Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

D DAY 2 the sequal

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well its quite simple ,we have to beat Workington on sunday ,and im confident we can do it,then move on to York and do the same,,,,I THINK THE KEY IS TEAM SELECTION,grimshaw has to be in from the start,get in front and close the game out ,something we have not done for so long,,COME ON YOU HUNS.

#2 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well its quite simple ,we have to beat Workington on sunday ,and im confident we can do it,then move on to York and do the same,,,,I THINK THE KEY IS TEAM SELECTION,grimshaw has to be in from the start,get in front and close the game out ,something we have not done for so long,,COME ON YOU HUNS.

Come on Huns to win by 16. Lets see how long it takes the doom and gloom boys to get on board :D  :D :D  

#3 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Will be at the Rebellion Punk Festival this weekend, so cannot go to this game. Please keep me informed on this forum how the game is going.

Good luck to the Huns on Sunday.

#4 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hope baz starts with Menzies and Yates again. Both went really well against Dewsbury.

#5 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

here here last time we played worky they crocked him good now its pay back time lol seriously after so long out bringing him on at loose gave him the same opportunity to work the flanks as it would playing 6 but the Coyle brothers seems to be working for Barry so as long as he gets a chance to prove he can still open a defence then so be it
chappy

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Grimmer HAS to start simple as that

Posted Image

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

here here last time we played worky they crocked him good now its pay back time lol seriously after so long out bringing him on at loose gave him the same opportunity to work the flanks as it would playing 6 but the Coyle brothers seems to be working for Barry so as long as he gets a chance to prove he can still open a defence then so be it

we didn't crock him pal the lad picked up an unfortunate injury thats rugby. He is a good player. I see we have dave allen off widnes and danny Craven for Sunday.

#8 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

worky win then

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

worky win then

and shaun briscoe. No not necessarily a win as home advantage is massive in this league.

#10 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Town4me are u making the trip on Sunday

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Town4me are u making the trip on Sunday

can't due to working 12hr shifts. Can't be in south leeds and be back in west cumbria for 6pm

#12 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

That would take some doing any one who is coming have a safe trip

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

honestly i would be happy with a bonus point. it will keep our points ticking over and with 2 pretty easy home games against keighley and york it should see us well over 40 points. a win would be great and if we play like we did at batley then we will probably win by 12-16 points but i think the hawks will nick it by 4.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Well its quite simple ,we have to beat Workington on sunday ,and im confident we can do it,then move on to York and do the same,,,,I THINK THE KEY IS TEAM SELECTION.

Rumour has it Eaton will be going with the same team selection - I hope not!!

Chris Clough is appalling. Is he a friend of a friend or something. He came on at Dewsbury and first touch knocked on. Then he was taken off; what a waste of a substitution.

Also surprised to see there are no comments on Kains performance either. Kicked out on the full first touch and didn't catch a ball all day. And that one he patted down instead of catching - and got away with it was strangely quite humorous.

What has happened to Watson to not warrant being in the 17. He got dropped for having an average game and has not had a look in. Kain had a good game against Leigh and was appalling last week. He was also (on this forum anyway) in the top 3 for player of the year so what the hell is going on?

Thought Grimmer did well last week during his time on the pitch, so I would like to see a bit more this week

#15 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

With regards to team selection. Is it a case of "Too many cooks"?? 4 coach's ,Each havin their Favourites!

#16 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Agree with that, Clough let young Goulding walk through after half time and set up Scott for a try.Id presume no Keino so maybe Watson at centre?
Posted Image

#17 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

With regards to team selection. Is it a case of "Too many cooks"?? 4 coach's ,Each havin their Favourites!

why don't we sack em all and get roe or even better daley in for Sunday...

#18 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Pretty hard to blame Clough for being forced off by the ref

#19 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

why don't we sack em all and get roe or even better daley in for Sunday...

No just keep Mark Cass

#20 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

No just keep Mark Cass

more likely to be jonny wainhouse
hunslet hawks champions 2010