Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley vs Barrow predictions

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Batley 22-28 Barrow
Mom: Harrison
First try: clay
Attendance: 864

#2 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Batley 8-10 Barrow
First Try - Wiper
MOM - Campbell

Tom Heighton

#3 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

batley 16 - 22 barrow

First try - low

MOM - Harrison

attendance - 789

#4 FOB

FOB
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

I've been going to the Mount with the Raiders for Years and wins at Mount Pleasant are as rare as hens teeth, if we however play to our strenghths i could get to see those teeth. The Mount Pleasant slope will as alway play a big part and i hate saying this but  i'd would love a bonus point.

It's great supporting the Giant killers.

#5 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Resurgent batley 30 battling barrow 22
Att. 710

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

a BP would be great a win and id be over the moon

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

If the results go the way I hope the bottom of the league will be:

RAIDERS     28points

Keighley       27

Swinton        27

Hunslet         24

York              24

It's very tight but I reckon  victory over Keighley in the last game would be enough.

A win against Swinton would make it certain.

Town seem safe so maybe they would do us a favour. LOL

Posted Image

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Few optimistic predictions I reckon. Made enough trips to the Mount Pleasant to know getting anything from this game is going to be very tough. Even the 2009 team got beat 46 - 16 albeit we may of focused on the NRC final.

If we win we stay up if I'm honest. 31 points will keep us up and a win will take us to 30. If we can't get a bonus point from our last 3 games we deserve to go down.

Think people need to take into account that was Halifaxs third game in a week on Sunday. We played brilliant yes, but look what happened to Workington on Sunday aswell as Leighs game was much closer than it should of been. So we aren't invincible and even the best sides in the league don't always get something from Batley especially as they appear to have returned to their regular form with a demoltion of Keighly.

I'll go 32 - 12 Batley.

#9 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I reckon 34-16, but I'd be happier if we sneaked a bp.

Posted Image

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'll take a BP and hope for better.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#11 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Few optimistic predictions I reckon. Made enough trips to the Mount Pleasant to know getting anything from this game is going to be very tough. Even the 2009 team got beat 46 - 16 albeit we may of focused on the NRC final.

If we win we stay up if I'm honest. 31 points will keep us up and a win will take us to 30. If we can't get a bonus point from our last 3 games we deserve to go down.

Think people need to take into account that was Halifaxs third game in a week on Sunday. We played brilliant yes, but look what happened to Workington on Sunday aswell as Leighs game was much closer than it should of been. So we aren't invincible and even the best sides in the league don't always get something from Batley especially as they appear to have returned to their regular form with a demoltion of Keighly.

I'll go 32 - 12 Batley.

There's always one

#12 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Always one what? Batleys probably the hardest place for teams to travel but hopefully with the same team as last week and a similar performance we can come away with a win, ill be more than happy if we can stay within 12. Dont forget weve got workington at home (we will be there 3rd game that week) and keighley at home id imagine theres at worst 4 points there.

Tom Heighton

#13 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Always one what? Batleys probably the hardest place for teams to travel but hopefully with the same team as last week and a similar performance we can come away with a win, ill be more than happy if we can stay within 12. Dont forget weve got workington at home (we will be there 3rd game that week) and keighley at home id imagine theres at worst 4 points there.

I was waiting for someone to bring up about fax having there 3rd game in a week, whether it was there third game in a week or not we took a bonus point of them which not many teams can do!

#14 goudie

goudie
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

THE MIGHTY BARROW RAIDERS  24  BATLEY BULLDOGS  20.

First try Danny Jones.

Man of the Match Andrew Dawson.

Attendance  932.

COME ON RAIDERS LETS DO EM.!!   " WE KNOW WE CAN."

GOUDIE. :onthequiet: 

Posted Image

BARROW RAIDER's
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER's
NORTHERN RAIL CUP FINALIST's
CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL WINNER's

Stevo say's: I cant see anything but a win for Castleford!!!

#15 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Happy with a BP.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#16 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

I was waiting for someone to bring up about fax having there 3rd game in a week, whether it was there third game in a week or not we took a bonus point of them which not many teams can do!

Like I said, we played very well. But you need to be a tad realistic. RL is such a physically demanding sport, playing a lot of games takes so much out of sides. You can choose to ignore it, but playing mid week is a big factor in our sport.

#17 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Like I said, we played very well. But you need to be a tad realistic. RL is such a physically demanding sport, playing a lot of games takes so much out of sides. You can choose to ignore it, but playing mid week is a big factor in our sport.

What do you think the outcome of the game would of been if fax didnt have the midweek game then and we still played like we did?

#18 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Batley 24 - 12 Barrow

#19 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

12 -28 to barrow 1st try clay mom danny jones come on boys same as last week

#20 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

You can beat em defo and then receive silly updates from there fans on here for a week!! Good luck
Batley 20 barrow 21