down in my estimation pal

What can i say ive been rumbled  :fie:

#131 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

So if i put my Hunslet shirt on and had my pic taken with Peter Sutcliffe , thats good PR is it.........and to think all the times you used to sing Anti-Leeds songs Home and Away...............

#132 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

So if i put my Hunslet shirt on and had my pic taken with Peter Sutcliffe , thats good PR is it.........and to think all the times you used to sing Anti-Leeds songs Home and Away...............

No, because you would be stood next to a serial killer  :sclerosis:

#133 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

No, because you would be stood next to a serial killer  :sclerosis:

It got Frank Bruno some publicity , and got him back in the public eye , and got people talking about him again.........

#134 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

They didnt burn him...
Posted Image

#135 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

They didnt burn him...

Ha Ha , whats next Players from Bongo Bongo land...............or a Jimmy Saville day........

#136 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Now then , now then young man, in this House the only Jimmy we mention is Jimmy Watson, hows about that then..
Posted Image

#137 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Now then , now then young man, in this House the only Jimmy we mention is Jimmy Watson, hows about that then..

There on about changing the Naughty Forty bus to be called Savilles Travels

#138 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

First of all, on what was said, It just sums up Rhnino's, there full of ######, full of them selfs and why they are the most hated team in RL, what was said be it a joke or tounge in cheek, was bang out of order and direspectable to Hunslet.

In truth it was prob a wind up and trying to look clever and cockey in front of the rhino fans, and if they ahd any thing about them as a club, they put a public applogie in the yorkshire post.

On eaton, I cant get to every game due to living in hartlepool, but ive been to 5 home games this season, and one thing I feel on watching the lads, Eaton to me looks lost, and even im baffled with his tactics, and the fact we seem to after give games away before we kick start, is very worrying. My own gut feeling would be to make changes in the summer, but thats up to the board, and at end of the day it is them that will live or die by there dessions, and if it fails, well the members will be on there backs.

On the DR, never a fan, hate the bloody thing, for any club never mind our club, I dont agree with it and think it should be scrapped for a simple loan deals, thta should be for a min month. On with the Rhino's, has it worked, well every one of us will have diffirent views, it is hard for me to say as I have only been able to get to 5 homes games, but having diffirent rhino players in week in and week out, cant be good for the balance of the team.

What I will finaly say, Im hunslet threw and threw, and I will all ways hate the rhino with every inch of hate in my body, but Hunslet are my club, there in my heart and no matter, with us having DR with the Rhino or not Ill support my club and be there again as often as I can.

#139 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

First of all, on what was said, It just sums up Rhnino's, there full of ######, full of them selfs and why they are the most hated team in RL, what was said be it a joke or tounge in cheek, was bang out of order and direspectable to Hunslet.

In truth it was prob a wind up and trying to look clever and cockey in front of the rhino fans, and if they ahd any thing about them as a club, they put a public applogie in the yorkshire post.

On eaton, I cant get to every game due to living in hartlepool, but ive been to 5 home games this season, and one thing I feel on watching the lads, Eaton to me looks lost, and even im baffled with his tactics, and the fact we seem to after give games away before we kick start, is very worrying. My own gut feeling would be to make changes in the summer, but thats up to the board, and at end of the day it is them that will live or die by there dessions, and if it fails, well the members will be on there backs.

On the DR, never a fan, hate the bloody thing, for any club never mind our club, I dont agree with it and think it should be scrapped for a simple loan deals, thta should be for a min month. On with the Rhino's, has it worked, well every one of us will have diffirent views, it is hard for me to say as I have only been able to get to 5 homes games, but having diffirent rhino players in week in and week out, cant be good for the balance of the team.

What I will finaly say, Im hunslet threw and threw, and I will all ways hate the rhino with every inch of hate in my body, but Hunslet are my club, there in my heart and no matter, with us having DR with the Rhino or not Ill support my club and be there again as often as I can.

With whats been said on here i've been texting Blackpool Hawk most of the afternoon about this and one thing is what you have just said on here Pooliehawk .............on why don't HIST get Brian McDerrmott to stand up in the phoenix bar on sunday and make a public apology , because that comment as cost the club fans.................1 fan is 1 to many............

#140 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Two things -  If Eaton has a contract for next year, the club can't afford to pay him off and pay somebody else to coach.

Secondly -  What have we got that Leeds would want? we have no assets to sell off apart from the players and they can get them for nothing [if they wanted them] at the end of a season.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users