Newsnight

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Why is Victoria Derbyshire on TV pretending to be a journalist?

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Whoops. Wrong forum.

I've probably got time to change I a thread questioning why Sinfield is England captain.

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Been on the sauce?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Been on the sauce?

No. I was just appalled to see that woman on a serious news programme, and in my outrage I posted it on the main forum.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,029 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

No. I was just appalled to see that woman on a serious news programme, and in my outrage I posted it on the main forum.

Kept you awake all night did it?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Is it an obsession with the woman?

#7 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

No, don't think so, I think it's because he always wants to be the odd one out.

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Victoria Derbyshire is something of a leftfield choice for Newsnight, particularly as it is a London-based job. According to Wikipedia, she refused to move to Salford and broadcasts some of the time from home. Several political journalists were sent up to Salford against their wishes, or lost their presenting roles as a result of refusing to move. I would have thought that they would see her presenting Newsnight as a reward for refusing to move.

I didn't watch the show and I don't listen to her on the radio either. Therefore, I have no opinion on her ability and personal style.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,764 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Victoria Derbyshire is something of a leftfield choice for Newsnight, particularly as it is a London-based job. According to Wikipedia, she refused to move to Salford and broadcasts some of the time from home. Several political journalists were sent up to Salford against their wishes, or lost their presenting roles as a result of refusing to move. I would have thought that they would see her presenting Newsnight as a reward for refusing to move.

I didn't watch the show and I don't listen to her on the radio either. Therefore, I have no opinion on her ability and personal style.

Isn't she originally from Bury?
Fides invicta triumphat

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Perhaps that's why she was on the graveyard shift.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ramsbottom.  no, the place!!!

Bury Grammar.

#12 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

I didn't know that. I wonder why the BBC think she's worthy of employment.

I think she's a left field choice for newsnight based entirely on her vacuous displays on radio 5.

#13 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Was she the main presenter on Newsnight?

The most recent thing I have heard from Derbyshire has been the execrable post-Preening Ninny slot on Radio5 which seems to be lowest comment denominator phone in radio hell.  

A great waste as her earlier incarnations alongside Julian Worricker were very good indeed.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#14 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Was she the main presenter on Newsnight?

The most recent thing I have heard from Derbyshire has been the execrable post-Preening Ninny slot on Radio5 which seems to be lowest comment denominator phone in radio hell.

A great waste as her earlier incarnations alongside Julian Worricker were very good indeed.

Yes main presenter.

I don't recall her earlier work, but the phone in show she does is ghastly.

#15 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

It is a matter of opinion. I think she is very good. My wife disagrees. It is reported that Derbyshire was passed ovwr for a job on Today on Radio 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users